so I just had a 133 kill game in Hamada Frontlines...

Tactical_wizzzeR
275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
and all I got was a draw...

and it was the most tedious, most repetitive, most back and fourth and back and fourth thing I've ever played.

got that stupid MMG though, I don't even know if it's worth it since I'm a Bren guy...

but good god who the hell designed Hamada Frontlines? who though it was a good idea to extend the ENTIRE map for Frontlines, at least substitute a plane for each side instead of a third tank! this was quite possibly the longest match I've ever been in for a very long time not counting those stupid 3000 ticket conquest servers in BF4. and all that fight, and it ended i a freaking draw... a DRAW!

Comments

• UraniumReaper
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Man that sucks... at least you played your best. Sounds like the map design for these maps on certain game modes are fubar
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

and it was the most tedious, most repetitive, most back and fourth and back and fourth thing I've ever played.

got that stupid MMG though, I don't even know if it's worth it since I'm a Bren guy...

but good god who the hell designed Hamada Frontlines? who though it was a good idea to extend the ENTIRE map for Frontlines, at least substitute a plane for each side instead of a third tank! this was quite possibly the longest match I've ever been in for a very long time not counting those stupid 3000 ticket conquest servers in BF4. and all that fight, and it ended i a freaking draw... a DRAW!

There's just too much distance between objectives. By the time you get to the next objective the other team has already spawned on it and capped it.

I'm torn on frontlines, I've had some really fun matches but I've also had just as many really bad matches.
  • Singe1989
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So what if it was a draw? It was probably well earned between the teams.

I love these types of games rather than a steam roll in 10 minutes, I had a great game on Hamada with my squad who I play with. We were pushed all the way back to our 2 bombs, they managed to blow 1 up so defeat seemed guaranteed.

But we pushed our hardest, really put the work in as a squad, back and forth on a couple of the objectives but we managed to push them all the way back and win the game. It was such an intense game and we were all in awe after.

Frontlines is my favourite game mode by far
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hamada being very long is to make up for Fjell being too short and over in 3 minutes.
  • Zenga
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I end up in Hamada in pretty much any mode, I just quit immediately. I do not want to spend my time on that awful map. I think for Frontlines: Devastation, Rotterdam, Twisted Steel and even Narvik are best suited. Fjell is ok, but a bit too short for this mode and the terrain (especially for final objectives) doesn't make it balanced. Aerodrome is a toss-up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't go anywhere. But Hamada... Ewww...
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fubar
    When i see that word some where...
    1457281348143544980.jpg

• Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would you say Hamada Frontlines is hands down the best map for weapon assignments, then?

Because this last MP40 assignment (20 objective area kills in a round--while hipfiring) is about to drive me crazy.
  • V4NILLABE4R
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Putting the "I" in team there OP...
  • Ernie_Shavers
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There's just too much distance between objectives. By the time you get to the next objective the other team has already spawned on it and capped it.

I'm torn on frontlines, I've had some really fun matches but I've also had just as many really bad matches.

It would help if they added quite a few transports & jeeps. The lack of transportation in BF V is puzzling. Frontlines on Hamada needs some help
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would you say Hamada Frontlines is hands down the best map for weapon assignments, then?

Because this last MP40 assignment (20 objective area kills in a round--while hipfiring) is about to drive me crazy.

Hamada and Aerodome
  • ElliotLH
    5812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hamada and Aerodome

Arras seems pretty good too as there seems to be lots of back-and-forth quite often. Completed my STG44 mastery on that map the other night between A and B flags.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1849 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I got that exact thing done on my first try on Hamada Frontlines. It can't be a stomp though, you might not get enough time to get the kills.
  • NLBartmaN
    2600 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Focus LESS on kills (and K/D) and MORE on (moving to and don't shoot outside of) objectives and you might win ... and don't get a draw ...
  • KITTvsKARR
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Had a game on Twisted Steel yesterday that went back and forth over the water several times, i think 5 people had over 100 kills, it probably would have gone to the timer ending - we only had about 8 minutes left, but half of our team just stopped spawning and were sitting doing nothing so got pushed back and back.
  • ackers75
    1916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aaaannnnndddddd this is the problem right here!
    Stop treating the game like call of duty tdm!
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    people make it seems like I got 133 kills in that match by sitting on a hill, I was the one pushing with very little support from my squadmates, I was the one on the light tank flanking and risking death on the objective. i got plenty of kills, and I wanted to point out- that all those kills didn't matter.

yeah sure if my squad or team pushed as hard, I would have secured a win, but that's just the nature of Battlefield, the unfortunate reality is that if a map is too spread apart and it discourages movement because it requiers too much syncorization from more than one squad- three squads to move, two to stay in case the objective is set a flag back...

on the other maps all that movement happens fluidly and naturally, Hamada is a map made to impress the oldschool BF gamers, and guess what I'm one of those, I used to be all for those types of maps- Kubra, Giants of Karelia... and you know what? bigger ain't better, what's the point of all that space if nothing happens on it.
  • Karnage75
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you had a high kill count due to frontlines being farmed for the last objective of the week, and you're complaining that it resulted in a draw?
    I'd rather have had that then play the 18 on 14 or 20 on 12 squash matches that having 6kills was top player during the grind.
    The 1922 is a RIDICULOUS mmg, btw. 50rounds before over heat, 150 round belt that expands to 250 and about 80ish rounds with chromed barrel.