Repair Tool - Should fix broken elements of vehicles

Singe1989
79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 11
This has happened to me quite a lot.

Would like to see the repair tool fix my broken turret or tracks, as whilst I am being repaired by a teammate I still have to repair myself for the turret and tracks. Seems a bit pointless really, I know you can’t fully heal yourself up to full health with self heal but it would make a squaded tank much more effective.

Maybe a support trait that fixes these elements?
Post edited by Singe1989 on

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    6334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It sounds more like an oversight if anything
  • ElliotLH
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was talking about this with a friend the other day while I was repairing him and would completely agree.
  • Singe1989
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It sounds more like an oversight if anything

I agree, don’t think it’s working as intended.
  • ElliotLH
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On the plus side I just realised (thanks random Reddit video) that you can kill people with the tool. Learn something new every day.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Singe1989 wrote: »
    This has happened to me quite a lot.

Would like to see the repair tool fix my broken turret or tracks, as whilst I am being repaired by a teammate I still have to repair myself for the turret and tracks. Seems a bit pointless really, I know you can’t fully heal yourself up to full health with self heal but it would make a squaded tank much more effective.

Maybe a support trait that fixes these elements?

I agree. If I have a support repairing my hitpoints, why can't they repair my tracks/turret?
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It should 100% fix disables, it’s ridiculous that it doesn’t!
  • Draccon149
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed!
  • Noodlesocks
    3146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

ElliotLH wrote: »
    On the plus side I just realised (thanks random Reddit video) that you can kill people with the tool. Learn something new every day.

Except enemy tanks for some reason.
  • M_Rat13
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Even though it did in previous games lol.

I will say someone should try and play by only getting kills with the repair tool now, would be interesting. As in someone less rubbish than me lol.
  • StealthAria
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe not the turret, but definitely the tracks and engine. Though I often find myself wishing armor couldn't roll off without me while I'm trying to fix it, really annoying when I'm trying to keep my cover and supporting arty up and it runs away right as another shell comes flying in.
  • Noodlesocks
    3146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On subject, the repair tool already repairs faster than the damage a tank can receive unless taking damage from numerous sources. If anything I'd say it could do with a nerf.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hammer should fix vehicles too.. even if at a slower rate.
  • Singe1989
    Maybe not the turret, but definitely the tracks and engine. Though I often find myself wishing armor couldn't roll off without me while I'm trying to fix it, really annoying when I'm trying to keep my cover and supporting arty up and it runs away right as another shell comes flying in.

It should fix all, as I would still have to self repair anyway which would repair all elements so it’s all or nothing really.
  • ElliotLH

Of course! That'd just be silly for it to do ;):D
  • ProAssassin2003
    3543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    No. I like hearing my Tank Screech and Grind and travel as slow as a Turtle in Mud.
  • drbobcat
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This does seem like an oversight. I don't really see an issue with this and, if they are particularly scared of changing things, they could just make it so that you cannot repair disabled modules until the vehicle has reached 100% HP. In other words, you heal the vehicle to full and continue to repair, only for another meter to pop up and display the progress on repairing a specific module. They then could establish an order of repairs from most-to-least important (with tracks/engine likely taking the top spot). The process repeats itself until the vehicle is free of disabled modules.

Well, that, or they could just show the same icon to the support player that they show to the driver (the little tank with treads, turret, and such). The red sections could disappear, one at a time, as you continue to use the repair tool. Hell, if they REALLY wanted to go crazy (and make me a happy camper), they could make it so that the support player has to go up to each damaged part with their torch. This could be rewarded with a big chunk of points (with any relevant squad bonuses).

I doubt any of this will happen, but a man can dream.
  • Singe1989
    drbobcat wrote: »
    This does seem like an oversight. I don't really see an issue with this and, if they are particularly scared of changing things, they could just make it so that you cannot repair disabled modules until the vehicle has reached 100% HP. In other words, you heal the vehicle to full and continue to repair, only for another meter to pop up and display the progress on repairing a specific module. They then could establish an order of repairs from most-to-least important (with tracks/engine likely taking the top spot). The process repeats itself until the vehicle is free of disabled modules.

Well, that, or they could just show the same icon to the support player that they show to the driver (the little tank with treads, turret, and such). The red sections could disappear, one at a time, as you continue to use the repair tool. Hell, if they REALLY wanted to go crazy (and make me a happy camper), they could make it so that the support player has to go up to each damaged part with their torch. This could be rewarded with a big chunk of points (with any relevant squad bonuses).

I doubt any of this will happen, but a man can dream.

Haha yes I do like them ideas though, especially the individual part repair. Maybe too technical for some folk.

I think the 100hp and then repair the elements is a good idea and quite fair.
  • maskedocelot
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That makes sense to me.
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Completely agree and I think it's a major bug which DICE missed and didn't fix. It's supposed to be teamwork
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    the repair tool is sad in BFV it can't kill or damage enemy vehciels. it can't even fix what it was alway able to fix in past titles

didn't it used to disarm enemy mines to? definitely not in bfv