Semi-Autos need big recoil increase

Comments

• naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    'no recoil whatsoever' - lol.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    The recoil doesn't bother me nearly as much as their silly rate of fire.
  • CSO7777
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    'no recoil whatsoever' - lol.
    Yeah, playing on PC and there are plenty of recoil. It's easy to control, but you cannot just spam a SLR at longer ranges, you have to aim between each shot. At close/medium range the recoil is of almost no issue and aim and ROF decides the weapons performance though.

But dice apparantly nerfs some of the SLRs in the next patch, we must see how it turns out.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How were you able to reply 3 times to yourself!?
    I cant even do that if i create a thread :/
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Why not just buff Recon guns instead? If your problem is them losing to Assualt at long range.

Recon should be removed from the game lol, instead of buff. At the moment it is designed for camping instead of actually do some recon. That class needs alot more agressive weapons and gadgets, for example C4 and DMRs (but DMRs should be removed from assault in that case). I remember that in BF3 and 4 there was very popular setup for recon - PDW\DMR + c4 + spawn beacon. Its was very usefull for objectives and ppl could do pretty much all recon archievements without beeing camping rats.
  • Noodlesocks
    2337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Buff recon, remove 3x scopes from assault and support.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Why not just buff Recon guns instead? If your problem is them losing to Assualt at long range.

Recon should be removed from the game lol, instead of buff. At the moment it is designed for camping instead of actually do some recon. That class needs alot more agressive weapons and gadgets, for example C4 and DMRs (but DMRs should be removed from assault in that case). I remember that in BF3 and 4 there was very popular setup for recon - PDW\DMR + c4 + spawn beacon. Its was very usefull for objectives and ppl could do pretty much all recon archievements without beeing camping rats.

I miss my M417 with the 93R, putting a spawn beacon somewere to let my squad mates parachute into enemy Territory's.
    So awesome lol
    Post edited by HawkeyeAM47 on
  • TFBisquit
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SLRs are the only way to combat campers. More often that not the one complaining will be someone who got his head shot off while camping on the hill 500m away from any objective. As for close range, if you get outgunned by an SLR while wielding AR or SMG at close range, then you're either trash or that assault is skilled.

However, they are not used to combat campers. They are used in running&gunning.
    I agree on the movement idea, should be hindered when you're jumping and firing at the same time. That goes for support also btw. Not that I find it all too easy, but I see several players jumping and sprinting with those weapons, while firing like they are olympic athletes. In general your recoil and deviation should increase when moving and firing, for all classes.
  • stabbinhobo
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SLRs are the only way to combat campers. More often that not the one complaining will be someone who got his head shot off while camping on the hill 500m away from any objective. As for close range, if you get outgunned by an SLR while wielding AR or SMG at close range, then you're either trash or that assault is skilled.

^^ What the other guy said.. that you admit you can counter snipers at 500m with a DMR says it all.

As for close range.. LOL.. not. I've played plenty of both. Many times I've mowed down poor medics who clearly got the drop on me with the SMLE. Same experience with the Thompson as a medic.. open up on a guys back and he spins with M1A1 hip-fire and finishes me off. The assault DMR's need recoil and an overall nerf to boot. I'd love it if they gave every class the DMR's.... would totally thin the ranks of those insisting the DMR's were fine.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree.
  • danosta
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    They're stupid accurate and have almost no recoil. They outshoot machine guns and sniper rifles. They even outshoot assault rifles unless point blank. Why the hell full rifle caliber on such big rifles gives you no recoil what so ever? This is unrealistic, this is unbalanced, this is [removed]

Agree, all SAs need more recoil AND more bullet drop.
  • Hawxxeye
    4713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

^^ What the other guy said.. that you admit you can counter snipers at 500m with a DMR says it all.

As for close range.. LOL.. not. I've played plenty of both. Many times I've mowed down poor medics who clearly got the drop on me with the SMLE. Same experience with the Thompson as a medic.. open up on a guys back and he spins with M1A1 hip-fire and finishes me off. The assault DMR's need recoil and an overall nerf to boot. I'd love it if they gave every class the DMR's.... would totally thin the ranks of those insisting the DMR's were fine.
    Only action man enthusiasts defend them
  • VincentNZ
    2109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They need bloody Hrec and Spread increase per shot. Ah and relevant base spread.
  • drbobcat
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree with any and all changes to spread. DICE was trying to get away from random bullet deviation with BFV and has mostly succeeded. However, I do agree that SARs are too powerful at the moment (and/or recon SLRs are far too weak).

I think their rate of fire and lack of drop are the biggest issues. It doesn't make any sense that the assault class can so consistently outclass recons at their ideal ranges. DICE makes recon weapons suffer from exaggerated bullet drop and drag, so I do not see why assault players shouldn't suffer from the same issues if they're competing at similar ranges. Not rocket science.

To reiterate, though, I don't want them touching random bullet deviation whatsoever. In my opinion, there shouldn't be any RBD at all (aside from hipfire). Randomness inherently goes against the spirit of competition and that's something I'll never endorse, full stop. Increase recoil. Increase bullet drop. Decrease velocity. Even remove/modify optics. No RBD.
  • JediMastaWyn
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is every weapon has some sort of recoil reducing trinket. Making them all hyper accurate
  • full951
    2296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    are we talking semi auto semi auto or self loading rifles?
  • drbobcat
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    The problem is every weapon has some sort of recoil reducing trinket. Making them all hyper accurate

We've seen in patches that recoil reduction specializations can be toned down, so I don't see any issue with that being applied to any particularly strong SARs in this case. As for which are particularly problematic, I'd say that the G43 is too good at long range (though is fine otherwise, imho). Nerf its recoil/velocity/drag. The Turner and MAS are a 4 hit kill at long range and are okay (maybe an increase in recoil could occur, but nothing more is really necessary). The M1A1 and AG42 are annoying with their crazy rate of fire combined with excellent recoil, but they are statistically not that amazing compared to their similarly ranged competitors (ARs/LMGs). Maybe they too could take an increase to their recoil, but they're not really that bad at the ranges recons typically engage.

It seems far more unfair seeing just how -awful- the recon SLRs are. Compared to assault SARs, SLRs have way more recoil, way slower rate-of-fire, and smaller magazines. For what? What do SLRs get in exchange? Better alpha damage? In a game where TTK is everything, alpha damage is pointless. By the time a recon player can fire 2 rounds to kill an assault, said assault can fire 3-4 rounds and kill you. And for the particularly **** SLRs with a minimum damage <50, they drop to having among the worst TTK of any weapon in the game (almost as bed as SMGs). Why? These are weapons belonging to the definitive long-range class and, yet, here we are...

I think DICE is simply scared to give recons something that is perceived as too "noob friendly" (while, strangely enough, giving an excess of powerful weapons to assault. Go figure). We'll see if any of this changes down the line.
  • ghos7bear
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    are we talking semi auto semi auto or self loading rifles?
    Assault semi auto rifles.

And yes, I agree that spread needs to remain the same, its the reason why I didn't like BF1, guns don't shoot where you aim.
  • SirTerrible
    1483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    drbobcat wrote: »
    I disagree with any and all changes to spread. DICE was trying to get away from random bullet deviation with BFV and has mostly succeeded. However, I do agree that SARs are too powerful at the moment (and/or recon SLRs are far too weak).

I think their rate of fire and lack of drop are the biggest issues. It doesn't make any sense that the assault class can so consistently outclass recons at their ideal ranges. DICE makes recon weapons suffer from exaggerated bullet drop and drag, so I do not see why assault players shouldn't suffer from the same issues if they're competing at similar ranges. Not rocket science.

To reiterate, though, I don't want them touching random bullet deviation whatsoever. In my opinion, there shouldn't be any RBD at all (aside from hipfire). Randomness inherently goes against the spirit of competition and that's something I'll never endorse, full stop. Increase recoil. Increase bullet drop. Decrease velocity. Even remove/modify optics. No RBD.

All you had to do was pace your shots in BF1 and the spread would be more or less the same as it is in BFV. This whole random bullet deviation crap is such a manufactured problem. Spread increase per shot balanced the semi autos far better than recoil or drop off ever will and added another thing you had to manage, thus increasing the skill required to use a gun optimally, not decreasing it.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    Guys there is a much simpler solution to all of this... don't need to make huge/time consuming changes....

Simply remove the 3x scope on all kits except recon class.

This makes the necessary buffs and nerfs directly and indirectly across the board. Think about it.

I think iron sights should be more encouraged in this game anyways. 3x scopes are a HUGE advantage and are overused.