Take advantage Before it's gone.

Vang509
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Love how the frag rifle getting a Nerf now everyone is using it before it's gone lol.

Comments

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ???
    What are you on about?
    I've not seen an increase in Frag Rifle Use. Also, the update went out earlier today and no announcements of new updates. Patch notes don't even mention "frag rifle" anywhere, nor "frag" or "rifle."
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ???
    What are you on about?
    I've not seen an increase in Frag Rifle Use. Also, the update went out earlier today and no announcements of new updates. Patch notes don't even mention "frag rifle" anywhere, nor "frag" or "rifle."

The frag rifle is nerfed in this upcoming patch. If you are too close it will not explode, it will bounce. Devs have posted videos on it
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ???
    What are you on about?

The frag rifle is nerfed in this upcoming patch. If you are too close it will not explode, it will bounce. Devs have posted videos on it

But the smoke rifle 'isn't' supposed to be affected.

I say this becuase I have a sneaking suspicion a bug will mean the smoke rifle is also affected....
  • Kongo030
    620 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only spam is Piats right now
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    The only spam is Piats right now

I've seen more people spam PIATs than frag rifles.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    ???
    What are you on about?

Link me to that video?
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I seen the video, looks daft now. Just remove it from the game instead of making so dumb.
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMO, I find it to be a good idea. Now you can ricochet the grenade around a corner if you aim it right.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    I seen the video, looks daft now. Just remove it from the game instead of making so dumb.

Or you could, I dunno, git gud....
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, basically a decent weapon that I barely saw anyway gets nerfed. Heaven forbid that grenades actually kill people. You still had to be somewhat accurate too since the splash damage was pretty low.

But the AA tanks killing infantry across the map? Nah, those are A-OK!
  • M_Rat13
    Yeah, basically a decent weapon that I barely saw anyway gets nerfed. Heaven forbid that grenades actually kill people. You still had to be somewhat accurate too since the splash damage was pretty low.

Normal tanks are getting buffed, so should now be able to kill AA tanks, not the other way around which was just stupid.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Normal tanks are getting buffed, so should now be able to kill AA tanks, not the other way around which was just stupid.

Just goes to show how much attention they paid to tank play. They're mostly here just for ambiental reasons, as a nice backdrop in the promo shots and videos.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Vang509 wrote: »
    Love how the frag rifle getting a Nerf now everyone is using it before it's gone lol.

Everyone has been using it already. That's why the nerf is coming in the first place.

Go play some small game modes like Domination. A lot of assault players have been running around with that thing as their primary weapon until they run out of ammo for weeks. Combo that with the PIAT and you've got a few easy guaranteed kills.

That's why it's being nerfed.

It's probably not as common in large game modes where there's also vehicles to combat, so you'd want an anti-tank gadget instead. But it's spammed like crazy in infantry modes.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vang509 wrote: »

Every time I get killed by one, I shake my head and think "n00b tube". It's really super easy to get kills with it. Glad it is getting a much needed nerf.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I hate to say "in real life" because everyone seems to hate that.. but in real life, it is for your own safety.. if you accidentally shoot it within 10 feet of yourself (for example) it hasn't spun enough times to become active--otherwise it would kill you instead of the enemy. There should be a mode where we have to clean up after a proper game of CQ and mark all UXO's (unexploded ordinances) with tiny white flags so EOD can come remove them before the next match. Reality bites.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

I hate to say "in real life" because everyone seems to hate that.. but in real life, it is for your own safety.. if you accidentally shoot it within 10 feet of yourself (for example) it hasn't spun enough times to become active--otherwise it would kill you instead of the enemy. There should be a mode where we have to clean up after a proper game of CQ and mark all UXO's (unexploded ordinances) with tiny white flags so EOD can come remove them before the next match. Reality bites.

You're thinking of RPGs or other modern day launched grenade. Rifle grenade in this game is just a regular frag put into a cup launcher that thanks to vidya games is fused to explode on impact.
  • bran1986
    5601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Should have been nerfed a month ago. Now move it to the piat/panzerfaust gadget slot.
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The reason people run around with the grenade launcher is because there are assignments that want you to get kills with explosives. That’s an easy way to do it. That’s why I did it at least. As many have pointed out, the assignments force you to play in ways contrary to what you would normally do.
  • DukeSan27
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone remember M320 LVG from BF4? We just traded on noob weapon for another.