The Devs ARE working... be patient guys.

Cpt_Blitz_26
280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 11
Feb 12th Update #3

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-commerce/Casablanca/Update_Notes/20190212-01/Battlefield_V_Chapter_2_Lightning_Strikes_Update_12022019_FINAL.pdf

Just a link to read through the notes for tomorrow.

Guys this is A LOT of stuff. While it may not be the particular fix or thing that YOU want... it is progress and issues that need to be fixed.

While there are still some things I'd like to see and changes, this is definitely a lot of good stuff.

Just want to say to the dev team, thanks for the patches and fixes and to keep up the good work!

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 11
    http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-commerce/Casablanca/Update_Notes/20190212-01/Battlefield_V_Chapter_2_Lightning_Strikes_Update_12022019_FINAL.pdf

Guys this is A LOT of stuff. While it may not be the particular fix or thing that YOU want... it is progress and issues that need to be fixed.

While there are still some things I'd like to see and changes, this is definitely a lot of good stuff.

Just want to say to the dev team, thanks for the patches and fixes and to keep up the good work!

We don't if it's tomorrow or even next week or the following. Unless tomorrow is now a firm date.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26

We don't if it's tomorrow or even next week or the following. Unless tomorrow is now a firm date.

Read the link. Update #3. Feb 12th. Tomorrow.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Great stuff. Thanks for the info.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

In three days the new TOW assignment will go live, and they always drop the patch two days prior, so I would bet we get a patch tomorrow. Whether it includes all of the network and bug fixes, I dont know, but considering it saves them big $$ to consolidate.... My money is on tomorrow for a big patch.
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was rolling my eyes at OP's post kissing EA/DICE's posteriors, until I finally just clicked on the patch notes.

Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the fixes incoming. Well, most of them. Definitely worth a read through if you're on the fence about whether or not to click that link.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    wc138 wrote: »
    I was rolling my eyes at OP's post kissing EA/DICE's posteriors, until I finally just clicked on the patch notes.

Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the fixes incoming. Well, most of them. Definitely worth a read through if you're on the fence about whether or not to click that link.

I only kiss posteriors that deserve it... and the devs finally produced a FINEEE one for me to smooch :D
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happy about the Fjell fixes. Hated going up against a team that would be up there. It would be almost impossible to get them while they rained down bullets on us.

Also, the Turner fix seems to be an interesting one. I hope it's universal with all guns. Seeing your soldier load in invisible bullets/grenades was distracting as hell.

The "netcode" adjustments look promising.
  • TamKingski
    1730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    Anyone have a link to the patch notes thats not in pdf format?
    Im using the crappy ps4 browser that doesnt support pdf viewing.

Tried google but just kept getting the pdf or older patch notes.

Edit-scratch that just found a youtube vid that was uploaded a couple hrs ago that details the changes,here it is for anyone else interested.

• ChewGoat
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the net code does not seriously change for my low stable ping and not make it feel like i'm some how playing with 150+ ping where bullets on target are not registering then its the last game i buy that is any thing to do with both dice or battlefield. its about time these game producers gave up trying to make a lag unstable +100 ping perform like a 20 ping its not going to happen.
  • MrCamp121
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, kiss their behinds until you log in and realize the other half of the game they didnt intend to touch gets all screwed again lol
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You have to admit they are working pretty hard, hats off to them.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

• RRedux
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What Dice needs to do is freaking region lock their servers, boom, a big part of the problem solved. No more need for network hocus pocus to try and artificially level the playing field. I don't know if you noticed, but all it takes is a couple of 200 or 300 pingers on a 64 player server to completely degrade the server.

Amen. Back in bf3/4, a lot of rented servers autokicked anyone with 100+ ping. Good times.

Granted, the netcode at the time gave you a MASSIVE advantage over other players if you had between 150-200 ping.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah thanks for doing your job?
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    edited February 11

So i was originally right? There is no real date? DICE PLEASE. Nobody knows what the hell is going on with this company anymore.

Why would you trust a random post by a random person saying "trademark" with a smiley face haha

JK I know he works for Battlefield... and I know that it says the dates aren't final. But either this week or next. I'm banking on tomorrow.

But if the netcode issue is not resolved they might bump it.

Crossing fingers.
  • greyyetigreyyeti
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ChewGoat wrote: »
    If the net code does not seriously change for my low stable ping and not make it feel like i'm some how playing with 150+ ping where bullets on target are not registering then its the last game i buy that is any thing to do with both dice or battlefield. its about time these game producers gave up trying to make a lag unstable +100 ping perform like a 20 ping its not going to happen.

What Dice needs to do is freaking region lock their servers, boom, a big part of the problem solved. No more need for network hocus pocus to try and artificially level the playing field. I don't know if you noticed, but all it takes is a couple of 200 or 300 pingers on a 64 player server to completely degrade the server.

This won't happen, they want people from far away regions to buy their game, but they don't want to buy any servers there.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the patch notes thats not in pdf format?
    Im using the crappy ps4 browser that doesnt support pdf viewing.

Tried google but just kept getting the pdf or older patch notes.

Edit-scratch that just found a youtube vid that was uploaded a couple hrs ago that details the changes,here it is for anyone else interested.

Guy in video says it's great they nerefed all these weapons while running around with a lewis laser + X3 scope lol.