My hopes for the M1 Garand

Comments

• wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    wc138 wrote: »
    I hope it's in the Recon class as an SLR. I just want to see the salt from M1 Garand lovers, forced to play Recon to play with their baby. I think it would serve them right for not being patient with Dice.

Am I evil? Or am I right with my views?

I don't think you're evil or right. I think you're buttmad and being salty.

The M1 was dropped in the hands of 75% of infantry. Why wouldn't it be given to assault?

Becuase people (mainly assaults) keep jerking off to it, and can't appreciate anything non American.

There is so much more to WW2 than what American, and even Russia, did. People even seem to be forgetting the Italians FFS, who given the timeline, have to come first.

I just feel these people need to learn a lesson to be less entitled, by getting what they want, but at a cost.

Dude, no one is asking DICE to ignore the italians or the italian campaign. People just want to field weapons they know, and there's nothing wrong with that. Plus, the US army was involved in the Italian campaign, so why can't US military equipment be involved?

You can't say people don't appreciate anything non-American. That's a sweeping generalization. What you're dealing with is a bunch of people who've played WW2 shooters before and want to see the more popular weapons in the game. 99% of those players (including the Americans) will take the MG42 over the Browning 20 any day, but still want to fire a Garand in game.

And it's not entitlement if you paid upwards of 70 bucks for a product. It's just consumer feedback.
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to hear the pings in my headphones

The Sound was way better in BBC2. It was Just amazing to get Kills against full autos at that time.
  • johnkapa1
    200 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    The M1 Garand will be in assault for sure. I hope they at least make the scopes in the game like the original M1d versions. The 1903A3/A4 will be in the recon though. Also i have both and use both in my CMP matches, both should be dead on accurate as well as flat shooting from the beginning. The 03A3 has way more recoil though than the Garand by far.
    Post edited by johnkapa1 on
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    M1 Garand. Iron Sights. Hearing those pings.

Sweet sweet ecstasy...

Classic FPS gaming for me.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M1 Garand. Iron Sights. Hearing those pings.

Sweet sweet ecstasy...

Classic FPS gaming for me.

Right on dude! Takes me back ☺
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope it's in the Recon class as an SLR. I just want to see the salt from M1 Garand lovers, forced to play Recon to play with their baby. I think it would serve them right for not being patient with Dice.

Am I evil? Or am I right with my views?

Come back in 2 years when the USA joins the war to recieve a free M1 Garand.

We will probably get a new battlefield game before the Americans join the war :wink:
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love the crap out of my Garand, probably one of the best gun purchases I've made. Very accurate, very reliable weapon.

I too have a CMP Garand, and while I do enjoy shooting it and agree it is very reliable I have to disagree about its accuracy. That isn’t to say it is an inaccurate rifle but it’s accuracy claims are overstated. I believe this is due to National Match rifles and accurized examples that are used to win service matches... Most run of the mill Garand’s I’ve encountered shoot about 3-4 MOA even with replacement Criterion barrels. That’s the same average accuracy as the ‘inaccurate’ modern AK.
  • M_Rat13
    921 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love the crap out of my Garand, probably one of the best gun purchases I've made. Very accurate, very reliable weapon.

I too have a CMP Garand, and while I do enjoy shooting it and agree it is very reliable I have to disagree about its accuracy. That isn’t to say it is an inaccurate rifle but it’s accuracy claims are overstated. I believe this is due to National Match rifles and accurized examples that are used to win service matches... Most run of the mill Garand’s I’ve encountered shoot about 3-4 MOA even with replacement Criterion barrels. That’s the same average accuracy as the ‘inaccurate’ modern AK.

Just out of curiosity, how accurate is a Lee Enfield No4 IRL? Becuase, at least to me, in this game, it's quite inaccurate, at least compared to other BA rifles.
  • johnkapa1

The guys i shoot my CMP matches with almost have all new barrels on their Garands and they can almost clean the targets at both 100 and 200 yards. My First match i shot a 244/300 with my Garand at 200 yards, yeah you're not going to shoot 1MOA with the rifles all the time but then again they weren't meant to shoot a 1MOA at long distances.
  • johnkapa1

Just out of curiosity, how accurate is a Lee Enfield No4 IRL? Becuase, at least to me, in this game, it's quite inaccurate, at least compared to other BA rifles.

Guns more accurate than the shooter in real life. Mine shoots pretty good at 200 yards with iron sights.
  • bran1986
    5660 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Santini3 wrote: »
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    I think it might end up being given to Medic, if we get Carbines for that class as a new weapon class.

Well that would mean the M1A1 Carbine would be moved over to the medic and the M1 Garand would come to the assault as it should.

They were apparently pistol carbines. But I'm not sure if those and machine pistols will appear. But they are there, completely rehashed from the previous game.

From what the symthic people said, the pistol carbines seem like discarded ideas and not something that is likely to make it to the game. I'm not sure about the machine pistols. DICE had said medics would be getting another weapon class with more range capabilities but they couldn't go into details.My guess is it will be an existing weapon class getting moved over from an existing weapon class in the game. I think assault rifles would make the most sense from a balance perspective but I think it will end up being carbines like the m1a1 and geweher 1-5.
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The No4 (the greatest boot action battle rifle in history IMO) is pretty accurate but not amazingly so... The standard was was 7 shots (out of 7) in 5-inch diameter at 200 yards and 6 out of 7 shots in a 10-inch diameter at 400 yards.

Rifles that showed exceptional accuracy were set aside and sent to Holland & Holland were they were completely broken down and rebuilt as sniper rifles with special attention given to properly bedding the stock. I can’t remember the exact accuracy acceptance for these, but most I’ve seen shot about 1.5 MOA with surplus ammo. With handloads I’ve seen under 1 MOA! The 1903 Springfield was the most inherently accurate rifle off the line but the No4 (T) by virtue of being the only sniper rifle purposely built as such was the most accurate.

• MSKelly1976
    johnkapa1 wrote: »

The guys i shoot my CMP matches with almost have all new barrels on their Garands and they can almost clean the targets at both 100 and 200 yards. My First match i shot a 244/300 with my Garand at 200 yards, yeah you're not going to shoot 1MOA with the rifles all the time but then again they weren't meant to shoot a 1MOA at long distances.

Big difference between using handloads or match ammo and using government issued ammo... But even with Greek surplus 200 yards is very doable. You won’t get great groups, but you’ll hit what you’re aiming for.
  • M_Rat13
    921 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The No4 (the greatest boot action battle rifle in history IMO) is pretty accurate but not amazingly so... The standard was was 7 shots (out of 7) in 5-inch diameter at 200 yards and 6 out of 7 shots in a 10-inch diameter at 400 yards.

Rifles that showed exceptional accuracy were set aside and sent to Holland & Holland were they were completely broken down and rebuilt as sniper rifles with special attention given to properly bedding the stock. I can’t remember the exact accuracy acceptance for these, but most I’ve seen shot about 1.5 MOA with surplus ammo. With handloads I’ve seen under 1 MOA! The 1903 Springfield was the most inherently accurate rifle off the line but the No4 (T) by virtue of being the only sniper rifle purposely built as such was the most accurate.

I get all that, but I feel like a lot of shots either miss or don't headshot, that say, the gewehr m95, would of been able to do. You might as well use the ARs instead, it feels that bad.

• MSKelly1976

I apologize, I was misremembering... For the No4 accuracy acceptance was 6 of 7 shot in a 6x6 inch rectangle at 200 yards. The above standard was the acceptance for No4 (T) sniper rifles... about 2.5 MOA. Most shot better.
  • johnkapa1

Big difference between using handloads or match ammo and using government issued ammo... But even with Greek surplus 200 yards is very doable. You won’t get great groups, but you’ll hit what you’re aiming for.

I use HXP and also 150GR italian M2ball from the 70's. Yeah hand loads make a big different but most handloads for the Garand have to be within spec of original ammo otherwise you risk damaging the op rod.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I saw the Recon's SLRs I told my friends that I think the M1 Garand is going to Recon, With a slim shot of it going to the Assault.

At least if it went to Assault it'd most likely be OP and fun.

Shhhh, listen....Ping
  • MSKelly1976

I use HXP and also 150GR italian M2ball from the 70's. Yeah hand loads make a big different but most handloads for the Garand have to be within spec of original ammo otherwise you risk damaging the op rod.

Only within pressure tolerances. That still allows for a lot of room to play using different pills and powders.

I imagine you’re one of the few competing with surplus ammo.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Whoa I just got into a thread about competitive shooting IRL

:D only in battlefield forums haha

But to sound cool and try and fit in... I don't own many guns, but my favorite I own is a Romak 991 AK47 Semi Auto (believe it's from the 90s?) all polished wood and pretty. Shoots 7.62 x 39mm. I just buy the crap surplus ammo and return that sweet sweet lead to the Earth out back in the desert south of town...

It's a good ol time shootin. Wish more of you city folk had those kind of opportunities. A lot of the gun scares ppl have would melt away with proper education and ownership of fire arms.

Sorry to derail, back to topic at hand!

YES PLEASE ADD THE M1 GARANDDDD
  • One_Called_Kane
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13

You're giving my gun too much credit, it's probably closer to 5, haha.
    Understand when I say accurate I'm speaking relatively, as I don't compete and to me a 2 MOA difference isn't significant, as long as I hear the shots connect. I'm certainly not going to go drive tacks with it, but it's absolutely good enough for me to make rapid, accurate shots on a person-sized target at 100-200m with Ball.

A fresh, mint one? Probably possible to get into the ~2 MOA neighborhood if they were built for purpose, although most of the ones you'll find on the market today have seen better days and are probably in the 5+ MOA range.
    *edit* nevermind, Kelly posted some hard numbers