How to improve your aim at Battlefield 5 (and your tracking!)

Comments

• Pelliy
    2221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it won't hurt. I hope I can run it on Intel graphics lol.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    What are your BFV stats like?

hi there , these are my stats https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/rtx_on420/overview

I had 0.76 kd , in the last month my kd went up to 2 ! And thats because i had alot of 3kd matches , since the last week i can pull a 3kd almost every game i play , when im at my best i can do 5 something wich i never thought was possible for me !

That link doesn't work for me and I can't find you tag on the tracker?
  • FritzCT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @VairocanaBuddha @MachoFantast1c0 Please could you share your in game settings (BF V).

I gave Aim Lab a quick go and I clearly had my in game settings well off with a low sensitivity and high DPI.

I've dropped the DPI and increased sensitivity and it's made a huge difference.

I'd like to know where I should be at though.

Fritz
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    FritzCT wrote: »
    @VairocanaBuddha @MachoFantast1c0 Please could you share your in game settings (BF V).

I gave Aim Lab a quick go and I clearly had my in game settings well off with a low sensitivity and high DPI.

Fritz

The best sensitivity to use in-game (including Aim Lab) all comes down to personal preference. There is no "best" sensitivity. A consistent sensitivity between games is more important because it allows you to build muscle memory.

That said, a lot of competitive players will set their sensitivity somewhere between 35-50cm/360, which means they need to move their mouse that distance to do a full 360 in game. However, I have a lot of friends who do well at a much higher sensitivity. It's really personal preference.

Finally, your DPI really doesn't need to be higher than 800. A higher DPI doesn't really give you any huge advantages.
  • chainloose
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Fritz

hi there Fristz , my in game settings are
    Mouse settings : hipfire 20% , zoom sens 70% , everything else default , i run 400dpi , 6/11 windows sens , these settings give you a 27cm/360 hipfire and 40cm/360 x1 zoom
    Graphics settings : everything on low , dx 12 on
    Postprocessing : everything turned off
    runing the game at 1080p 16:9
    Vsync - off

Now your sens is your sens , wichever you are comfortable with , if you are a wrist player usually you have a high sens , for arm players they use a lower sens. I am a wrist player .
    My advice to you is to have one sens wich you find comfortable and stick with it !

Now that you have your sens , wichever that might be , you need to setup Aimlab so that your training functions as it should.

Now this is how i setup aimlab :
    Your Battlefield 5 Fov needs to match Aimlab fov
    I only use the 1x scope , so i went to mouse-sensitivity.com i selected Batlefield 5 and i selected 1x scope to convert
    When you select a scope it shows you the fov of it
    I adjusted the fov for the aimlab to match the 1x scope fov in Battlefield 5
    Then i converted my X1 scope sens from battlefield 5 to Aimlab hipfire using mouse-sensitivity.com , and i used the monitor match 0% conversion method wich is highlighted right at the top of the calculator.

Now you have the same Fov and the same sens in aimlab as you have in battlefield 5 !

I hope this helped you
  • chainloose
    What are your BFV stats like?

hi there , these are my stats https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/rtx_on420/overview

I had 0.76 kd , in the last month my kd went up to 2 ! And thats because i had alot of 3kd matches , since the last week i can pull a 3kd almost every game i play , when im at my best i can do 5 something wich i never thought was possible for me !

That link doesn't work for me and I can't find you tag on the tracker?

i change my name alot , but dont worry about my stats , the idea here is that it works , if you wanna have a good aim this training really works! is up to you if you wanna get skilled at aiming or not!
  • chainloose
    edited February 8

Fritz

hi fritz

I will tell you all you need to know

Firstly i run the game on low with v sync off and all post processing and motion blur off , i run it at dx 12 , 1080p 240hz

What you need to do is to have one sensitivity that you are comfortable with and stick to it!
    Now lets say that your sensitivity is the one from Battlefield 5

To properly setup aimlab you need 2 things !

1st - you want Aimlab to have the same fov as your battlefield 5 fov (for example , i only use the x1 scope , so i went to mouse-sensitivity.com and i selected battlefield 5 , and x1 scope , then the calculator should display the FOV of the x1 scope , you then select the game you want to convert to , wich is Aimlab , and in the FOV box you have to match the fov of the x1 scope from BF5)

2nd - after you matched the FOV of both games , you need to use the exact sensitivity in aimlab as you use in Battlefield 5 , mouse-sensitivity.com does this conversion for you , make sure to use Monitor Match 0% as the conversion method wich is at the top of the calculator , or leave it as it is , it is by default at monitor match 0%

Then you go into aimlab and tinker with the settings and modify them according to your mouse-sensitivity.com results ! So you change the hipfire fov in aimlab and you change the sens using the values mouse-sens.com gave you after youdid your conversion!
    As a general word of advice , when you play other games always Have a main game from wich you convert all your sensitivities , is if Battlefield 5 is your main game , use that to convert to all the other games , so that you get the exact same sensitivity in every game you play ! Also always use Monitor Match 0% as the conversion method , as that is the most accurate method to convert sensitivity!

I use my x1 scope sens from BF5 to convert to all my other games!

hope this helped you.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    @VairocanaBuddha what's your sensitivity in cm/360 degrees?

27 cm hipfire , 40 cm x1 zoom
    400 dpi , 20 sens , 70 zoom
    using relaaa's settings :D

Interesting, you've gotten fine motor control to a good place. I personally play with 60 cm/360, and I'm going to give Aim Lab a go.

I'm still at 1200 DPI, 16% sensitivity. I've been lowering it over time. I started at 2400 DPI, 20% sensitivity. I'm at a 2.77 KDR overall and my best is 3.23 on support. I was never below a 2.5 KDR in BFV though.

I haven't used any sort of training exercises though. Just playing the game.
  • Pelliy
    2221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would like the ability to snap on targets more efficiently like rela and develop a good twitch. He's so fast. You barely see the mouse move.
  • chainloose
    Pelliy wrote: »
    I would like the ability to snap on targets more efficiently like rela and develop a good twitch. He's so fast. You barely see the mouse move.

well he is a wrist player and he also played for thousand of houres , it takes time to get at his level
  • Pelliy

well he is a wrist player and he also played for thousand of houres , it takes time to get at his level

Yeah, I don't expect to get to his level but I'd like to be more consistent when I do it.
  • chainloose

Yeah, I don't expect to get to his level but I'd like to be more consistent when I do it.

well you can even surpass his level with enough training put into it , using an aimtrainer will defenetly make you very consistent over time
  • Kongo030
    617 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    And then you reach a certain level where you complain about explosives and everything that doesn't kill you because of higher skill. Just like jackfrags did all the time in BF1...that's not what BF is about....
  • Pelliy
    edited February 9

well you can even surpass his level with enough training put into it , using an aimtrainer will defenetly make you very consistent over time

Rela doesn't use trainers. Most pro players don't. They train in the game that they play in not outside trainers. Shroud mentioned this, rela mentioned this and a few others.

External aim trainers aren't 1:1

But it won't hurt me to try

Here's rela in bf4

https://streamable.com/ibr3g
    Post edited by Pelliy on
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Rela doesn't use trainers. Most pro players don't. They train in the game that they play in but outside trainers. Shroud mentioned this, rela mentioned this and a few others.

Here's rela in bf4

If I'm not mistaken, Relaaa held the world record on Aimbooster at one point.

• Pelliy

Rela doesn't use trainers. Most pro players don't. They train in the game that they play in but outside trainers. Shroud mentioned this, rela mentioned this and a few others.

Here's rela in bf4

If I'm not mistaken, Relaaa held the world record on Aimbooster at one point.

Yes, he did but he said the top players in aim booster use keyboard to click and not nice. Same with the Japanese game OSU.

He said the best method is learning through your game of choice and practice in that game . Not on external aiming sites. I've heard several pro players say this. Yet they all do really well on aim booster. Lol
  • Pelliy
    This is the fastest I've ever done it and it's still not that fast - https://streamable.com/3l5l3
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Here's rela in bf4

I think there's truth to this. The reason I used the aim training workshops in CSGO is that it was a game I actually wanted to play. All the work I put in would be more applicable.
  • FritzCT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Fritz

hi there Fristz , my in game settings are
    Mouse settings : hipfire 20% , zoom sens 70% , everything else default , i run 400dpi , 6/11 windows sens , these settings give you a 27cm/360 hipfire and 40cm/360 x1 zoom
    Graphics settings : everything on low , dx 12 on
    Postprocessing : everything turned off
    runing the game at 1080p 16:9
    Vsync - off

Now your sens is your sens , wichever you are comfortable with , if you are a wrist player usually you have a high sens , for arm players they use a lower sens. I am a wrist player .
    My advice to you is to have one sens wich you find comfortable and stick with it !

Now that you have your sens , wichever that might be , you need to setup Aimlab so that your training functions as it should.

Now this is how i setup aimlab :
    Your Battlefield 5 Fov needs to match Aimlab fov
    I only use the 1x scope , so i went to mouse-sensitivity.com i selected Batlefield 5 and i selected 1x scope to convert
    When you select a scope it shows you the fov of it
    I adjusted the fov for the aimlab to match the 1x scope fov in Battlefield 5
    Then i converted my X1 scope sens from battlefield 5 to Aimlab hipfire using mouse-sensitivity.com , and i used the monitor match 0% conversion method wich is highlighted right at the top of the calculator.

Now you have the same Fov and the same sens in aimlab as you have in battlefield 5 !

I hope this helped you

Fritz

hi fritz

I will tell you all you need to know

Firstly i run the game on low with v sync off and all post processing and motion blur off , i run it at dx 12 , 1080p 240hz

What you need to do is to have one sensitivity that you are comfortable with and stick to it!
    Now lets say that your sensitivity is the one from Battlefield 5

To properly setup aimlab you need 2 things !

1st - you want Aimlab to have the same fov as your battlefield 5 fov (for example , i only use the x1 scope , so i went to mouse-sensitivity.com and i selected battlefield 5 , and x1 scope , then the calculator should display the FOV of the x1 scope , you then select the game you want to convert to , wich is Aimlab , and in the FOV box you have to match the fov of the x1 scope from BF5)

2nd - after you matched the FOV of both games , you need to use the exact sensitivity in aimlab as you use in Battlefield 5 , mouse-sensitivity.com does this conversion for you , make sure to use Monitor Match 0% as the conversion method wich is at the top of the calculator , or leave it as it is , it is by default at monitor match 0%

Then you go into aimlab and tinker with the settings and modify them according to your mouse-sensitivity.com results ! So you change the hipfire fov in aimlab and you change the sens using the values mouse-sens.com gave you after youdid your conversion!
    As a general word of advice , when you play other games always Have a main game from wich you convert all your sensitivities , is if Battlefield 5 is your main game , use that to convert to all the other games , so that you get the exact same sensitivity in every game you play ! Also always use Monitor Match 0% as the conversion method , as that is the most accurate method to convert sensitivity!

I use my x1 scope sens from BF5 to convert to all my other games!

hope this helped you.

Hey thanks for the pointers.

I understand exactly what you mean about one sensitivity isn't necessarily good for another so I get that I need to find what suits me but that isn't what really drove my question.

When I dropped my DPI and increased the sensitivity the cursor movement didn't change too much (as in still about 3/4 of my mouse mat for 360) but the motion was so much smoother and hence made it easier to acquire targets without having to correct for over/ under rotation.

I play mainly from the wrist so I think i'm going to need to push up in game sensitivity a bit to get to my spot but your settings have given me a good base to work from.

Aim Lab tips are useful too, I need to tweak them as well as my conversion didn't feel quite right but want to get my in game settings correct first - dropping DPI & increasing sensitivity has already been a big step forward.

Thanks again

Fritz
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Fritz

As already mentioned, in-game setting are mostly a personal preference. I use 600 DPI at 4 percent sensitivity, and the Logitech G305 to handle the low sensitivity way better than the previous heavy G502.

I've been warming up with the Aim Lab for three days now, and I think it is beneficial. When I started, I was under-aiming my flicks, but it was quick to remedy. Due to low sensitivity, my target transfer is slower than what a high sensitivity would allow. As an example, in the Spider-Shot Speed Aim exercise I get an accuracy between 80-90 percent with reaction time around ~450 milliseconds.

However, I don't think it matters much in game. All the other skills such as awareness and positioning work together to ensure my point of aim is always near expected opponents. And the low sensitivity facilitates accurate microflicks, fine adjustments, target tracking and recoil control. This is clearly visible in the Microflick exercise, where I consistently score over 90 percent accuracy with a good reaction time. Same goes for precision oriented exercises.

I will continue to work on improving muscle memory and consistency especially for those longer flicks, but my by far weakest point seems to be handling multiple targets. My old brain is having considerably difficulties in managing target prioritization and accurate transfer when there are more than two targets visible at a time. Haven't yet done a lot of tracking exercises.
    It's better to aim train in the game that you're playing in because movement functions differently and the type of aim require for various fps games differ.

With a calculated transfer of settings corroborated with a measuring tape, the 3D shooting range provides an identical feeling in my opinion. This is clearly a superior set-up compared to browser-based 2D aim boosters, since the sensitivity distortion across the viewpoint functions identically with an equal FOV. Also I don't ADS in Aim Lab, so there's no possibility of a differing experience due to handling of zoom.

I also experimented with shooting using the keyboard, and while it was ok, I feel that using the LMB is superior for transferring performance to in-game. After all, I'm not competing in Aim Lab, I'm using it to build confidence for in-game.

By far the biggest drawback to Aim Lab is that my wife now thinks I'm crazy.