This Week in Battlefield V

DICE, give those women hair!

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes yes fine give them lucious hair totally fine. No hunky Gunthers though.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    They're soldiers. What should they look like, Betty Grable? Enough of this nonsense please. Bad enough i hear more women screaming on this game in battle than an Arianna Garande concert.

Like they actually did in WW2 lol. I dare you to look up images on WW2 Russian snipers. You'll be in for a shock lol.

Well, when they come out with Russian snipers we'll talk about it. Not many British or Germans had those hairstyles...in fact.... Look, i'm NOT going there. We'll wait for the Russians.

Becuase you know the current hairstyles are historically inaccurate, but you just can't admit it.

They're historically inaccurate probably because in fact women fighting in the military in these factions was historically inaccurate. So, we went far enough, and the answer is NO. Put it on Battle Royale. Tired of this ridiculousness.
  • M_Rat13
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're soldiers. What should they look like, Betty Grable? Enough of this nonsense please. Bad enough i hear more women screaming on this game in battle than an Arianna Garande concert.

Like they actually did in WW2 lol. I dare you to look up images on WW2 Russian snipers. You'll be in for a shock lol.

Well, when they come out with Russian snipers we'll talk about it. Not many British or Germans had those hairstyles...in fact.... Look, i'm NOT going there. We'll wait for the Russians.

Becuase you know the current hairstyles are historically inaccurate, but you just can't admit it.

They're historically inaccurate probably because in fact women fighting in the military in these factions was historically inaccurate. So, we went far enough, and the answer is NO. Put it on Battle Royale. Tired of this ridiculousness.

All I'm asking for is more than a buzz cut lol. Both male AND female.

Apparently hair triggers people lol.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I, for one, am tired of people acting like BF is or ever has been even remotely historically accurate.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

I, for one, am tired of people acting like BF is or ever has been even remotely historically accurate.

Loq, don't make this an issue we're all going to regret. DICE has done a wonderful job with the customizations. Put the bizarro, on the bizarro Battle Royale mode. I'm done on this thread.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    As I have previously mentioned, I really want a beauty saloon on each spawn where I walk into, spend some company coin and get my girl's hair and nails done before continuing to the battle field. Why is this not in the game?!? No respectable female went into WW2 without her perm.
    Also, I want more female-friendly outfits and gun colors, not just black / green / gold. A splash of purple on my MMGs would look very nice. Maybe some pink cammo clothing?
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zenga wrote: »
    As I have previously mentioned, I really want a beauty saloon on each spawn where I walk into, spend some company coin and get my girl's hair and nails done before continuing to the battle field. Why is this not in the game?!? No respectable female went into WW2 without her perm.
    Also, I want more female-friendly outfits and gun colors, not just black / green / gold. A splash of purple on my MMGs would look very nice. Maybe some pink cammo clothing?

Jesus Christ, why do people have this weird need to take stuff out of proportion?
    Even if each 'character' just had a pre-set hair, it'd be better than everyone having a buzz cut. Ideally there'd be a choice of a few era-typical hairstyles for each character, but having hair at all would be a start.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10

Loq, don't make this an issue we're all going to regret. DICE has done a wonderful job with the customizations. Put the bizarro, on the bizarro Battle Royale mode. I'm done on this thread.

There are blatant inaccuracies in the current customization as well, even completely made up gear that simply resembles something from the 1940s era of warfare, your stance on it holds no ground.

There's nothing bizzaro about hair styles, or even the 1940s era prosthetic arm. Those things were actually seen and used to some extent in ww2. There is a famous Russian soldier who ran his own private militia and continued fighting in front lines combat in Africa using the same exact prosthetic arm we saw in the reveal trailer after he had his hand blown off in combat. You can do a simple Google search and find historical photos of ww2 soldiers with a myriad of hair styles and even full beards. The Germans DEFINITELY weren't all buzz cut - longer, combed and styled hair was commonplace in the German army.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There are blatant inaccuracies in the current customization as well, even completely made up gear that simply resembles something from the 1940s era of warfare, your stance on it holds no ground.

There's nothing bizzaro about hair styles, or even the 1940s era prosthetic arm. Those things were actually seen and used to some extent in ww2. There is a famous Russian soldier who ran his own private malitia and continued fighting in front lines combat in Africa using the same exact prosthetic arm we saw in the reveal trailer after he had his hand blown off in combat. You can do a simple Google search and find historical photos of ww2 soldiers with a myriad of hair styles and even full beards. The Germans DEFINITELY weren't all buzz cut - longer, combed and styled hair was commonplace in the German army.

Exactly. Obviously they're going to take some liberties with customisation, but while a lot of it is fabricated the actual uniform styles aren't too out there to be in a WW2 game, at least for me. I don't want someone running round in a hot pink rhinestoned jumpsuit, but if there's some non-standard equipment going round then it really doesn't bother me as long as it isn't glaringly obvious.
  • M_Rat13
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zterrans wrote: »
    K7570.jpg

Yup, you can just see here its nothing for buzzcuts for the British.

Exactly.

Obviously women characters suffer most from the buzzcut look, but it doesn't mean we should exclude men from the conversation too.

Hair existed in the 1940s, whether people like it or not.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    zterrans wrote: »
    Hair existed in the 1940s, whether people like it or not.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THIS XD

Anyway, middle-ground solution could be to have each character with a fixed, non customizable, cut of hair. All those bald people are pretty ridiculous. Also, I'd to see moustache and SOME facial hair. Goddammit, it not so hard to add some kind of hair customization without going full Wolfenstein/Mad Max/Pink hair.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Zenga wrote: »

Jesus Christ, why do people have this weird need to take stuff out of proportion?
    Even if each 'character' just had a pre-set hair, it'd be better than everyone having a buzz cut. Ideally there'd be a choice of a few era-typical hairstyles for each character, but having hair at all would be a start.

I was not joking or being sarcastic. I'm totally serious and I do want those things in the game. It's sad that we have female characters in the game, but they all look like boys. I want long, curly hair, waving in the wind, lit up by the explosions of forum anger.
  • heresPaul
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed
    I’d like to choose eyebrow shapes aswell for men an women, get it done Dice!
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You're gonna make them show their true colors and admit it was never about historical accuracy it's about something else.....
  • M_Rat13

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You're gonna make them show their true colors and admit it was never about historical accuracy it's about something else.....

Yer, the fact they have chaetophobia (a fear of hair).
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hahahah why not.. Microtransation will come!
  • BaronVonGoon
    6777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What about bikinis
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What about bikinis

Only in battle royale
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Better idea is to remove females from the game, atleast for assults, supports, tank drivers and pilot classes. Medics and snipers looks less awefull and unlogical then others.