New maps?

Tip_the_Cap
94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
My kingdom for some new maps. New maps are the best, it's the #1 thing that keeps these games interesting and fun for me. Please bring it, and keep them coming, Dice.

Thanks.

Comments

• Tip_the_Cap
    Still no new maps. I mean new maps for all game modes. No new universal maps, and no real news on when they may be coming.

Btw, I would gladly pay 15$ every couple months for a new map or two. Just saying.

Fresh maps, and a wider selection of maps is key guys.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The next new map will arrive in March.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dont expect more then 4-5 maps in BF5 life cycle. We got 1 (for 1 gamemode....), in march we will get second and till end of the year i would expect 2-3 more max.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    Dont expect more then 4-5 maps in BF5 life cycle. We got 1 (for 1 gamemode....), in march we will get second and till end of the year i would expect 2-3 more max.

100% Correct. DICE aren't obligated no more to produce Maps now. Live Service sealed that Fate.

Hope all the people that complained of Premium are happy now?

Thats my feeling and the feeling I got when they said no premium in the first place. Suspected maps would suffer.

Like I said, I'd much rather pay 15 to 20$ for new maps.
  • PoppaPappo
    201 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No to Premium. It’s really difficult to even get into the Premium maps for BF1 at this point because there’s only ever one server if there’s any at all, so you can usually only get vanilla maps. The fact is Premium divides the player base and most people don’t buy it as CoD’s Recent snafu showed.

Also, Premium was always a scam anyway. I’ve been gaming since the early 90s. Up until about 2005 you got a complete game for your $60. Many games from then have more content than your “Premium” games now. Sometime around 2005 companies found out they could break a game into chunks and get people to pay double what they should have. It had nothing to do with the cost of game development. It was about lining the pockets of shareholders and CEOs.

Premium is, was, and always will be a con game for suckers.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah a lot of other games produce a lot more maps at base...

That said, this can all be fixed by a healthy dose of microtransactions... providing that they actually produce stuff with the funds and don't just run...

I sincerely hope we get a few new maps every couple of months. Though this is resource intensive.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    No to Premium. It’s really difficult to even get into the Premium maps for BF1 at this point because there’s only ever one server if there’s any at all, so you can usually only get vanilla maps. The fact is Premium divides the player base and most people don’t buy it as CoD’s Recent snafu showed.

Also, Premium was always a scam anyway. I’ve been gaming since the early 90s. Up until about 2005 you got a complete game for your $60. Many games from then have more content than your “Premium” games now. Sometime around 2005 companies found out they could break a game into chunks and get people to pay double what they should have. It had nothing to do with the cost of game development. It was about lining the pockets of shareholders and CEOs.

I do see the point of both sides of the argument. All I'm saying is I want more maps.

Whatever it takes.
  • -Antares65z
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There was a total of 29 maps for conquest in BF1. I bet BF5 doesn't even reach half that many.
  • PoppaPappo
    There was a total of 29 maps for conquest in BF1. I bet BF5 doesn't even reach half that many.

Yeah, but like I said, in BF1 you can’t play on them most of the time because the Premium map servers are never populated. 90% of the time when I go to BF1 it’s the same 9 maps over and over.
  • Stinkfist35
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is in desperate need of some new maps for sure.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Expansion packs existed long before 2005, though.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11

Yeah, but like I said, in BF1 you can’t play on them most of the time because the Premium map servers are never populated. 90% of the time when I go to BF1 it’s the same 9 maps over and over.

Would that be because people where to braindead to download them for FREE?

I had zero problem with playing the dlc maps, until I shifted over to BF5.
  • PoppaPappo

Expansion packs existed long before 2005, though.

That’s true and I can specifically remember them for games like TIE Fighter and Wing Commander. The big difference, though, is that those games were single player. So, it didn’t matter if anyone else did or did not have them. In multiplayer it does. I haven’t played a Premium BF1 map in a while, because whenever I check there’s no server for it. I’ll say it again: it fractures the player base.
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When BF1 got to the end of its life cycle they slowly gave away all the premium content and with 100 hours played in the last two months leading up to BFV, i still haven't played at least six of the maps from the expansions. Literally never had a game where they were in the rotation. Although i do wish there would be more maps coming than what is clearly being offered (one map for greece are you kidding me?), It might not be as bad as it sounds. Tbh premium might have given us too many maps if there's such a thing.