Another reason battlefeild V failed.

2»

Comments

• sloopyfish
    35 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Beta for £80, not worth it.

I like the game and you all have great points.
    I just want more maps, 4 months and not a damn map forget the tank map because that was a fail in it self.

So much crap they mess up and still say this stuff happens. Yes it does but not on a level that battlefield does it at. Fail after fail

Give us maps!!
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Like I said, you personally and subjectively disliking the effect the changes and additions have on the game does not negate that these things are either flat out new or changed in a way that will significantly effect how the game is played.

Changing Like removing, moving or change a number) is NOT new ...

And the things that are new have little to no influence or don't match the other elements.

Lol you're delusional. Squad revives, fortifications, combat roles, 360 degree prone, ledge grabbing - those are all completely new things to Battlefield that immensely effect gameplay. They allow you to do things you'd otherwise never be able to do in past BF games, like revive a teammate when you're playing Recon, or sit prone in your back in a corner watching a doorway or lane in an obj, or prevent yourself from a falling death by grabbing a ledge, or use different roles to cater your entire class to a specific playstyle, or build an entrenched stationary machine-gun position as support where one otherwise wouldn't be, etc.

Those are new things that have a vast and widely discussed effect on gameplay we had yet to see in a BF title. Again, just because YOU don't enjoy the effect those things have on gameplay doesn't mean theyre not new, innovative in comparison to the rest of the franchise, and blatantly change up BF gameplay compared to the past.

Your personal dislike of something does not dictate its objective effect on the game.
  • Broliszibaila
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    Behemoths were a stupid gimmick that allowed some trashy players get some cheap kills. They were generally useless and majority of them were wasted by people who had no idea what to do with them. With over 1300 hours in BF1, I only saw a handful of games where behemoths would actually change the flow of the game.

Meybe its time to crawl out of cave and start to see more? Instead repeating ,,gimmick''? These Behemoths gived more fun to the game and more choices for players - more choices more fun. I was always enjoying to attack ship or train with Heavy bomber airplane and throwing bombs from maximum height...Or placing mines on the railroads... These gimmicks made great game.

While BF5 has nothing to offer...Thats strange because its WW2 and possibilities could be insane. Devs were and are lazy, and sadly, big part of community has really low standarts for their own games.

Bought BF5 for 30 euros, played about 20 hours and got bored. BF5 not even worth 30 euros. It has nothing to offer to player! No immersion, no interesting stuff, it doesnt feel like im playing game about WW2.

Gimmicks....I call this as tunnel vision for people like you.
  • sasqch10
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do love how fan boys blame people that purchased the game also for wanting/expecting it to be good... This game is broken. Maybe it can be fixed, maybe not but quit excusing EA/Dice. They sold it at full price all while advertising many things that still haven’t arrived or been fixed.
  • tempo_rarity
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ " still haven't arrived or been fixed"
    I like that you included this part .
    Good on you!

How many of you knew that the PIAT can be used like a Mortar?
    Until Saturday I didn't know . I haven't even Unlocked it yet but WooHoo! anyway .
    The Game is SO new that the vast majority of its Players DON'T KNOW this yet :lol:
    . . . You're Welcome .

EA is definitely guilty of underestimating the 'I Want It NOW' levels of impatience and negativity currently poisoning the Forum .
    I wasn't around in 4's opening heyday but I imagine it was exactly like this non-stop plop that I can't seem to escape around here these days.

We ought to have a naming contest for that massive new river that all of these tears have created . . .
    . . ah but then even that's a form of negativity too , so-o , nix that notion :smile:
  • Redstripe101
    1833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths were a stupid gimmick that allowed some trashy players get some cheap kills. They were generally useless and majority of them were wasted by people who had no idea what to do with them. With over 1300 hours in BF1, I only saw a handful of games where behemoths would actually change the flow of the game.

its not about the gimmick, its about innovation. bf 4 had levelution, useless but was still a new thing they tried bringing. they had commander mode too, what's bf 5 have? better visuals, thats it
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ''We ought to have a naming contest for that massive new river that all of these tears have created . . .''

You mean the tears of the EA stockholders? lol

• Agente_Silva
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

its not about the gimmick, its about innovation. bf 4 had levelution, useless but was still a new thing they tried bringing. they had commander mode too, what's bf 5 have? better visuals, thats it

Levolution was not useless:

In Shangai, if you bring skyscrapper down, who owns the C flag can´t parachute to E; D; B; A. And that you can bet, can win you a round..

In FloodZone, if you bring the wall down and flood the map, APCs will get restricted almost only to the highway. It also slows down movements from each end to the center of the map.

In Dawnbreaker... ... it´s almost useless xD

In Operation Locker allows to cap flag below charlie...

Lancang Dam... ... absolutely useless I think (?)

In Rogue Transmission gives way more cover to cap C flag and removes the craddle of campers above the antenna :)

To everyone not liking/hating BFV... everything you see now is being sponsored with YOUR MONEY. You saw it coming and still threw money at it... have fun now!
  • NLBartmaN
    2347 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Lol you're delusional. Squad revives, fortifications, combat roles, 360 degree prone, ledge grabbing - those are all completely new things to Battlefield that immensely effect gameplay. They allow you to do things you'd otherwise never be able to do in past BF games, like revive a teammate when you're playing Recon, or sit prone in your back in a corner watching a doorway or lane in an obj, or prevent yourself from a falling death by grabbing a ledge, or use different roles to cater your entire class to a specific playstyle, or build an entrenched stationary machine-gun position as support where one otherwise wouldn't be, etc.

Those are new things that have a vast and widely discussed effect on gameplay we had yet to see in a BF title. Again, just because YOU don't enjoy the effect those things have on gameplay doesn't mean theyre not new, innovative in comparison to the rest of the franchise, and blatantly change up BF gameplay compared to the past.

Your personal dislike of something does not dictate its objective effect on the game.

Same answer, all you are mentioning is:

And the things that are new have little to no influence OR don't match the other elements (like insane long buggy animations in combination withf very fast TTK, laser accurate weapons and running insane fast)
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same answer, all you are mentioning is:

And the things that are new have little to no influence OR don't match the other elements (like insane long buggy animations in combination withf very fast TTK, laser accurate weapons and running insane fast)

And what part of those things I listed in my most previous comment are not new features or are just changed?

Sorry, but the things I listed have a blatant effect on gameplay. They blatantly allow instances to happen that wouldn't have been possible in past BF games, and are features that are regularly used in every match of BF5 you'll find yourself in.

Sorry, but for the fourth time - you disliking something, like a revive animation taking longer than it takes a weapon to kill someone, does not negate that it is a new, innovative feature that effects gameplay. Those animations require you to think and play smarter than past games, there's no more instantaneous gratification when it comes to things like reviving, entering vehicles, etc as a cop out - now when you want revive and the dead teammate is out in the open, you actually have to put thinking power into reviving or else pay the price by dying in the middle of the animation.

How much more clear can it be said - you disliking something does not magically negate the fact those things are new or innovative in regards to the BF franchise. Your like or dislike does not dictate whether something is new, innovative, effects gameplay, etc.
  • NLBartmaN

And what part of those things I listed in my most previous comment are not new features or are just changed?

One simple example: squad revives, nothing more than allowing different classes and players to do something that couldalready be done in previous BF's, nothing new.

Gameplay is indeed different, it has effect: more simple, campy, less divers, boring, predictable, annoying, buggy and has elements that don't match.

There is a reason why they don't show player numbers ...
  • Loqtrall

One simple example: squad revives, nothing more than allowing different classes and players to do something that couldalready be done in previous BF's, nothing new.

Gameplay is indeed different, it has effect: more simple, campy, less divers, boring, predictable, annoying, buggy and has elements that don't match.

It's a brand new feature to other classes that functions differently than reviving in any other game, it's impact on gameplay is immense, and it's contribution to squad cohesion is unparalleled to any changes to the squad system in the past.
  • NLBartmaN

It's a brand new feature to other classes that functions differently than reviving in any other game, it's impact on gameplay is immense, and it's contribution to squad cohesion is unparalleled to any changes to the squad system in the past.

It is NOT new ... or impressive ...

And still solo players don't play like a squad, but players that know eachother and are in a voice party have even a more huge advantage on the 90% players that don't have that .. it made the game worse ...
  • spartanx169x
    518 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You left out slow. Most of the changes have slowed the pace of the game at times to a crawl.

I have concluded that this is the main reason why people say the game is not fun. Example the attrition system- spawn in on a teammate you have low ammo which either causes you to die, or scavenge which takes you away from the action. Even if you get kills it’s almost standard to top off the ammo and health before looking for the next fight. Again slowing you down. The fast TTK has made most people cautious so they move slower they take objectives slower etc., again slowing the game down dying at the bleed screen slows you down. It is small stuff like this that all adds up and keeps players out of the action. That is why people complain it’s not fun and I would bet it’s a big contribution to why people quit playing.
  • Dreatlan
    5 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think BF V's issues go well beyond what is discussed in this forum. I created my own post regarding this. You can read that here if you wish

Short version is they didn't have a plan going in as far as I can tell. They wanted this to have either some element of team work, or full on team work. That is not the case with this game

I can talk about some thing that go beyond my post such as balance issue. Let me start with Fortifications. What is the point of them if it only takes 1 Assault to blow it up? Then you have to factor in friendlies too. Tanks ram my fortifications daily with no care. Some do it in spite (admitting it in chat)

I think the way to fix Fortifications and Vehicles in General is remove all AT weapons, and Fortification destroying devices from current classes. Make a new class and call it whatever.. "Anti Tank" or something. This class will have a Panzerschreck, M20 "Super Bazooka", Boys Anti Tank Rifle, or a Recoiless Rifle as the main weapon. Secondary will be a carbine of some sort such as the M1A1. Grenades will be Sticky or Bundled Anti Tank. Not sure on Gadgets quite yet. The point of this is to give BF V a class that can refill the rockets based on Ammo Packs given from Support.. Allowing it to take care of Tanks from a distance, and with a lot more damage than currently available Weapons or Gadgets

That would ensure that there is only 1 threat to either Fortifications or Vehicles. Perhaps if a limit on how many classes were allowed to be in a map, that could help further

Moving on to Medic, and Support now. People keep saying Medic is underpowered. I think the SMG's are fine. The real issue is lack of weapon choice. I did look as far back as the beta years. I noticed online and in Patch Notes that Medic at one point did have a Gewehr 43. I am not a fan of the idea but, I think other weapons could be looked in to. The M1A1 Carbine did have other versions such as the M2. M2 had full auto. Perhaps that could be a starting point for Medics? Look at weapons like the M2? That should give them a weapon with a little more range than their SMG's

As for Support.. This classes main issue is how many Semi Autos are in the game. This class is reliant on fast firing weapons but, they won't win against Semi Auto, or low recoil. Gewehr 43 takes 3 hits to kill you, ZH-29 is 2, and the Auto 8 or whatever is 3. It varies on the situation but, it can take as many as 10 bullets from the FG 42 to kill someone

Classes like Assault and Medic get Full Auto weapons with minimal or no recoil at all. The only weapon Support has to match high RPM on the go is the FG 42. It has too much recoil to respond to a threat like that effectively. At that point you would need your MG 42 but, odds are you are dead before you can go prone and get the shots in as it isn't as accurate

This is a problem for more than just the Support but, the "bunny hoppers" are unreal. There should be a cool down on jumping to prevent this

I can keep going but, I believe my point is made. This is a hot mess and EA should of done better
  • parkingbrake
    1918 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    See the problem here? No innovation. What ever people’s opinions are, battlefield 1 had more innovation then this game.

We have more powerful consoles and PC’s. Why can’t we drive a Maus or even better, a P. 1000 Ratte?

It’s clear the game is not historically accurate. So why not make it a blast. Use WW2 weapons everyone wants to see. Not just the V1 rocket.

Battlefield V is dying, and dice is just watching. Giving it a couple meds here and there.
    The problem isn't a lack of silly cartoonish vehicles (fictional ones at that), the problem is a series of bugs and technical issues and poor design choices which detract from the enjoyment of the game. Stuff like collapsing skyscrapers or giant sharks are amusing, briefly, but in the long run we stick with a game that runs well and is fun to play--gimmicks don't have staying power. I want DICE working on fixing the network performance, making hack use a far riskier activity, fixing bugs, making the UI less annoying, and bringing in new maps and weapons which actually saw combat in WWII. If and when they get all that done, then they can think about adding nonsense like giant tanks which never saw combat.
  • Ciza211
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Like I said, you personally and subjectively disliking the effect the changes and additions have on the game does not negate that these things are either flat out new or changed in a way that will significantly effect how the game is played.

And the things that are new have little to no influence or don't match the other elements.

Combat roles? :D :D Nice joke. However, no one change it. All use one and the same because the other role is useless. Combat roles in BFV is totally fail. Remember BF 2 or any olders BFs. This game had COMBAT ROLES in BATTLEgROUND ! .