Get rid of the spotting when falling back.

prisoner_519362
22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
When having to fall back would be nice if I wasn’t highlighted like a Christmas tree. Bfv

Comments

• Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And it solves the issue of someone being hidden and just camping while the tickets are whittled down.

Realistic? No. But that's the risk you take. When you see both flags are about to be captured do you start to fall back and ensure you lose them or try push them and possibly get stranded and highlighted.
  • javawockyPS
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Eh no. Its designed to force the team to fallback and keep the flow of the game moving forward. Anyway, you have about 20 secs before being highlighted
  • prisoner_519362
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I get it but when you just finished pushing the objective and then we lose it because my team is horrible and now I have to run a mile to not be spotted. It’s like a big screw you for playing the objective.
  • Hawxxeye
    7823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    do as I do and redeploy and they wont able to get points from your death
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You know this will happen. You have 20 secs to get out. This is only a problem if you stay hidden in some dark corner and want to remain there undetected.
    There is a new objective now. Go play it.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    You know this will happen. You have 20 secs to get out. This is only a problem if you stay hidden in some dark corner and want to remain there undetected.

It must be hard being that effing savage.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I was only giving advice I do not play this way myself. In my case I know what will happen all the time... I'll die :). But then again one can re-spawn at the new objective so no harm done...
    'Spected you @MachoFantast1c0 yesterday BTW (pressed wrong btn by accident when I wanted to join server). Looked as if you were up against a cheater. Spected the guy for a while and there were some odd situations when he ran directly to some guys he should not possibly know about, too short to be really 100% sure though. Turns out a friend joined on me while specting, then I joined on him as the next round started (you left)... There we were with the possible cheater in the other team but I ended up killing him five times in a row (I have no idea how that happened, 3 times was in an MAA) and he rage quit I think (probably thought I cheated). After that we won the whole evening playing the s*t out of the objectives. Frontlines is fun when one is winning but quite frustrating when losing. More so than Conquest for some reason.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I was only giving advice I do not play this way myself. In my case I know what will happen all the time... I'll die :). But then again one can re-spawn at the new objective so no harm done...
    'Spected you @MachoFantast1c0 yesterday BTW (pressed wrong btn by accident when I wanted to join server). Looked as if you were up against a cheater. Spected the guy for a while and there were some odd situations when he ran directly to some guys he should not possibly know about, too short to be really 100% sure though. Turns out a friend joined on me while specting, then I joined on him as the next round started (you left)... There we were with the possible cheater in the other team but I ended up killing him five times in a row (I have no idea how that happened, 3 times was in an MAA) and he rage quit I think (probably thought I cheated). After that we won the whole evening playing the s*t out of the objectives. Frontlines is fun when one is winning but quite frustrating when losing. More so than Conquest for some reason.

Lol pawning that guy is awesome. I remember seeing a notification of you joining, but not seeing you on the roster made me think it was Origin acting up as usual. It was probably around early evening and I had to take the dog out, as usual.

Yeah, it's quite possible there was a guy walling. Nowadays I feel like I'm up against suspicious guys almost on a daily basis. I try not to get fixated on it, and play along if I feel like it doesn't affect my performance. I only drop out to spectate if they are playing better than me, otherwise I feel like it's a waste of time. The easiest recourse is to switch servers after the round or a few.

Frontlines is awesome when there's a semblance of balance on the server, and you have a decent squad and team. I think loosing big or getting stomped is more frustrating in Frontlines because you will be personally bearing the brunt of the oncoming attack as your teammates are either camping back or total vegetables that can't do anything to slow the enemy down. If you play the objective, you have no choice in where to go and be, unlike other modes. I usually switch servers after getting stomped twice, since it will be unlikely that things change up enough to give a fighting chance.
  • mikebostonmike
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The big problem with it is how close to the final objectives the cut-off point is. It's rare that you can push the enemies back and cap the flag after defending your objectives because their whole team is already on the point by the time you can start running toward it. I feel like the out-of-bounds area should be maybe halfway into the previous objective. A lot of times the only way to end a stalemate going back and forth between two points is to hang out near the next objective while your team caps the previous one. You can't do that on the base objectives so you just end up stalemating for 30 minutes.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wait, is this Breakthrough or Frontlines? Both have a retreat mechanic.
    I don't think it kicks in for like 20 seconds, giving you a chance to get out entirely undetected, especially if you were near the objectives. Players who were sat way forward trying to camp attackers running past should get highlighted if they take too long to move or try to just continue camping.
    I do agree with the guy above that in Frontlines, once a team pushes all the way to the enemies' final objectives, it can be very difficult for the defensive team to ouch back if the objectives aren't all destroyed in one go. This is because the attackers control the objective area already, so it's much easier to defend, and often as soon as the last attacker in the wave dies people will just swarm that objective, which makes it harder for the Defense team to retake it and have a chance.
  • prisoner_519362

I PTFO. trust me it’s a problem when you’re on the objective trying to take it before they cap it.

I can’t just run out in the open to try and get away. 20 seconds doesn’t give me enough time to kill the guys around me then make a run for it before I’m spotted.

redeploy.. < noob tactics.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just play Conquest, which is less restrictive and overall just plain better than Frontlines/Breakthrough and you'll never have this problem again.
  • prisoner_519362
    Battlefield is dead... sad but true.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When having to fall back would be nice if I wasn’t highlighted like a Christmas tree. Bfv

Easy fix: play Conquest only, and never fall back.
  • prisoner_519362
    Astr0damus wrote: »

Easy fix: play Conquest only, and never fall back.

And then fell asleep Zzzz... haha