This Week in Battlefield V

3x scopes are ruining the game

Comments

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Removing 3X scopes from all classes but Recon is the simplest and most necessary fix to balancing all classes at the moment.
  • ackers75
    2390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems lots of recons want easy mode
    Nothing changes I guess
  • ReignerDeustcher
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i only want to be able to choose the reticle
  • KMAsterisk
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Seems lots of recons want easy mode
    Nothing changes I guess

I could be quite wrong but I'd venture the guess that a majority of the posters in this discussion aren't Recon mains. It does feel dirty when you can outsnipe the majority of recons with an assault DMR. Now that doesn't mean I'm looking to take the highroad here, I typically 3x the SLR's myself. That being said, they should consider removing them from the assault/ support class.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Removing 3X scopes from all classes but Recon is the simplest and most necessary fix to balancing all classes at the moment.

Ye, agree.
  • ackers75
    2390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In battlefield 4 you could easily out gun snipers with the dmr.
    Why is this different?
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Honestly all snipers need to have their scopes reduced to between 2.5-4x magnification (rifle depending). No country in WWII had anything higher than 4x except for the US with the Marine Corps 1903a1 and that scope was so prone to failures in the field that many snipers abandoned it for the Army’s 1903a4.

Personally I’d like to see all rifles except recon rifles reduced to irons only.

Wrong!

Germany used 6x and 8x Scopes. Standart was the 4x Ajax. Even 1x Zoom exist but Not for snipers Just for sharpshooters.

Hardly... Germany did use some 6x scopes but they were few and far between and, like the US 8x scopes, unreliable in the field. They never use 1x scopes because “what’s the point!?”, and the idea of a 1x ‘zoom’ is just stupid as there is no zoom. The German military did however use 1.5x scopes in a scout configuration. If you have any documented sources for an 8x scope used by Germany in WWII I, and a lot of historians, would love to see it.

• DingoKillr
    3548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    In battlefield 4 you could easily out gun snipers with the dmr.
    Why is this different?
    Not correct in BF4 BA had 12.5m 1HK, higher zoom/velocity, less drop, bipod and damage allowing to dominate over DMR at short and long range.

DMR in BFV has 2 groups Assault SAR and Recon SLR. At this point BA have a limited advantage over SLR that is 1HK v 2HK, otherwise SLR gain a slight advantage at medium switching to BA at long.

When it comes to SAR they have far more advantages over both SLR and BA, the SAR have 2HK, higher ROF, less recoil, higher velocity, no glint on 3x scopes and less base spread giving advantages into long range.

That is the basic differences.

Removing 3x from SAR will not make a difference as the accuracy is still a issue with 2x or 1.5x, removing or adding glint is still only a minor issues.
    1) Glint needs to be distance based on all scopes.
    2) SLR need a better recoil/ROF
    3) BA need velocity/damage changes
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly all snipers need to have their scopes reduced to between 2.5-4x magnification (rifle depending). No country in WWII had anything higher than 4x except for the US with the Marine Corps 1903a1 and that scope was so prone to failures in the field that many snipers abandoned it for the Army’s 1903a4.

Personally I’d like to see all rifles except recon rifles reduced to irons only.

Wrong!

Germany used 6x and 8x Scopes. Standart was the 4x Ajax. Even 1x Zoom exist but Not for snipers Just for sharpshooters.

Hardly... Germany did use some 6x scopes but they were few and far between and, like the US 8x scopes, unreliable in the field. They never use 1x scopes because “what’s the point!?”, and the idea of a 1x ‘zoom’ is just stupid as there is no zoom. The German military did however use 1.5x scopes in a scout configuration. If you have any documented sources for an 8x scope used by Germany in WWII I, and a lot of historians, would love to see it.

You know that they used Hunting Scopes too?

8x Scopes exist.
  • M_Rat13
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    So even more people can edge map camp with little to no chance for someone attacking an objective to counter? Nah.

I do agree that having no glint on 3x for other classes is funky though, it should be the same for all.

Or maybe we could just remove scope glint all together. Then snipers wouldn't be so easily spotted and actually allowed to kill things.
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You know that they used Hunting Scopes too?

8x Scopes exist.

No, the Germans didn’t... They contracted Zeiss to make scopes for their sniper rifles. And while most scopes had civilian counterparts, the German military did not just slap a hunting scope they got from the local hardware store onto their rifles. And they never used 8x scopes in that role.

If you have documentation that says otherwise post it. Otherwise at best you’re presenting conjecture. Yes, 8x scopes existed but the reality is, for the technology of the time, anything over 4x proved unreliable at holding zero in battlefield conditions.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Omg, No one cares about historical accuracy here. This is a game that we're trying to make more fun and balanced so stop whining about what really did and didn't exist.
  • bloodprizm
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3x scopes actually balance the classes instead of favoring some lump on a hill miles away from the action. I'm looking at you recon.
  • M_Rat13
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bloodprizm wrote: »
    3x scopes actually balance the classes instead of favoring some lump on a hill miles away from the action. I'm looking at you recon.

Nah, the hill humpers are now all Assualt players lol.

Recon players now just watch on as the enemy dodges out of the way of their slow bullet. It also doesn't help Recon still lights up like a Christmas tree when aiming. Scope glint just isn't nescessary anymore, IMO.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The removal of 3x scopes from Assault and Support is about all that DICE needs to do to balance the game. Iron sights, holo sights and 2x scopes should be the choices. I am not a hill humper sniper type either. Mainly assault and medic.
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    man ive been mainly playing recon latly 2day 4 hrs playtine 2.0kd( not the best but i like to mess are sometimes...)... i have no problem vs anyother class.
    only conplaints are:
    -SLRs have too much scope bounce after shooting(zh29 isnt too bad...)
    -SLRs damage falloff range is way too short its that of the assult 40-50 meters which shout be 80-90m...(mind out i plah up close and in your face and its still a noticeable problem...)
    -Damage on Bolt-Actions is a little low. for the most part
    - Spotflares are ridiculous. you shouldnt ve able to resupply at ammo crates....instead they should regenerate. (ive shot 7,100 spot flares at this point in time.)
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bolt actions shouldnt have a Damage Fall Off Range.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's literally my default optic on every weapon that can have a 3x.

They should definitely remove it from assault and support and make it recon exclusive.
  • CracKxEm
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    It's literally my default optic on every weapon that can have a 3x.

They should definitely remove it from assault and support and make it recon exclusive.

why?
  • Bryjo3
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    Literally anyone who doesn't agree that 3x scopes are broken for both support and assault is delusional. They are so far superior in any engagement beyond like 5 meters that you are literally gimping yourself for not using them. BFV is all about being able to kill at range, there is hardly any "fighting around a point" outside of a few specific flags and even that fighting it is usually best to post up somewhere with a 3x scope and kill people that come across open areas.

In what world is camping/proning with a 3x scope not the current "meta" in BFV? Are we playing the same game? Why would you ever use the 1x scope or iron sights? They hardly even offer ADS speed advantages, especially with the right perks. Like Assault is brokenly overpowered in this game and DMR/3x scope is a big reason why. Funny enough, the best Support weapons kind've function like assault weapons (KE7). It's no mystery, 3x scopes combined with laser accuracy at range (i.e. no significant damage or accuracy dropoff like in previous games) make assaults with 3x overpowered as hell.
This discussion has been closed.