AA is OP again. Dmg vs light aircraft is way too high.

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    The baseline for AA damage should be that if a plane flies directly towards an AA that is aware and starts shooting at the right moment, the plane should die before it gets closer enough to drop bombs on the AA.
    If only that was true, that not likely to happen as some think those highly skilled pilots should not die quickly.

What pilot has said that attacking an AA with a plane while that AA is shooting at the plane should not die?
    I wonder the same.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are OP against ground vehicles outside of German mobile AA.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

Bombers, and especially the JU88, yes.
    Stukas with 1000 kg bombs, yes.
    Stukas with 37mm cannons not really though they do need some balancing.
    Mosquitos, not really.
    Fighters definitively not.
    Saying "planes are OP" is like saying "guns are OP" - Can we have some accuracy here and realize that there are different kinds of planes?
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

Bombers, and especially the JU88, yes.
    Stukas with 1000 kg bombs, yes.
    Stukas with 37mm cannons not really though they do need some balancing.
    Mosquitos, not really.
    Fighters definitively not.
    Saying "planes are OP" is like saying "guns are OP" - Can we have some accuracy here and realize that there are different kinds of planes?

I would but I don't fly, I just get nailed in my light tank so easy buy most of the above with 0 chance, it's not fun at all, and like many, very frustrating. Esp when you go to allied mobile aa and find it junk unless you want to farm infantry which I don't. Sorry if my first post was not accurate but I'm sure people in the know, know how broken it is right now.

It's a point I don't want to play on maps with planes unless I'm Germany.
  • SirBobdk
    3931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @MBT_Layzan wrote
    Even as pilot I do agree. The combination of the MAA + JU88 + B2 just out match the British in most ways.
  • MBT_Layzan
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @MBT_Layzan wrote
    Even as pilot I do agree. The combination of the MAA + JU88 + B2 just out match the British in most ways.

Yea, I didn't mean to be doing a blanket statement, it's just I loathe it when I'm allied forces on pazerstorm. I've tried so many things to tank it out under these conditions but gave in and went allied MAA to try and stop the domination today and found it very lacklustre. And get this, the pilots bitched about it! Even though at best I was dealing about 70% health to them.

They just shut down all ground vehicles if they know what they are doing and you can't do jack about it.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @MBT_Layzan wrote

Yea, I didn't mean to be doing a blanket statement, it's just I loathe it when I'm allied forces on pazerstorm. I've tried so many things to tank it out under these conditions but gave in and went allied MAA to try and stop the domination today and found it very lacklustre. And get this, the pilots bitched about it! Even though at best I was dealing about 70% health to them.

They just shut down all ground vehicles if they know what they are doing and you can't do jack about it.

The ground attack capabilities of the German bomber and the Stuka far outmatch those of the British counterparts. Before the most recent patch that was at least slightly balanced by the fact the the British Spitfire VA fighter is very good at taking out bombers and stukas even in the hands of an inexperienced pilot. But since the German MAA just deletes spitfires, they are no longer a danger....
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Maybe DICE should fix the towable AA so we have other viable options. as it is now they bounce and roll.

They're fine against fighters. What's the problem? You're supposed to stop when using it not when driving.

really? go unhitch it. you think shooting it while someone drives is a viable strategy?
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Maybe DICE should fix the towable AA so we have other viable options. as it is now they bounce and roll.

They're fine against fighters. What's the problem? You're supposed to stop when using it not when driving.
    No, it is not and against bombers it is near useless. But I don't think he is talking about that unattached AA still move I had one flip over back to upright 5m from where I placed it.

Yeah, it is. Get good. If a fighter flies straight to it it dies hard before it even reaches it. You want stationary AA to hit 30 dmg per shot and it shows. Get on and try it. My guess is you haven't even played since they released the patch on 1/29 and you don't even know they changed it.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmm. Stationary/pulled AA is fine. The flakpanzer is a monster and needs the upcoming patch because it's not fair how effective it is currently. Destroy a bomber in one pass? Too much, and I'm not even a pilot. The valentine AA is okay. It's very good with 3 barrels but it's not broken like the flakpanzer. I thoroughly enjoy using the AA tanks and will continue to use them both assuming they don't over-nerf the flakky.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmm. Stationary/pulled AA is fine. The flakpanzer is a monster and needs the upcoming patch because it's not fair how effective it is currently. Destroy a bomber in one pass? Too much, and I'm not even a pilot. The valentine AA is okay. It's very good with 3 barrels but it's not broken like the flakpanzer. I thoroughly enjoy using the AA tanks and will continue to use them both assuming they don't over-nerf the flakky.

Valentine is fine. Flakpanzer is confirmed broken (doing 2x more damage than usual) but personally I think it needs a slight range nerf too. Shouldn't be able to force planes in their out of bounds from flakpanzers uncap.
  • SirBobdk
    Interesting to see how flak panzer is after tomorrow patch.
    I find the Valentine quit fine. It deal a lot of damage, but as a pilot you have a chance of escaping and it does protect the area it's suppose to cover.
    Overall, if you get to close to the stationary AA or Valentine (And hopefully the flak panzer) as a fighter you get melted, but not across the half map. Bombers take some more damage, but they are also for the fighters to deal with. And the Bombers should deal with the SAA and MAA.
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The commentary here about AA being fine is laughable. The only reason pilots are saying it's fine is because it's near useless. It is absolutely impossible to shoot down a bomber with a stationary AA right now, even as an engineer who can fire longer (this too was shadow nerfed). Bombers and even some fighters are dive bombing me in AA in every single match I play, all done by different people.

When a pilot is brazen and nose dives directly at an AA, it means one thing. They do NOT fear dying by the AA in the engagement. When this is done by most pilots in game, it's because they have learned this through experience.

Right now in game you can not shoot down a bomber with a stationary AA unless it was first damaged by another plane. I am 1 shot literally every time I jump in a turret to take down a plane, REGARDLESS of the map.

Pilots are STILL dominating entire matches with 50+ kill streaks and few to no deaths.

It's broken, no one player should have the ability or influence to dominate like planes do.