Weekly BF

How many cheaters have you reported vs cheaters you've seen actioned?

13»

Comments

• PrezMtDewCamacho
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 10
    If you camp hard enough/quit games you can have just about any K/D you want.

There are several factors that have to be addressed before a hacks accusation.

K/D isn't what makes me suspect cheating in most cases, it's watching someone do something that appears to be outside the normal functioning of the game, e.g. tracking players (too far away to hear) through solid cover. Everybody gets lucky now and then, but someone who consistently knows where all his opponents are is getting some outside help.

I can't speak to your specific situation, but in the BF games I've played the vehicles, sights and devices which spot enemies are used very effectively by experienced players, which will lead to a of of spotted players on the map. When you know a map well, you can memorize the position to put a given weapon in to get a kill in that spot.

What I look for is noob tactics and abnormal stats. If you watch videos from very experienced gamers encountering hacks, such as Dr. Disrespect, you can learn a lot about spotting them.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0ld_yell0w wrote: »
    @FurkanYL If you mean your stats in that game you just left then yes, you get the kills and points you already earned in that game.

As @parkingbrake wrote, theres a dungload of things to watch for and be suspicious about but rarely the KD alone.
    (unless its 49152/1) <- that would certainly raise an eyebrow or two.
    Most stats can be inflated one way or the other, not the ACC and DMG though.

So the guy I saw who had played three days and had over 1,600 kills to only three deaths--KDR of 544/1--he was probably on the suspicious side? LOL, how can someone like that not disappear from the leaderboards almost instantly? An intern could look at the leaderboards once a day and red-flag dozens of hack users, that these critters are allowed to play for any length of time is absurd.
  • PrezMtDewCamacho
    @FurkanYL If you mean your stats in that game you just left then yes, you get the kills and points you already earned in that game.

As @parkingbrake wrote, theres a dungload of things to watch for and be suspicious about but rarely the KD alone.

So the guy I saw who had played three days and had over 1,600 kills to only three deaths--KDR of 544/1--he was probably on the suspicious side? LOL, how can someone like that not disappear from the leaderboards almost instantly? An intern could look at the leaderboards once a day and red-flag dozens of hack users, that these critters are allowed to play for any length of time is absurd.

Because there are maps and teams which can facilitate, for example, a chopper gunner doing as such. Bloody Cry did it on BF3
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    I stopped reporting cheaters. The most recent statement from EA/DICE regarding hacking/cheating gave me the impression that they do not/will not take action on such reports.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Because there are maps and teams which can facilitate, for example, a chopper gunner doing as such. Bloody Cry did it on BF3

This guy is playing infantry, so his stats do seem to be a bit on the incredible (in the original meaning of the word) side.
  • PrezMtDewCamacho

This guy is playing infantry, so his stats do seem to be a bit on the incredible (in the original meaning of the word) side.

Medic trains, espeically in bf3, lead to some crazy k/ds
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Well, it just confirms that EA/DICE doesnt give a flying peep about it now or like the leaderboards in BF3,BF4,BFH and BF1 lots of the highest scores/stats is obviously done by cheating or exploiting the leaderboards, Ive even seen injected scores and private "hacked" servers set up only to inflate scores ... and lots of them is still there .. why is that ?

Yes @PrezMtDewCamacho medictrains helps a lot, but not THAT much.
  • Mobidougui
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reported a guy that was resuscitating his team from accross the map 2 months ago, even his team mates were complaining about it... still playing. ok
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rifle77 wrote: »
    I've reported 9 suspected cheaters so far, 4 are either "user no longer exists" or haven't had a game in over a month since I reported them, 5 are still playing every day (two of them are recent reports though). It appears that there is, at least, some behind the scenes banning going on.

How many rounds have they *all* played, before their bans?

One very egregious and blatant cheater had over 300 rounds played...
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Plenty of cheating going on in bf5, but K/D isn't the way to accuse them. It is however a sign of spectating. Then you can say, hey that's just a smart player. Or you see him firing at dots on the radar, with hills in between.
    Or through smoke etc etc.
    Amazing what you find when speccing so called good players.

Kills Per Minute can tend to be a good thing to look at, in combination with KDR, accuracy, (sort best to worst) if anything stands out, like 75% accuracy with the Lewis but 20% everything else...

Or just watch on their radar as they bee-line from opponent to opponent.