Stop pushing tides of war and smaller maps or modes until the cheating is resolved.

Splinterfuzz
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
There is no question that there is a big problem with cheaters in BFV, you need only spectate multiple games over the course of an hour or less to find this to be true.... So why is EA/DICE pushing tides of war weekly and with small maps and modes during this problem, it only makes the cheating issue even more painful as the impact rises with smaller maps and modes. I really urge that EA/DICE withdraw from this pattern until they resolve the cheating problem, a problem that most people could have resolved two months ago. It's not hard, just put a GM at a desk and have them spectate and investigate suspect players, spectating regularly shows blatant cheating and in some cases multiple cheaters in one squad in the same clan. EA can you honestly tell the community that you can't pay one or more people to do something so simple, I doubt it would cost that much to hire two part timers for two different shifts to act as anti-cheat for an entire region and be successful. At the rate EA is going on this one it wouldn't shock me if someone started a class action or standard civil lawsuit over it.

Comments

• Sprinkles298
    394 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want them to stop pushing smaller maps.
    Battlefield Conquest literally says "Massive all out war" and when the map can be easily traversed from spawn to spawn by foot in under 2 minutes, it's not big enough.
    Currently: Devastation and Fjell are the only ones that don't fit that qualification. But I like Fjell and feel like it doesn't need vehicles so it doesn't have it. But Devastation needs vehicles and barely has it.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    They are both becoming sniper farms. I think the spotting scope should be removed.

Cheating? Every player with a death to kill ratio under 10% should be audited. I.E. KD of 50/5.
  • Dynamyte71
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played Frontline for the first time today and since it’s single objective centric there was nearly everyone in the server just laying on their back in the prone lol.
    Not for me...just not for me [smh]
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they should really stop pushing game modes in general. most of the game modes play terribly bad in bf5.
  • Flak88_Achtung
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im convinced this game is a trusted client server setup. If it was not a trusted client you could not have tanks killing other tanks with a single shot or planes killing other planes in 1 second. The server has to be checking very little to allow hackers to modify their damage model. Aimbots and wallhacks are one thing. Even strict server side checks can miss those. But missing damage modifiers is something that even a server side untrusted client would reject with no anti cheat at all.

Server trust the client for way too much.
  • VoltAmps
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    you don have to follow the tides of war, nobody is forcing anything on you, you just like to find a reason to cry about something

• TFBisquit
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like frontlines, but I'll play it, just like breakthrough and squad conquest. Until it's finished that is. Breakthrough was soso, could find myself playing that occasionally, but 8x8 is not enough players in my book, and frontlines is just meh.
  • RabbidWallaby
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not allowed to add to this conversation or I'll get banned again.
  • Sprinkles298
    394 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Then why say anything at all?
  • Sprinkles298
    BooGeeLEE wrote: »
    you don have to follow the tides of war, nobody is forcing anything on you, you just like to find a reason to cry about something

Currently it's the only way to unlock certain weapons, some of them are more fun or pretty top tier. So like, you kinda gotta play TOW if you want them. The SMG that was unlocked a few weeks ago? That gun is top tier. It's network packages are pretty bad too. Getting killed via body shots with it in under .2 seconds isn't fun. Doesn't help it has little recoil, a bipod, and somewhat high damage for an SMG.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    10835 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Dont violate the rules and you wont.

This includes discussing moderation ( which you are aware of )
  • TFBisquit
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Currently it's the only way to unlock certain weapons, some of them are more fun or pretty top tier. So like, you kinda gotta play TOW if you want them. The SMG that was unlocked a few weeks ago? That gun is top tier. It's network packages are pretty bad too. Getting killed via body shots with it in under .2 seconds isn't fun. Doesn't help it has little recoil, a bipod, and somewhat high damage for an SMG.

Am I the only one that finds this weapon mediocre?
  • Dynamyte71
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    I still laugh at how different this game mode makes players play. There are so many laying in the prone around one objective that at times I thought I was walking into a yoga class.
    Post edited by Dynamyte71 on
  • Sprinkles298
    TFBisquit wrote: »

Am I the only one that finds this weapon mediocre?

Apparently.
    It's nothing new that every new weapon that gets added has the same TTD issues as the Sten/MP40. But this gun does enough damage that it's a 2 shot headshot, has a bipod, shoots slow enough the recoil is manageable while moving, and has clearer iron sights than most other SMGs.
  • Dynamyte71
    I am going to be honest. I have never really played any other game mode than conquest.
    Here is the reason why. Conquest is 64 players spread over multiple yet equally important objectives simultaneously. Cheaters have less of an impact in the outcome of a match than any other game mode...end of story.
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is no question that there is a big problem with cheaters in BFV, you need only spectate multiple games over the course of an hour or less to find this to be true.... So why is EA/DICE pushing tides of war weekly and with small maps and modes during this problem, it only makes the cheating issue even more painful as the impact rises with smaller maps and modes. I really urge that EA/DICE withdraw from this pattern until they resolve the cheating problem, a problem that most people could have resolved two months ago. It's not hard, just put a GM at a desk and have them spectate and investigate suspect players, spectating regularly shows blatant cheating and in some cases multiple cheaters in one squad in the same clan. EA can you honestly tell the community that you can't pay one or more people to do something so simple, I doubt it would cost that much to hire two part timers for two different shifts to act as anti-cheat for an entire region and be successful. At the rate EA is going on this one it wouldn't shock me if someone started a class action or standard civil lawsuit over it.

Absolutely. The game is the worst i've played for cheating. I avoided PUBG as i read it was mostly cheats then they at least cleaned that up a bit. EA_Dice have failed totally on anti cheat. They are asleep at the wheel and driving this game into a ditch Might as well stop with any further content updates as it will be pointless. The game will be dead in 2 months. Failure after failure. A shame as lots of work gone into the game but the anti cheat dept has let the entire franchise down. Shame on Dice. I won't touch a game with their name on it again.