Which Assualt DMR should I try next?

M_Rat13
389 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
The only one I've tried is the M1A1 carbine, which plays more like an AR anyway, that I can safely say I haven't really played Assualt DMRs yet, but would like to just to see what all the fuss is about.

Of course, I could just pick one at randomn, but I'm lazy, and this is more fun as people fight to win me over into picking a specific gun.

Let the battle commence.

Comments

• Desyatnik_Pansy
    1202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally my two favourites are the Ag m/42 and MAS 44. Mind you, the m/42 is basically an M1A1 Without the large magazine and I think 2-hit headshots instead of 3, while the MAS Is similarly a Turner SMLE Without the large mag option.
  • stabbinhobo
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They are all good.. not a bad one in the lot.
  • KingsportCowboy
    156 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the MAS. No particular reason, it just feels familiar.
  • M_Rat13
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally my two favourites are the Ag m/42 and MAS 44. Mind you, the m/42 is basically an M1A1 Without the large magazine and I think 2-hit headshots instead of 3, while the MAS Is similarly a Turner SMLE Without the large mag option.

And the m/42 is probably more accurate. Either that or I'm bad with the M1A1. I've just seen M/42 players achieve much longer shots than I can with the M1A1.

Also, I'd have to buy either of these with CC, as I didn't unlock them when they were first released. So, first the bug that means they don't show up has to be fixed, then I'd have to invest CC for them. I do have the CC, but it's something to bear in mind over other weapons.
  • M_Rat13

So you see my problem with deciding?
  • atrediese
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the G43 the best.
  • GrizzGolf
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish the medic had those weapons
  • EvilGoat_51
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Selbstlader 1916 is my personally favorite.
  • AwfulMcBad
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the Gewehr 1-5, it has the biggest magazine out of all the SARs and a pretty high ROF. The recoil is minimal.
  • Been swapping between the Turner and the MAS lately and somehow the MAS seems more efficient/easier to kill with.
    Probably the better control stat. In saying that the Turner has better hip fire and a 20 round mag so can potentially get one out of trouble in those tight spots.

The 1916 and 1-5 rock as well tho.
    So in summary.. Ummmm lol
    Just try em all I guess... One will just feel right/suit ya playstyle
  • naitch44
    664 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The G43 is the best gun in the game so go with that.
  • M_Rat13
    Been swapping between the Turner and the MAS lately and somehow the MAS seems more efficient/easier to kill with.
    Probably the better control stat. In saying that the Turner has better hip fire and a 20 round mag so can potentially get one out of trouble in those tight spots.

The 1916 and 1-5 rock as well tho.
    So in summary.. Ummmm lol
    Just try em all I guess... One will just feel right/suit ya playstyle

Well it sounds to me, is that if it has 360 rpm ROF, it's good. At least, those are the ones you like.
  • Sixclicks
    4869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The G43, the best "sniper rifle" in the game. It's 3 hit kill at all ranges, a 2 hit kill with at least one headshot at all ranges, very easy to control recoil, and one of the fastest bullet velocities in the game. It's actually got a faster muzzle velocity than any of the bolt actions.
  • M_Rat13
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The G43, the best "sniper rifle" in the game. It's 3 hit kill at all ranges, a 2 hit kill with at least one headshot at all ranges, very easy to control recoil, and one of the fastest bullet velocities in the game. It's actually got a faster muzzle velocity than any of the bolt actions.

Well also, it appears to have no competition, sort of.

See, as far as I've noticed, the 360 rpm rifles, the Mas, Turner and G1-5, are pretty similar, and come down to personal preference.

The only gun that comes close to the G43, is the Seb 1916.

In bf1, the Modragon fit it where the G43 is now, but, for some reason, everyone picked the Seb 1916 instead. In this game, it appears the tables have turned lol. Obviously I know stock the G43 has 300 rpm compared to the Modragon 257 rpm, while the Seb still has 224. But, upgraded, it can have a faster ROF to bring it back in line with the G43. Still slower, but comparable to how slow it was to the Mondragon, which was only a little.

I find it strangely amusing.
  • ElliotLH
    4909 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be a parrot: Gewehr 1-5, G43 and the Turner SMLE should all be good choices.
  • sirghislandi
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I just love that gun, the sound is just the cherry on the top of the cake for me, lol.

I also been using the Gewehr 1-5 but that might be ruined relatively soon..
  • PrairieGeek
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I just love that gun, the sound is just the cherry on the top of the cake for me, lol.

Ha ha ha, I love the Selb, and with the bi-pod spec you just became a support and sniper worst nightmare. Not that I camp with it but but you can really ruin a hill humper's day with the selb
  • EvilGoat_51
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It does sound nice. I have it with the Blued stock and handguard with everything else Night Owl.

G1-5 is a good choice as well. I like it on medium range maps.
  • M_Rat13

Ha ha ha, I love the Selb, and with the bi-pod spec you just became a support and sniper worst nightmare. Not that I camp with it but but you can really ruin a hill humper's day with the selb

Aren't hill humpers the ones that use bipods?
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

So you see my problem with deciding?

Sounds like a good problem too have. :smile: