Weekly BF

Why do so many guns in this game have literally no recoil or spread at all?

Comments

• aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »

I’m guessing you play on PC, because on console that is not the case.

And unfortunately, for the most part, they do not balance PC and console separately. If they did I think everyone would enjoy the game much more.

Actually consoles have 0.75 recoil multiplier, meaning guns have 25% less recoil compared to PC. + They have aimbot, excuse me, "Aim assist"

It was removed
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's funny is a lot of the weapons have this like scope movement that keeps shaking or repeatedly gyrating on the peripheral as the crosshair in the middle does not move at all. It's pretty pathetic, actually.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    What's funny is a lot of the weapons have this like scope movement that keeps shaking or repeatedly gyrating on the peripheral as the crosshair in the middle does not move at all. It's pretty pathetic, actually.

Wait what? Care to elaborate? I'm confused at this... you're saying the screen around you is moving, even the outside of the scope but the crosshair stays completely centered?

What gun and scope are you using, because mine does not do this.... I can see how this would be a huge advantage too haha.
  • GVlXxf
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    only aimbot cheating will have no recoil, assault, support class both have recoil in any gun(auto mode gun) and scout have bullet drop sniper, no bullet drop for long distance is aimbot too( alike) but who care how to call the aiming cheating, just said it all as "aimbot"( they cheat similarly)
  • MarxistDictator
    4958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's what no visual recoil means to dice, they still animate it on the gun.
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »

I’m guessing you play on PC, because on console that is not the case.

And unfortunately, for the most part, they do not balance PC and console separately. If they did I think everyone would enjoy the game much more.

Actually consoles have 0.75 recoil multiplier, meaning guns have 25% less recoil compared to PC. + They have aimbot, excuse me, "Aim assist"

Yeah but aiming and recoil control can be pretty difficult on console just by the very nature of using dual sticks over a mouse. As a guy who plays both PC and console i can confirm, tracking a target while managing recoil is a challenge, even with the 0.75x multiplier.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12

Wait what? Care to elaborate? I'm confused at this... you're saying the screen around you is moving, even the outside of the scope but the crosshair stays completely centered?

What gun and scope are you using, because mine does not do this.... I can see how this would be a huge advantage too haha.

That is correct, and it's common with many guns in this game. Try any assault DMR, try the sten gun with the support (full right specs, not that it really matters). you can literally hold the sten gun full auto for 50 rounds and just manage the recoil a small amount and it never moves and shoots perfectly straight and on target without any spread. this isn't how you design a recoil system in a shooter

edit: meant to say lewis gun not sten
    Post edited by 0SiGHT0 on
  • mc22ryan
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    The short answer is because the random spread deviation featured in BF1 was loathed by a large portion of the community (including many people on this forum).

Pretty much this. People never liked spread, mostly because they lacked the knowledge of how it worked and how extensive it was. It was a welcome scapegoat, too: "Oh I got killed because of suppression." "I lost to that guy because of spread, this is such a noob crutch." "Spread makes my bullets come out at a 90° angle." Then BF1 happened with genius ideas like First Shot spread multiplier and negative spread, where everyone could suddenly see and feel the effects. This is why they removed it regardless, of it being beneficial to the game.
    To be fair though base spread is still in the game, it is just irrelevant in most cases. What really is missing is SIPS, that is the reason why the semi-autos are so dominant, paired with them having no h-rec. A really genius idea, when you do not have to pace your shots.
    BF3+4 system was definitely better and more balanced for the average player.

I loved suppression. I loved the idea that MG's miles away could create a haze of suppression. Forcing players to find alternative strategies...
  • VincentNZ
    3243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    The short answer is because the random spread deviation featured in BF1 was loathed by a large portion of the community (including many people on this forum).

Pretty much this. People never liked spread, mostly because they lacked the knowledge of how it worked and how extensive it was. It was a welcome scapegoat, too: "Oh I got killed because of suppression." "I lost to that guy because of spread, this is such a noob crutch." "Spread makes my bullets come out at a 90° angle." Then BF1 happened with genius ideas like First Shot spread multiplier and negative spread, where everyone could suddenly see and feel the effects. This is why they removed it regardless, of it being beneficial to the game.
    To be fair though base spread is still in the game, it is just irrelevant in most cases. What really is missing is SIPS, that is the reason why the semi-autos are so dominant, paired with them having no h-rec. A really genius idea, when you do not have to pace your shots.
    BF3+4 system was definitely better and more balanced for the average player.

Bf3+4 were so balanced, ARs could out shoot sniper rifles, lol.

That is not true. BF3 had a max spread of 7.0. That is the bullet leaving your barrel at an angle of 7.0°. Base spread was similar to BFV, when modded, but the spread increase per shot took care to make your gun appropriately inaccurate over longer bursts, plus we had a higher ROF on average as well as slighlty more recoil. BF4 limited the max spread to 4.0° and removed suppression.
    So unless you bursted, you could not outshoot sniper rifles at all. And if that is the case, you have a much easier time with sniping with ARs in BFV.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Because these days you just can't give people their SLRs, LMGs, BARs and SMGs in a FPS game and expect them to work out on their own, how the guns perform and how to aim with them/fire them. Every gun needs to handle perfect right from the start. In BF1 e.g. you had to work out at which range you can fire your SLR how fast, to still hit the target. But BFV wants us to focus on two things: Point and click. The game is essentially that. A point and click adventure...
  • SendTheInfantry
    781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That is correct, and it's common with many guns in this game. Try any assault DMR, try the sten gun with the support (full right specs, not that it really matters). you can literally hold the sten gun full auto for 50 rounds and just manage the recoil a small amount and it never moves and shoots perfectly straight and on target without any spread. this isn't how you design a recoil system in a shooter

Holy ****.... BFV has fundamentally limited it's potential in the gameplay of the shooting mechanics when compared to previous BF games. Awful.
  • Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Because BFV Takes more Skill. Lol

Yea it sure does. When DICE increased recoil on most AR's every scrubsault jumped ships and now are happily abusing DMR's (self loading) with laser accuracy and 0 recoil.
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is purely for casuals who cry. That's why
  • SendTheInfantry
    781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »

Would explain the shallowness of the shooting mechanics. Which are laughable in BF5.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »

Would explain the shallowness of the shooting mechanics. Which are laughable in BF5.

Personally, I could care less if Dice added more recoil to these weapons, as long as they increased the damage to preserve the current TTK. I mean, lol moving my mouse another half inch during a burst fire is really not that big of a deal. Not sure why some deem that as "skill"
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ouch, my brain cells...
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CracKxEm wrote: »
    ouch, my brain cells...

Well, on a DMR you want to wait for the cross hair too center before squeezing off another round right? If the recoil is increased, it takes more time for that to happen...No? Thus increasing the TTK. If people want the DMR's to kick like a mule thats fine, but you need to increase the damge to preserve the TTK.... Not a fair trade off?
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ouch, my brain cells...

Well, on a DMR you want to wait for the cross hair too center before squeezing off another round right? If the recoil is increased, it takes more time for that to happen...No? Thus increasing the TTK. If people want the DMR's to kick like a mule thats fine, but you need to increase the damge to preserve the TTK.... Not a fair trade off?

Vertical recoil only has an effect on TTK at longer ranges, in short to mid-range fights it won't make much of a difference as you can counter the vertical recoil pretty easily.
    It would still add to the skill ceiling of these weapons.
  • 0SiGHT0
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    ouch, my brain cells...

Vertical recoil only has an effect on TTK at longer ranges, in short to mid-range fights it won't make much of a difference as you can counter the vertical recoil pretty easily.

you can still spray at just about any range.... there's no spread or horizontal recoil, so just a slight management of the recoil in the opposing direction will mean a laser beam. I don't know who the hell designed this system or why it''s so different from the prior games but it's a sad joke.
  • StealthAria
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    ouch, my brain cells...

you can still spray at just about any range.... there's no spread or horizontal recoil, so just a slight management of the recoil in the opposing direction will mean a laser beam. I don't know who the hell designed this system or why it''s so different from the prior games but it's a sad joke.

Can confirm, I rarely play Assault but I can still pick up just about any of their SA rifles and get back to back headshots far faster and easier than with any SLR. I had a clip of me mag dumping the M1, 450 rpm at 100 meters on the practice range for 15 headshots and 1 bodyhit out of 16 shots. I'll have to record it again though, I threw out the clip to free up space on my drive.