anti cheat is bad on BFV, but why dont give a vote kick system as a supplement tool

«134
GVlXxf
408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 10
i played TD1( the division), there was "kick out" vote , either using for someone connection issue( so it can let other player come in the team when one player connection issue too long). we know BFV anti cheating is as bad as BF1, it is just a brainstorm to me in one day as a "HXXO" cheating part occur different servers( any server in that day available) , in that day i just quit the game. so if the anti cheating system didn't work well, why dont give players a choice to vote them out in the server . i think it's a good alternative than we have to depending on DICE investigation on those cheater.

1. it should get the vote over total 20-30% in a team or 20-25% both team to vote a player( normally mean cheater/ cheating) to out the server( is out on this server , not the game- so the day he can't come back in this server ( like 47001 server )again). either team/ player can start the voting system. i think it can also do that for a squad , as any member in the squad may not welcome a cheater/ supposed cheating in the squad(private squad isn't the purpose for that part). it just a byproduct of the above voting system only to a squad.

so i think this would make player/us more comfort to the anti cheating behavior.

i hope DICE would take it as a consideration. i prefer to use 20% or any number as lower as possible, as u know there was a part/friendship system and some cheater may group as a friend club, if the number need too high and they all in the same server, above vote system may be broken, so 20%, if there was 64 full player, as an example, only need 12 players to vote kick a cheater( it give all players in the server to decide do he think the being voted player is cheating/supposing cheating) , 12 players i think it 's huge number for the vote. i hope we will see it in the future.

DICE can as a example for the system to any other FPS game like COD
Post edited by GVlXxf on

Comments

  • Dr_X2345
    744 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think adding a vote kick option would be a good idea, because a lot of people are quite against cheating so even if the cheater is on their team, they'll still vote to kick them. However, I think the number of votes might have to be a bit higher, for a similar reason to the one you suggested - what if people used this to just kick enemy players who are doing well/killing them often but not hacking, because they don't like being beaten? It would certainly happen, it used to in private servers where you could be kicked for no real reason, maybe you killed the admin or their friend. But overall it's a good idea, the developers would have to decide what's a good number of votes to be required.
  • Dr_X2345
    744 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because such system will be abused and loads of innocent people will be kicked just because. I bet you have no idea how many sad people throw hackusations purely because someone is killing them again and again. Give them and option to votekick and the game will turn into a kick-fest.

    That's why I was saying it would have to be quite a high number of votes, because honestly although the stereotype is that CoD players the ones who get salty, Battlefield has a very toxic community.
  • RRedux
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Back in bf3/4, the only thing that kept cheaters at bay where private servers with active admins who took care of it, and most private servers used the BFDB third party cheater database.

    Official servers were free game for cheaters. EA can't handle the cheater problem, and at the same time they didn't like that the community handled it themselves either. It's the same reason that they don't allow votekick.

    The "official" reason is probably "we are afraid players would abuse it", which is funny, considering that cheaters are the biggest abusers of the game in the first place.

    In bf1, the number of cheaters skyrocketed since people quickly discovered that there were no real repercussions for cheating, since the community couldn't do anything about it anymore either.

    That situation has continued in bf5, but luckily, to such a large degree that EA/Dice has actually acknowledged that there is a problem with cheaters, and that the current AC methods aren't good enough. In bf1, we were just told that they were satisfied with the existing AC measures and that they "worked fine".

  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Because such system will be abused and loads of innocent people will be kicked just because. I bet you have no idea how many sad people throw hackusations purely because someone is killing them again and again. Give them and option to votekick and the game will turn into a kick-fest.

    That's why I was saying it would have to be quite a high number of votes, because honestly although the stereotype is that CoD players the ones who get salty, Battlefield has a very toxic community.

    Some people vote just to troll others or be a jerk. The system will backfire instead of being useful.
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really do not see how people can believe that there are so many cheaters in BFV and then advocate a feature that would create so many more problems.
  • Dr_X2345
    744 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Because such system will be abused and loads of innocent people will be kicked just because. I bet you have no idea how many sad people throw hackusations purely because someone is killing them again and again. Give them and option to votekick and the game will turn into a kick-fest.

    That's why I was saying it would have to be quite a high number of votes, because honestly although the stereotype is that CoD players the ones who get salty, Battlefield has a very toxic community.

    Some people vote just to troll others or be a jerk. The system will backfire instead of being useful.

    I can accept that. There does at least need to be an easier way to report hackers, ideally in-game from the leaderboard, however.
  • GVlXxf
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    I think adding a vote kick option would be a good idea, because a lot of people are quite against cheating so even if the cheater is on their team, they'll still vote to kick them. However, I think the number of votes might have to be a bit higher, for a similar reason to the one you suggested - what if people used this to just kick enemy players who are doing well/killing them often but not hacking, because they don't like being beaten? It would certainly happen, it used to in private servers where you could be kicked for no real reason, maybe you killed the admin or their friend. But overall it's a good idea, the developers would have to decide what's a good number of votes to be required.

    there is no any prefect system in the world, and i think like a court, think all player is honest, it is up to a player in the server. i understand ur concerns, but like i said, no prefect system exist in the real world . summay, it just vote kick out the serve, not the game. if this happen, he may go other server in the same day.

    however, as i said, we should think all players is honest, i still think a good player in the game wouldn't be kick out for time go on after we familiar the voting system
  • GVlXxf
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    Back in bf3/4, the only thing that kept cheaters at bay where private servers with active admins who took care of it, and most private servers used the BFDB third party cheater database.

    Official servers were free game for cheaters. EA can't handle the cheater problem, and at the same time they didn't like that the community handled it themselves either. It's the same reason that they don't allow votekick.

    The "official" reason is probably "we are afraid players would abuse it", which is funny, considering that cheaters are the biggest abusers of the game in the first place.

    In bf1, the number of cheaters skyrocketed since people quickly discovered that there were no real repercussions for cheating, since the community couldn't do anything about it anymore either.

    That situation has continued in bf5, but luckily, to such a large degree that EA/Dice has actually acknowledged that there is a problem with cheaters, and that the current AC methods aren't good enough. In bf1, we were just told that they were satisfied with the existing AC measures and that they "worked fine".

    if u know that, it's a rented server, not official serve. they are running/ renting by a person / company . that why i love to BF1 server, as it's running under DICE, not a rented server. however, they both work in the same way, just the admins have own power to press the button or more effective , but it depend on human him/herself, not fair enough comparing with a computer program( it would investigate data....)
  • GVlXxf
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    furthermore, the voting system have a byproduct, to let DICE investigate or concern why some player is kick out too frequent, so if he is n't cheating, i think fair play or anti cheating DICE is using on BFV would not ban him/her. like i said, we should treat all player is honest , i do think when player is familiar the vote kick system, players should comfort with a good shooter player as the most dislike players still is cheater more than good ones
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Because such system will be abused and loads of innocent people will be kicked just because. I bet you have no idea how many sad people throw hackusations purely because someone is killing them again and again. Give them and option to votekick and the game will turn into a kick-fest.

    That's why I was saying it would have to be quite a high number of votes, because honestly although the stereotype is that CoD players the ones who get salty, Battlefield has a very toxic community.

    Some people vote just to troll others or be a jerk. The system will backfire instead of being useful.

    I can accept that. There does at least need to be an easier way to report hackers, ideally in-game from the leaderboard, however.

    Now that's the right way of thinking. You also should be informed when someone you've reported before got banned.
  • GVlXxf
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I really do not see how people can believe that there are so many cheaters in BFV and then advocate a feature that would create so many more problems.

    as u is cheater too, "genius" , go youtube. many famous streamer do face a cheater, is it your problem or the problem on the whole community( fair play player). u just a Internet Water Army, and DICE have give out a notice about anti cheating too. so my conclusion is u is a internet water army. i accepted opposite comment, but ones should make it sense or just make u like a internet water army who spread comment that want to confuse readers' mind. however as i said,u go no point to support u view, go youtube and watch most famous streamer, they all face a cheater. may be u is on console, i am on PC , so i didn't know the situation in console.

    thank u comment
  • GVlXxf
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    the kickout voting system i suggestived is applying for the same day on the same server( like 47001 or 2349 etc any servers), not a game or continue on next days in the same server.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Votekick would be massively abused.
  • GVlXxf
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    Votekick would be massively abused.

    would u abuse it if there was this system in the future?

    it depend on all other players too, not just a player can kick out any players. he can start the vote, but can't kick one out ( cheater or any player) by him/herself only. u should treat all players is honest, like true court treat all person is innocent too. it's the basic principle behind a good system, even in real world

    current in BFV, u should see they( cheaters) come in as a group, not a person. too high vote would make its broken, it is much worst than a certain of small votes which is fair enough as lower as it can.
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GVlXxf wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I really do not see how people can believe that there are so many cheaters in BFV and then advocate a feature that would create so many more problems.

    as u is cheater too, "genius" , go youtube. many famous streamer do face a cheater, is it your problem or the problem on the whole community( fair play player). u just a Internet Water Army, and DICE have give out a notice about anti cheating too. so my conclusion is u is a internet water army. i accepted opposite comment, but ones should make it sense or just make u like a internet water army who spread comment that want to confuse readers' mind. however as i said,u go no point to support u view, go youtube and watch most famous streamer, they all face a cheater. may be u is on console, i am on PC , so i didn't know the situation in console.

    thank u comment

    This was more a general rebuttal than specifically aimed at you. If I came off to harshly, I do apologize. The topic just really gets on my nerves. Right now there is panic everywhere, every day three new threads about cheating pop up, it is really a mass hysteria. If you bring up youtubers, then I have to say that Westie did one last week, where he said, he had not yet encountered one. I have encountered only one. Oh yeah I see a few dodgy kills and deaths here and there, but there are a thousand other reasons before I suspect cheating.
    There is a thread about the console player who went through the trouble to have four accounts active and people think this is a common thing now. Which it obviously is not. Now imagine a votekick system: Say you need 4-6 players to do a kick, that is easily reachable by clans/friends/squads to get rid of certain acteurs that are just good. If you need 16, there will hardly be anything done, unless someone kills the whole server with the ammo pouch. If it is a more subtle cheat, how are the people supposed to know there is one about? How do you convince the people, especially on that guy's team? In a 64 player game your chances are good enough to never fight that guy, let alone verify that he does dodgy things.
    It will therefore either be abusable or irrelevant.
  • SteveSt1fler
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because any good player on a pub server will do well and get vote kicked due to the stupid amount of hackusations on pc. Everyone claims hacks when they get killed. I would just uninstall the game if i got kicked for no reason other than salt
  • SOLDATxTODT
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    regardless of what works, they need to get something that does because whatever system of anti-cheat they are using obviously doesn't work. I've been playing the Battlefield series since it first came out with 1942, I have seen a handfull of cheaters over the course of that span. This game however is a different story, just got done with a frontlines map and the to 3 opponents were 136-5, 67-3 and 44 - 2. Ive seen good medics keep people alive but that defies the odds. Lest I forget they were trolling everyone which adds insult to the injury. Dice is to concerned with being P.C. to do anything about it.
  • GVlXxf
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    GVlXxf wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I really do not see how people can believe that there are so many cheaters in BFV and then advocate a feature that would create so many more problems.

    ......

    This was more a general rebuttal than specifically aimed at you. If I came off to harshly, I do apologize. The topic just really gets on my nerves. Right now there is panic everywhere, every day three new threads about cheating pop up, it is really a mass hysteria. If you bring up youtubers, then I have to say that Westie did one last week, where he said, he had not yet encountered one. I have encountered only one......

    i didn't know do they is playing in public servers( i means most of players isn't invited in the server from "friend"), i am not the region they is playing, so i did''t their situation. but i do think cheaters is obvious in BFV. they didn't speak clearly, they may quit the server or game there was some cheaters, so that why they said they didn't match with cheating in the game.
  • GVlXxf
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    i suggest 20%, if it's a full 64 player , need 12 players to kick one out( i usually means he is cheating). is it equal to 4 players *3 squad ( it's still a Hugh number of squad needed in a game under 6-7 squad at normal situation). it depend on the how many numbe of players in the server they is playing, not a defined number for kick out. so this is fair and efficient enough for any game in each server to the kick out system( if there is)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!