This Week in Battlefield V

DICE, give those women hair!

Tactical_wizzzeR
311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
why can't my company of sexy war vixens flaunt their luscious redhead/blonde/brunnete/black ponytail as it moves gracefully with the wind as they kill men and other women effortlesslly and look good while doing so?
besides it's the 1940s, there are so many great hairstyles to go with, It's not like the game really is that authentic to begin with... WWII was a horrible time indeed, howerver the fashion was great, it's such a big wealth of visual language that DICE just completely ignores.

look at Rainbow Six: Siege! look at the ladies there, all stylish with lots of unique hairstyles and some even dye their hair green and still look ready for action. why are do all the ladies in BFV have to be this depressingly bald?

and while at it, why not the men too? why can't my hunky Gunther squad get the "Harvard Clip"... helmets? I'm not always wearing those in this game and... you know what?! I want my male soldiers to have long hair too! give me a kilt, a beard and long hair, put me Bren Gun on this lad and a sword.

yeah those "crazy" costumizations everyone were so angry about, turns out this game might use some personalization that actually pop up and look unique, at least while still be era authentic.

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1780 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    why can't my company of sexy war vixens flaunt their luscious redhead/blonde/brunnete/black ponytail as it moves gracefully with the wind as they kill men and other women effortlesslly and look good while doing so?.

Because a few people went nuts and scared DICE into removing a TON of stuff that was supposed to be in game..

• zterrans
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I seem to remember seeing on one video what appeared to be a current version of BFV where characters had hair. It wasn't super long, it wasn't crazy, but it was there. Its somewhat a shame we don't have that option, as it means if we do get the americans we won't be able to get the mohawk style for the airborne, but I guess there aren't a lot of "signature" styles that would require the option.
  • NLBartmaN
    3304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Better idea:

remove the WW2 theme completely (the small part that the game does have) and add unlimited customizations ...
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean just generally some hair would be good. While the armed forces did have fairly strict uniform regulations, and the haircuts were normally quite neat at least based off historical photos, I don't think the entire British (or German) army had buzz cuts. And giving us the option to just not have any headgear would be nice as well as a free alternative default appearance.
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, I think we should just go all-Wolfenstein. The damage has already been done. Unleash the mad customizations.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't get this mindset of 'oh, you can play as a woman so why not have jet packs and plasma guns as well'. It's taking stuff completely out of context and proportion. When you play the game, you do get a feeling of 'OK, this is at least based off WW2'. It might not be entirely accurate, but the base theme is there, with the weapons, vehicles, locations etc.
  • Caramac_D
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As long as we can have 1940's ladies hairstyles equippable for the men too, I'm happy.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There was hair featured in trailers and before launch, most likely removed because of people who complained about historical accuracy.
  • M_Rat13
    1043 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yer, if you look at actual images of WW2, men didn't just have buzzcuts, and, the women who fought (mainly talking about Russian snipers), had hair just above the shoulders, generally, or a ponytail.

You can be historically accurate and still have hair lol. In fact, it'd be more historically accurate lol.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Better idea:

remove the WW2 theme completely (the small part that the game does have) and add unlimited customizations ...

I'd be all for that.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They're soldiers. What should they look like, Betty Grable? Enough of this nonsense please. Bad enough i hear more women screaming on this game in battle than an Arianna Garande concert.
  • Caramac_D
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Arianna Garand would be the perfect player name for BFV :p
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Caramac_D wrote: »

Oh geez, please folks i BEG of you, keep this stuff on the new Battle Royale please. Thank you.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Oh geez, please folks i BEG of you, keep this stuff on the new Battle Royale please. Thank you.

this isnt about BR
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

this isnt about BR

Well that's where they may do these things. All these hairstyles, hook hands, kratos, it's probably all going to be there.
  • Noodlesocks
    2880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know this is a joke thread but I would actually like more helmetless customisation.
  • M_Rat13
    1043 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're soldiers. What should they look like, Betty Grable? Enough of this nonsense please. Bad enough i hear more women screaming on this game in battle than an Arianna Garande concert.

Like they actually did in WW2 lol. I dare you to look up images on WW2 Russian snipers. You'll be in for a shock lol.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

Like they actually did in WW2 lol. I dare you to look up images on WW2 Russian snipers. You'll be in for a shock lol.

Well, when they come out with Russian snipers we'll talk about it. Not many British or Germans had those hairstyles...in fact.... Look, i'm NOT going there. We'll wait for the Russians.
  • M_Rat13
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

Well, when they come out with Russian snipers we'll talk about it. Not many British or Germans had those hairstyles...in fact.... Look, i'm NOT going there. We'll wait for the Russians.

Becuase you know the current hairstyles are historically inaccurate, but you just can't admit it.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    im not sure if the op is serious about this thread