Netcode

2»

Comments

• Leetch002_mtdrh
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm being shot more now behind cover or well after I've run around an obstacle than ever before. I'm getting shot directly through walls, tanks, ground, etc from snipers which tells me the server and the other player is seeing something completely different than what is on my screen. I can see 10 feet of cover above me only to be sniped directly through it. Maybe I chose the giraffe skin and my giant Jack-in-the-box head is sitting on top of my ladder neck above the terrain and I don't notice it.

Numerous times I'm getting hit after I killed a guy 2-3 seconds before...with nobody else around.

It's not always this way but at times it gets real bad and I just have to walk away.

• sasqch10
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is unstable and random which makes it difficult to get into many matches. A game too much time into over the top snow effects before fun gameplay seems to point to bad management of the game build. Broken game that players get blamed for not liking because some were hoping for an epic experience and got something that almost nothing worked correctly. Dying after being in a door or around a corner 10 steps is a way too often occurance as is the all around silly spawning. Forced spawn insta death and the one shot kill from after birth spawned Enemy is freaking awesome design.
  • Aldor27
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played today squad conquest and I noticed there are much better netcode than 64 player servers. I'm not sure 🤔😁
  • Zooboid
    920 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Decided to try TDM today, seems way more stable than conquest etc on PS4 slim. Even TTD seemed better (a lot in IMO). Maybe I’ll stick with TDM , at least I won’t be wasting my money.
  • TamKingski
    1700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Last couple of dice titles ive had a stable ping of 30 to eu servers,even bfv i had a stable 30 ping for a while,but i have noticed over the last week im now getting a stable ping of 19.

It seems like something has changed on dices end and for me servers seem a bit more stable for the moment.
    I still get the odd wth moment (usually with someone whos ping is 120+) but most matches play really well with few noticeable netcode problems.
  • PrairieGeek
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    Last couple of dice titles ive had a stable ping of 30 to eu servers,even bfv i had a stable 30 ping for a while,but i have noticed over the last week im now getting a stable ping of 19.

It seems like something has changed on dices end and for me servers seem a bit more stable for the moment.
    I still get the odd wth moment (usually with someone whos ping is 120+) but most matches play really well with few noticeable netcode problems.

which mode are you playing? It seems that the smaller modes have less issue, perhaps this is why they are pushing us to Squad CQ and Frontlines right now. So that it is less obvious? I have seen many reporting the issue but saying that it is not as severe on the smaller servers.
  • TamKingski
    1700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

which mode are you playing? It seems that the smaller modes have less issue, perhaps this is why they are pushing us to Squad CQ and Frontlines right now. So that it is less obvious? I have seen many reporting the issue but saying that it is not as severe on the smaller servers.

I mainly play whatever the current tow mode is,this week its frontlines.If im not playing that then i normally play grand ops.
    For some reason i just cant get into conquest in bfv as much as i used to in bf titles,up untill bfv conquest was my most played mode on previous bf games.
  • pebjesus
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9

I mainly play whatever the current tow mode is,this week its frontlines.If im not playing that then i normally play grand ops.
    For some reason i just cant get into conquest in bfv as much as i used to in bf titles,up untill bfv conquest was my most played mode on previous bf games.

There is no spirit in conquest in this game what so ever. Its like pubg, 9/10 of ur time u spend walking, boring (some), huge large maps. Back in bf4 i played only conquest, now i play everything but cq.

Pat
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s still dodgy. Get hit round cover, from angles which you should get shot from but that could just be the weird killcam. Seen videos of people emptying an entire mag at someone and getting no hit markers. For me for the last 6 weeks I’ve had the latency warning in every server, since the last update it comes and goes in uk servers but is permanently on in German ones. Plus the server symbols usually makes an appearance. Using a wired connection. Have no issues on any other device.
  • It’s still dodgy. Get hit round cover, from angles which you should get shot from but that could just be the weird killcam. Seen videos of people emptying an entire mag at someone and getting no hit markers. For me for the last 6 weeks I’ve had the latency warning in every server, since the last update it comes and goes in uk servers but is permanently on in German ones. Plus the server symbols usually makes an appearance. Using a wired connection. Have no issues on any other device.

Same here in Oceania
    Wired connection, good download and upload speeds, yet latency issues and ping spikes up to 700ish
    Even had it happening in SCQ
    Did hard resets of PSN and router but still happening.
    What's weird is sometimes the game runs as smooth as silk, then next thing it alternates from good to bad.
    Hard to find a definitive reason for it happening.
    Server end I suspect
  • clubseal33
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    definitely not its actually worse play with 30 ping and still getting shot 2 meters behind cover,also the enemies some how being able to see you and shoot you behind cover but you can shoot them.And then just random deaths where the kill cam does not even seem to know who killed you.

That might be my favorite, though: Get killed, "new and improved" kill cam looks straight up; must have been God.
  • Ploodovic
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game has been very stable for me, solid hit registration and no lag. The occasional death around corners, but I can’t remember any one frame deaths recently. All in all, though, stable. I mostly play Conquest and Breakthrough.

Still looking forward to what improvements the next patch will bring, regarding netcode.
  • GeriatricKiwi
    40 postsMember Member
    edited February 11
    Yep me too.
    Regardless of what the doomsayers are posting I see real potential with this game and the last patch, latency issues (occasionally) aside, have been good.

Roll on the update
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s still dodgy. Get hit round cover, from angles which you should get shot from but that could just be the weird killcam. Seen videos of people emptying an entire mag at someone and getting no hit markers. For me for the last 6 weeks I’ve had the latency warning in every server, since the last update it comes and goes in uk servers but is permanently on in German ones. Plus the server symbols usually makes an appearance. Using a wired connection. Have no issues on any other device.

Same here in Oceania
    Wired connection, good download and upload speeds, yet latency issues and ping spikes up to 700ish
    Even had it happening in SCQ
    Did hard resets of PSN and router but still happening.
    What's weird is sometimes the game runs as smooth as silk, then next thing it alternates from good to bad.
    Hard to find a definitive reason for it happening.
    Server end I suspect

Pretty much done the same thing, done all I can. Just hope it’s fixed soon whatever's the cause.
  • mattd3162014
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm being shot more now behind cover or well after I've run around an obstacle than ever before. I'm getting shot directly through walls, tanks, ground, etc from snipers which tells me the server and the other player is seeing something completely different than what is on my screen. I can see 10 feet of cover above me only to be sniped directly through it. Maybe I chose the giraffe skin and my giant Jack-in-the-box head is sitting on top of my ladder neck above the terrain and I don't notice it.

Numerous times I'm getting hit after I killed a guy 2-3 seconds before...with nobody else around.

It's not always this way but at times it gets real bad and I just have to walk away.

yup got shot through a wall a few times myself and am talking 12 inch thick concrete have a video of it too not only that but there is no possible way the player could have seen me.
  • Aldor27
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously I am very mad now 😐 f...k fix this crap EA/Dice and put those **** camos and others useless crap in the **** .**** netcode is ****, game doesn't even work. How I must to play this crap?🤔😐
  • ps_865
    338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes, the BFV has a terrible netcode. In no other FPS game I have so many "unfair" fights, where I would lose fights with a KE7, for example, to pistols, or tommi's at 50+ meters distance. Also, as mentioned, countless times being hit around the corner, one shot deaths and not able to kill someone with the full magazine of hits
  • UberNerD20
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aldor27 wrote: »
    I haven't played this crap maybe week and I'm very happy for that. I feel much better now 🙂 EA and Dice can but this crap in their **** I don't understand why people still playing this ****?!🤔 New patch and new bugs how they enjoy this game or they just fools and don't understand.

Well at least you still come here to post on the forums for all of the nobody who cares.
  • clubseal33
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep me too.
    Regardless of what the doomsayers are posting I see real potential with this game and the last patch, latency issues (occasionally) aside, have been good.

Roll on the update

Those crazy doomsayers, amirite. Here we are, running the game in native 8k, 0 latency, 1,000 frames per second and these people have the nerve to complain about the game not working as advertised/intended/well as an online FPS should.
    I bet you're so cool you can't even understand people who want what they paid full price for.
  • Aldor27
    edited February 12
    UberNerD20 wrote: »
    Aldor27 wrote: »
    I haven't played this crap maybe week and I'm very happy for that. I feel much better now 🙂 EA and Dice can but this crap in their **** I don't understand why people still playing this ****?!🤔 New patch and new bugs how they enjoy this game or they just fools and don't understand.

Well at least you still come here to post on the forums for all of the nobody who cares.
    😐