Mouse and Keyboard?

Exinoxist
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I don't let why they don't let you use M&K on bf. I don't mind if they put people on pc servers, I don't want to buy an adaptor even though they can just put us on pc servers and let us use M&K
:( :( :(

Comments

• Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Exinoxist wrote: »
    I don't let why they don't let you use M&K on bf. I don't mind if they put people on pc servers, I don't want to buy an adaptor even though they can just put us on pc servers and let us use M&K
    :( :( :(

I think placing M&K players on PC servers would be fine.

I don’t know personally, but based on what PC vets say, a good M&K player beats a good controller player the majority of the time. If/when BF approves M&K functionality, I hope they have some creative options for keeping the servers separate.

If this article is accurate, maybe that could be a possibility.
    https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/04/microsoft-brings-xbox-live-switch-android-ios/

• Exinoxist
    Yeah, I don't want them to be together because it's unfair
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is if m&kb players were put on PC servers the console servers would have a let less players, there are a lot of m&kb players out there.
    It's no god mode, it's just what certain people find easier to use, I've never once come across this type of debate on the forza forums where people can use racing wheels against controller players.
  • Raspu71nG
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    buy a gaming pc if you want mouse and keyboard.
    if you cant then no mouse support on consoles
  • full951
    2188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Raspu71nG wrote: »

people keep saying that but more and more people keep using mouse and keyboard on console. I wonder why?
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    full951 wrote: »

people keep saying that but more and more people keep using mouse and keyboard on console. I wonder why?

I use m&kb on my xbox as I was born with heart disease, my hands have poor circulation and also I get tremmers in my thumbs and because of the poor circulation my hands are always ice cold so I get cramp in my joints, so controller is not great for me, my aim is still all over the place using mouse, also there are a few handicaps to using m&kb, no running and healing as the keyboard arrow pad is so far from the wasd keys and to ask /give orders you have to put the mouse down and use the controller.
    I don't believe I should be forced to play on servers away from my friends or be forced away from consoles due to my disabilities, that surely would fall foul of the EU discrimination laws.

Once again I ask why is a racing wheel OK on forza on same servers as controller users?
  • full951
    2188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I use m&kb on my xbox as I was born with heart disease, my hands have poor circulation and also I get tremmers in my thumbs and because of the poor circulation my hands are always ice cold so I get cramp in my joints, so controller is not great for me, my aim is still all over the place using mouse, also there are a few handicaps to using m&kb, no running and healing as the keyboard arrow pad is so far from the wasd keys and to ask /give orders you have to put the mouse down and use the controller.
    I don't believe I should be forced to play on servers away from my friends or be forced away from consoles due to my disabilities, that surely would fall foul of the EU discrimination laws.

Once again I ask why is a racing wheel OK on forza on same servers as controller users?

you do not need to explain yourself. you game how you choose. and I'm glad this option is available for you.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12

How do you do this? Just curious what hardware or software is required to make this work...like where do you plug in the KB&M?

• full951
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »

How do you do this? Just curious what hardware or software is required to make this work...like where do you plug in the KB&M?

there are several 3rd party Adapters that allow for MnK use. xim is generally considered the best performing. search for the one you'll get results for the others as well. the devices are USB hubs with hardware that make it all work. it works for Xbox and Playstation, current and last Gen. and with the knowledge backwards compatibility is now standard you can expect it to work for next Gen as well.

some games at the moment support mouse and keyboard natively. no device required. the list will grow as time passes. you can expect all Microsoft first party games to have support from here on out.
  • lionking7001
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can think what you want about using third party hardware or software when gaming. Dice will never act in any way to try to change this!

For my sake I will have to get used to a lower and lower K/D because I still go with controller. There will be no mouse and keyboard in my sofa! I have tried mouse and keyboard by a friend. I had about 100% better K/D....
  • full951
  • ackers75
    2054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can’t put you on pc servers as they have a different tick rate.
  • Exinoxist
    ackers75 wrote: »

It works on Fortnite
  • ElliotLH
    6136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12

It works on Fortnite

Fortnite has 30Hz tick rate on their PC servers whereas BFV is 120Hz according to the info I can find.
  • Exinoxist
    Oh right
  • ElliotLH
    6136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh right

Shame really as that could have potentially been a solution in the future without needing an adaptor.
  • ackers75
    2054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It works on Fortnite

Fortnite has the same tick rate on pc and console
  • Exinoxist
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Oh right

Shame really as that could have potentially been a solution in the future without needing an adaptor.

Yeah.