Why do so many guns in this game have literally no recoil or spread at all?

0SiGHT0
455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Comments

• herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because BFV Takes more Skill. Lol
  • GrizzGolf
    963 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »

I thought all guns had some kind of recoil?
  • jlayton1982
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »

I thought they all recoiled and kicked in a certain direction to give some form of deviation.

The skill then being to learn how the gun kicks to control it.
  • Hawxxeye
    5347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »

I thought they all recoiled and kicked in a certain direction to give some form of deviation.

The skill then being to learn how the gun kicks to control it.
    however the good guns kill people before the recoil becomes a factor
  • full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    because you're on such a level that you perceive no recoil from years of battlefield pwnage
  • Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11

Have you ever tried a MMG, like the MG42?
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/177008/support-mmg-is-now-nerfed-back-to-the-stone-age-in-bf5#latest

All the spread and recoil was given to the Support class when they nerfed the class back to the stone age.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you don't counter the muzzle climb, they do have recoil. Recoil is just easier to counter in BF5, and I find the gun play to be much more enjoyable too tell you the truth.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I’m guessing you play on PC, because on console that is not the case.

And unfortunately, for the most part, they do not balance PC and console separately. If they did I think everyone would enjoy the game much more.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    l_water_l wrote: »

And unfortunately, for the most part, they do not balance PC and console separately. If they did I think everyone would enjoy the game much more.

Actually consoles have 0.75 recoil multiplier, meaning guns have 25% less recoil compared to PC. + They have aimbot, excuse me, "Aim assist"
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The answer is, they wanted to make the game COD with bigger maps. They been wanting to do that for awhile. Dice LA (formerly Danger Close games) tried that with Medal of Honor. We all know the results of that.

The fact is, Infinite Warfail had many defectors that came here, and their vision of the game coincided with DICE, with the no recoil, fast ttk and smaller maps, and the classic and succesful BF's we know and love, now gone. We are now seeing the result of those ill advised decisions.
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    l_water_l wrote: »

I have been ranting about that since TTK 2.0 on BF1. What works on console often OFTEN(not directed at you) does not work on PC and vice versa. It is the root cause of I would guess as much as half the arguements on this forum.
  • M_Rat13
    914 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    The short answer is because the random spread deviation featured in BF1 was loathed by a large portion of the community (including many people on this forum).

Pretty much this. People never liked spread, mostly because they lacked the knowledge of how it worked and how extensive it was. It was a welcome scapegoat, too: "Oh I got killed because of suppression." "I lost to that guy because of spread, this is such a noob crutch." "Spread makes my bullets come out at a 90° angle." Then BF1 happened with genius ideas like First Shot spread multiplier and negative spread, where everyone could suddenly see and feel the effects. This is why they removed it regardless, of it being beneficial to the game.
    To be fair though base spread is still in the game, it is just irrelevant in most cases. What really is missing is SIPS, that is the reason why the semi-autos are so dominant, paired with them having no h-rec. A really genius idea, when you do not have to pace your shots.
    BF3+4 system was definitely better and more balanced for the average player.

Bf3+4 were so balanced, ARs could out shoot sniper rifles, lol.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    +1

I'd also like to add: WHERE IS THE SWAY??!?!?! It cant be felt.

The gunmechanics in this game are baby-easymode. It's so boring!