R2BFV Servers Have Worn Out Their Welcome

-Antares65z
1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
It's time these servers go. They were useful for the BFV pre-launch marketing campaign but that ship has sailed. Continuing to run these servers will do nothing to increase BFV sales. All they are doing is sucking traffic away from Mixed Maps (All Maps) and what's left of the rented servers. Most players left in BF1 want to play All Maps servers for variety. It's pathetic looking at the U.S. PS4 server browser and seeing 2/3 of the populated servers being R2BFV that are all running the same maps. These servers also attract high ping players. Look at the west coast R2BFV servers and half the players have 150+ pings. In the morning time, nearly all of the players have 150+ pings.

Please vote to turn these servers off.

Comments

• SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1
    The "Road to BFV" was a dead end to begin with.
  • ronybaloney
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree with you in theory. However several weeks ago there were no R2BFV servers for a time and mixed maps still got ZERO love. Everyone just played DICE official (vanilla) maps. So I don't agree with you that most players want to play mixed maps. Sadly, the evidence just doesn't support it. It's a strange and sad state of affairs.
    I've been happy that the R2BFV servers at least allow us a few different maps. If DICE got rid of them I'm convinced we would never be able to play other maps at all except for the few occasions we can get your FragShack server going.
  • BaroudeurUltime
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's weird, it says all maps and all modes but they are only conquest. I mucked around with the server browers and there are heaps of empty servers of different modes and maps, but it's only the conquest and vanilla maps that get populated. I don't know why, I would love it if it wasn't the case.

It's like you can't get a server started for a mode or map you want to play (to get challenges or codex even, the naval or air battle maps, supply drop, pigeons ) because the auto start for all the other players pushes them somewhere else. It's the weirdest thing that the game still lets you go through all the menus and pick a mode, and dumps you in an empty server that you can't start.

Secondly, I often can't find servers with a good ping for me. Please, in a kind way, explain why playing with a 150+ ping is bad? I don't want to be the scourge of other players. From all I can tell, I get shot easier and miss my shots more, so I just put up with it. But you mention it seems that's not the case?
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah sometimes a mixed server is gold and no matter the balance no one wants to leave it.

Even with server browser set to 1-5 6-10 and none mixed servers are hard to find.
    Least sometimes they are.

They are the ones I always try to go for
  • Forkbeard84
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    It seems right now that the R2BFV servers at least give us some access to non vanilla maps. If they go away, what will replace them? Is it possible private servers would replace the R2BFV servers or are we just going to see everyone packed into Dice official servers?

Edit: Well I guess we do have the mixed mode servers to get other non vanilla maps from. Still do we really think getting rid of the R2BFV servers is going to open up traffic to rental servers?
    Post edited by Forkbeard84 on
  • disposalist
    8324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems right now that the R2BFV servers at least give us some access to non vanilla maps. If they go away, what will replace them? Is it possible private servers would replace the R2BFV servers or are we just going to see everyone packed into Dice official servers?
    Dude, haven't you gotten the DLCs free by now? I thought they'd all been given away?

I'm fed up with most servers being a restricted set of maps.

Also, today is Monday... surely a new weekly rotation? I'm still seeing the same maps as yesterday :(
  • EdwinSpangler
    1760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yea get those outta here... V while youre at it also..
  • Forkbeard84
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dude, haven't you gotten the DLCs free by now? I thought they'd all been given away?

I'm fed up with most servers being a restricted set of maps.

Also, today is Monday... surely a new weekly rotation? I'm still seeing the same maps as yesterday :(

Do you think I don't have the DLCs or maybe I'm missing the point? I bought premium pass back in the day.

I too am sick of the same maps. You would think the playing community could create some rental servers with a community of robust traffic. But at least on PS4 North America, its EXTREMELY rare to see a private rental server in the browser. How come we can't get a rental server up and going and perpetuate it's game play?
  • -Antares65z
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    As long as the R2BFV servers are featured as the first option on the Home tab, that's what most of the QM noobs are going to click on. If you get rid of them, yes, some players will migrate to the Dice Official vanilla maps. But I also think a fair amount of those players will focus on getting the Mixed Maps servers going. Many are playing the R2BFV because they like the DLC maps.

@forkbeard84 - Its not so much about getting rented servers going. In the U.S, there are so few of them left. You can thank the R2BFV servers and Quick Match users for that. On PS4, the reason why there are virtually no rental servers is because most players are using QM. They never look at the browser so they never see you and me and others sitting on a rented server trying to get it going.

I don't care if it's rented servers or Mixed Maps. This game is going to get old quickly. But then that's what EA wants. They're going to do their best to kill this game off before their next release towards the end of the year. One way to assure that is removing variety so that we all get bored and move on.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    Is it even possible to still earn the Road to BFV rewards?
  • BaroudeurUltime
    Indeed it seems the QM matches need to be set up this way if R2BFV goes (mixed modes and or maps). It seems the priority goes to conquest and all the same maps. They could surely make seperate servers with vanilla, and with each DLC, or even mixing across all.

I'm a n00b that got it on special (and it has just gone on special again), and me getting into it brought a couple mates back. I'm hopeful that this game will cling on like the older games. As with all gaming there seems to be a bit of nervousness about this games future, and scepticism about 'the man' (EA), but just gotta stay positive.

Have you checked out all the multiplayer options and just looked at the servers available? On custom there is like 40+ servers just sitting empty for xbox, all the time! That must be a significant drain on resources. With some active and intelligent alterations I'm sure the developers can direct the traffic better.

I check the browser and the good ping servers might be only a couple for me, and queued on each, but then there are 10 custom servers with good ping just sitting there empty in the background. Weird.

I'm terrible, but I enjoy it, and that is who you need, motivated players. Especially for you good guys to farm tickets! The one time I got 12000 by PTFO with a random awesome squad even on a k/d of less than 0.3, that's what keeps me going.

I'm extremely confused about getting games on the maps you want to play. There are many I haven't seen and I have had the game for 6 months on xbox. I need to learn about how the maps rotate I guess. I get the feeling you just have to wait until they come up to play.

For me, I think overall it is more just so you can experience everything you paid for?

• ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Is it even possible to still earn the Road to BFV rewards?

Negative. Otherwise I wouldn't keep asking them to release the Truman skin.
  • -Antares65z
    edited February 14
    Woke up this morning and aside from the LEB server, there were only four active servers in the U.S. They were all R2BFV and packed with 150+ pingers. Shut the game down and fired up BC2.
  • BaroudeurUltime
    Woke up this morning and aside from the LEB server, there were only four active servers in the U.S. They were all R2BFV and packed with 150+ pingers. Shut the game down and fired up BC2.

I asked somewhere but didn't hear, can you please let me know why the other players having a bad ping is bad for you? Often to get a game I have to join a far away server, and I don't want to wreck others experiences. I thought it only resulted in the person with bad ping missing shots and getting hit easier?
  • disposalist
    8324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I asked somewhere but didn't hear, can you please let me know why the other players having a bad ping is bad for you? Often to get a game I have to join a far away server, and I don't want to wreck others experiences. I thought it only resulted in the person with bad ping missing shots and getting hit easier?
    Bad pingers are more difficult to hit, though you have a harder time hitting.

It just makes the game unpleasant as you can't tell if it's a bad pinger you're firing on until it's too late and you've wasted your clip and they, of course, are fully prepared to compensate for having a bad ping.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Bad pingers are more difficult to hit, though you have a harder time hitting.

It just makes the game unpleasant as you can't tell if it's a bad pinger you're firing on until it's too late and you've wasted your clip and they, of course, are fully prepared to compensate for having a bad ping.

Adding to this, a single OOR player can make the entire server go to crap depending on their network.