DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• wontonbob
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 is very toxic. I don't remember this many cheaters before custom/admin controlled servers. You guys realize that boatloads of people left COD for going to matchmaking and taking away custom/admin controlled servers don't you? Seems like you are making the same mistake.

Customers vote with their pocket books, and if you allow this rampant hackathon to continue, you will continue to see a decline of the game and the franchise. For me, I'm happy to move along, but saddened as BF was my jam for many good years.

You also realize cheaters breed cheaters right? Some people who feel like you are doing nothing will go buy hacks to even the playing field, making the problem far worse. Bottom line this should have been addressed before launch. If you plan on addressing it now, you should be open and transparent on the details so the public can see your action.
  • India51A
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TBH, I cannot see how banning people based on them being reported will work. I have seen hundreds of kiddies saying in chat, "I have reported xxxxx. Some of these people are reporting 5 or 6 people every game, it's laughable, but in another way, it's ridiculous. I can see many people getting banned just because they killed someone several times, or has a particularly high score because they are using a properly setup Lewis gun, sitting back from the main action and picking people off at will.

I hope that hackers can be spotted and banned, but I don't think relying on reported players being cheaters is foolproof.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @MachoFantast1c0

I have removed your post as this is bait and as such not permitted, Let's keep it constructive and without baiting ( or berating ) others.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @MachoFantast1c0

I have removed your post as this is bait and as such not permitted, Let's keep it constructive and without baiting ( or berating ) others.

Sorry I got carried away.
  • SpitWad101
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We know that you want to fix the cheating problem, but we can see why people feel as if you are just blowing smoke, when someone puts days into proving a cheater sends you the information gets no response, then feels the only way to get that person exposed is to name there gamer title, you forum ban the person exposing them. Take for instance the #1 psn stats player proven with out a doubt to be stat boosting, cheating and destroying tens of thousands of other player's in game experiance known by everyone now, and there he sits at number 1 still.
  • Sk1lld
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Take note, this is how you protect your intellectual property. If you really are serious you'll pay heed.
    https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/gta-v-cheat-tool-developer-must-pay-150000-to-take-two.html
  • AlgrenBG
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One idea from me. Make a Anticheat client which is able to detect any process messing with game client. Lineage 2 use one of such kind. When messing detect player have been kicked with lvl 1 ban (1 week). On 3 attempt he get perma ban without explain. When player try to inject some dll's to anticheat process he could not start the game client - some kind of encapsulating daemon.
  • PrezMtDewCamacho
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    Btw, why is there so strict rules against calling out cheaters anyway?

If a player is obviously cheating, why is it part of EA's rules to keep it secret?

1) Many more would be encouraged to hack if their name were to end up " in the lights". EA probably wants to keep a cap on how many people know which exploits work and how.

2) 90%+ of hackusations are just people who are mad about getting killed by better players. It's a huge waste of time and effort, can drive good gamers away, and facilitate cry-bullying.
  • PrezMtDewCamacho
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Noromiz wrote: »
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    To do list:
    - in game few clicks report method. Also If cheating player gets for example 20 reports from 64 playing on that server ppl, he should be kicked from server and notification sended to EA\DICE support crew;
    - maximum cruel panishment for cheaters, i mean origin account ban;

On only issue with that is that one team could technically remove the best players on the opposing team, though that could easily be solved by saying people from both teams should report him.

That would simply support a troll mob environment where anyone could get banned.
  • Sky_Sweeper0218
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had a guy on PC ASKING for people to report him. he'd apparently been cheating for 3 weeks and knows nothing is done on weekends for cheating. His score collaborated he was using some form of hacking tool, if not more than one. I sadly hit the wrong button before leaving the match, so I didn't capture the chat, but he said he was hacking specifically to **** people off and promote others using hacking tools.

Dice, something needs to be done about the Origin report system. it needs to do something more. 3 weeks is just asinine.
  • Bolly_GB
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    I've seen a couple of Youtube BFV content makers that have shown spectated clips of those blatant douchebags spraying their LMG and killing everything whilst racking up outrageous kills in an unrealistic time. I've encountered one in game myself. An algorithm that spots this behaviour and automatically kicks them would be a good quick win.

Also, I've seen one content maker explain that the cheaters are using stolen EA account credentials and a way to ensure your account doesn't get compromised is to add 2 factor authentication (via SMS, Email, etc) which is already available in our Origin accounts. I have activated this (I didn't remember it was available). How about making this mandatory? It takes 2 mins to activate and you only need to do it once on your main rig and it will only ask you again if you change hardware or devices.

The casual cheaters and those who hide their behaviour well need to be combated also. The hard thing to understand is that players are aware certain hacks exists and that there is the FairFight Anti Cheat running, yet seemingly we see players executing these known hacks still and it is up to us to report them, rather than seeing them ejected from the server during the game.

It would be nice to see those "Fairefight has banned x amount of players in the past 24 hrs / 1 week" in BFV to provide some community confidence and reduce hackusations when weird game mechanics or highly skilled players are the real cause.

Cheers.

p.s. I am not a skilled player, so if I kill you and you call "BS!" I can assure you that it is definitely weird game mechanics / luck, rather than skill or hacks.
  • Soviatus
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only just watched JackFrags' video on cheaters in BFV about a week ago. Now it seems every round I jump into someone is using aimbot or damage multiplier. It's making it tedious to play at all. I had a solid round earlier of Grand Operations. Second round starts and two aimbotters join together on the opposing team.
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    @Braddock512 just tell us if February update will include anticheat system. Personally I do not see any messages in chat from Anticheat program as we had in previous game. Perfect example: Rainbow Six Siege which showed probably 1 ban per 30 minutes and the reason why this person was banned. The amount of cheaters is enormous in BFV. I'm telling you as a skilled person who play games since 5 years old and now 36. I smell skilled people and cheaters. I report 1-2 persons for 1 evening by playing BFV. This is not normal what we have with BFV situation

Constructive feedback:
    -1 thing which I miss as in BF3\4 is the ability to click on profile in Score Tab and see Origin profile to be reported. Sure not with mouse it's understandable as it can create a blocker for gameplay, but having to select profiles by tapping Up\Down arrows and Enter button would be great way. Having only at the end of the round is not a good point
  • nicey1958
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well whatever you are doing now isn't enough. I voted with my wallet and no longer subscribe to a cheat infested game, and yes, it is infested. There should be a modified file check on ever client. It might take a few seconds longer to join a game, but at least that would be a start. how hard could it be. Punkbuster did it, and to my knowledge, no innocent People were banned. back in early BF days. Maybe one day I'll play again after being away from BF series for the last x number of year. As it stands now, BFV leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
  • Integer0verload
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    And several recent games I have had issues with ghost players. I have also seen some videos of this online. People will have multiple PC or console setup and join ghost accounts to the opposite team. They do this to cheat in the following ways.
    1.) reduce the players against them
    2.) kill the ghost player and take the weapon so they get any weapon they want out of class
    3.) Grab the opposing team's vehicles and then instantly destroy them or just sit in them.
    4.) See every player on the map on a second screen
    5.) Jump to the winning team to boost their stats.
    6.) Get around the anti cheat in a very simple manner

My suggestions would be to
    1.) Only allow 1 player in the game per public IP
    2.) If bumping players that share a public IP in the same game is an issue then have an inactivity timer of like 2 minutes. If two players share the same IP and they do not deploy within 2 minutes or deploy and do not move for 2 minutes then bump them from the game.
    3.) Dump accounts that have 20-30 hours of gameplay and only one kill or no kills. Or who have only been killed one or two times during each match and have no kills.

I understand you guys don't want to discourage lan parties and stuff like that where a group of people may be sharing the same public IP but there are still ways to bump these ghost players from the game.

Thanks for your time
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would be si appreciated if DICE worked with Easy Anti Cheat guys and put their anticheat system
  • RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    I would love to see a return to rented servers like in bf3 and bf4, where server owners could actually take measures against cheaters themselves. I miss BFDB.

Rented servers with active admins was the only option where cheaters were rare, the official servers where just full of free for all cheaters, since the official AC measures where just as ineffective back then.
  • RosaPanteren
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is totaly ruining the game....

It used to be every now and then when you encountered a cheat, but these days it seems to infest so many servers.

I guess that their response with "We will look into it and make an assessment" have made it clear they have no clue and therefore all cheat trolls are free to roam.

Im an inch from giving up.
  • mario
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    so far nothing looks like anything is done about the cheating, it's becoming unplayable, servers are flooded with those ************ cheaters, EVERY game is ruined by those pathetic excuses of beings (whatever), hope this will be sorted soon,
This discussion has been closed.