Weekly Debrief

Right, who's the idiot in charge of making the Stug IV?

M_Rat13
1064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Becuase if you look at the Lightning Strikes ranks, and go to rank 36, there is a skin for the Stug IV. However, it is not the skin that has made me angry, it's the Stug IV itself....

Who was the absolute fruit cake who decided it should have the short barrel 75 mm stock?! It is a tank destroyer! What is it doing with a peashooter!

Dice, please, if you don't want the Stug IV to be the laughing stock of the community, give it the long barrel 75 mm, please! If you wanted a gun upgrade, you could of just had the long barrel 75 changed for the 105 mm howitzer! It's almost as if you know nothing about tank destroyers!

I need a drink....

Comments

• SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yay, another tank thread...
  • M_Rat13
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SOULJ4R wrote: »

If you don't like talking about tanks, go play COD, lol.
  • Broliszibaila
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly, they already told people that they dont care much about WW2 by showing us BF5 trailer. What do you expect? They are incompetent.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    SOULJ4R wrote: »

If you don't like talking about tanks, go play COD, lol.

Instead of making tank threads... go play world of tanks?
  • Noodlesocks
    2890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's more fun to unlock the fun things.
  • M_Rat13
    It's more fun to unlock the fun things.

You won't be able to unlock them, becuase your tiny little gun won't be able to kill things from the front.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yeah, it’s kinda weird since StuG IVs were produced as tank destroyers since 1943, not infantry support guns like early models of StuG III.
    They were never equipped with short barrel guns.

it should be equipped with 75mm/48 by default, which is slightly stronger than 75mm/43 of Panzer IV F2.

But you know, DICE hates historical correctness. They did it on purpose, I guess. If you criticize that, you’re politically incorrect. :p
  • M_Rat13
    yeah, it’s kinda weird since StuG IVs were produced as tank destroyers since 1943, not infantry support guns like early models of StuG III.
    They were never equipped with short barrel guns.

it should be equipped with 75mm/48 by default, which is slightly stronger than 75mm/43 of Panzer IV F2.

But you know, DICE hates historical correctness. They did it on purpose, I guess. If you criticize that, you’re politically incorrect. :p

Thank you!

I've honestly been able to hand wave a lot of stuff, but this just really bugged me. I want my tank destroyer to be able to, you know, kill tanks.
  • jlayton1982
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    The Stug IV never had the short barrel 75mm L/24 cannon, which was on the Sturmgeshutz III until the F model introduced the 75mm L/43 cannon before finishing with the 75mm L/48 on the F/8 and G models.
    The Stug IV entered the war in late 1943 with the 75mm L/48 and ended the war with the 75mm L/48 cannon.

They should have added the Stug III instead as it better fits the timeframe of the game at present as it was present during the Battle of France in 1940.
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oy Vey. What a mess. I guess no one bothered to Wikipedia?
  • M_Rat13

Or even looked at what they made.

Seriously, just look at it! It looks so bad and out of place!

You know what it reminds me of, Voldermort, that's who, and the gun is his nose (or lack thereof). And no one has ever called Voldermort good looking.
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps it was a conscious decision to improve mobility of the model as a longer barrel could impede descending steep hills or traversing in built up areas?
  • jlayton1982
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Or even looked at what they made.

Seriously, just look at it! It looks so bad and out of place!

You know what it reminds me of, Voldermort, that's who, and the gun is his nose (or lack thereof). And no one has ever called Voldermort good looking.

The should've added the Stug III instead.. It was the most produced German armoured vehicle of WW2 as well as holding the most tank kills. Plus it fits the time frame.
  • jlayton1982
    Perhaps it was a conscious decision to improve mobility of the model as a longer barrel could impede descending steep hills or traversing in built up areas?

It's a non existent tank model though. It just looks plain wrong.
  • M_Rat13

The version in the trailer had the long barrel gun though lol.
  • jlayton1982

I wonder do you have to spec it upto the long barrel?
  • M_Rat13

I wonder do you have to spec it upto the long barrel?

It seems so, at least from the information we have. The long barrel has been seen, but the stock tank we see in the chapter rewards has the short barrel. Logically, that means the long barrel is an upgrade.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like i said in another thread: typical Dice bias against the german Vehicles. And i predicted that the british Archer will be far superior to the Stug IV
  • lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wait- is this tank even able to be used yet? I haven't seen it anywhere
  • M_Rat13
    Wait- is this tank even able to be used yet? I haven't seen it anywhere

Week 5 of the current ToW. As of writing, about 1-2 days away. You can also see the Ross mk iii will be available at some point, from another skin you can unlock for it, like the skin for the Stug IV, which is how I saw the model. Press menu of the BFV home screen to check the ToW ranks and the unlocks.
This discussion has been closed.