Battlefield is dead...

prisoner_519362
22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 21
Apex came out of no where and works better than battlefield?? Smh.

Let me clear this up. The game is still playable if you choose to play it... the battlefield I loved and remember is dead.
Post edited by prisoner_519362 on

Comments

• M_Rat13
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I have had a good history lesson (learned about a Russian female sniper squad) and now I'm ready for modern combat again. Like kj, I don't like futuristic shooters, but I also don't like bayonets, horses nor blimps either, they belong in museums and history books. I would like the M-16 back from BF3--that was a good weapon (with ACOG scope), I believe it also had an under-barrel M203 grenade launcher/smoke launcher. I disagree with OP that BF series is dead.. I'm just ready for BF 6 or Bad Company 3.

Personally, I hate modern shooters. The guns have zero feel to them, it's like I'm shooting peanuts. And ARs are so OP in modern settings, with zero disadvantages. Not a fan.

Strangely though, a lot of these problems disappear in futuristic settings. Just look at BF2142. I wouldn't mind going back to that setting instead of yet another bland modern game.
  • EvilGoat_51
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    I have had a good history lesson (learned about a Russian female sniper squad) and now I'm ready for modern combat again. Like kj, I don't like futuristic shooters, but I also don't like bayonets, horses nor blimps either, they belong in museums and history books. I would like the M-16 back from BF3--that was a good weapon (with ACOG scope), I believe it also had an under-barrel M203 grenade launcher/smoke launcher. I disagree with OP that BF series is dead.. I'm just ready for BF 6 or Bad Company 3.

I saw a video on YouTube that "leaked" BF2020. It is supposedly BFBC3, With a mix of Vietnam and Modern setting, going back to the style of BF3/4. Also, it's been in development since 2017 by DICE LA. I can't verify how legitimate it is though.

I'm ready for a Modern BF as well, I wasn't around for BF4, and while it's still fun, I missed out on a lot of good stuff.

Well that just sounds like a complete and total catastrophe. Rest in piece BF franchise if that is true.

How so?
  • parkingbrake
    2387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kjgregoire wrote: »
    I don’t like battle royale games. I don’t like futuristic shooters.

I do like period shooters with large maps and vehicles. Even if it is imperfect, battlefield 5 is fun for me.

Yeah, irritants aside, I'm still having fun. But I feel it could be time for someone other than DICE to do the next title, they seem a bit lost.
  • BoWinston
    951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What’s the difference between Battle Royale and Gunmaster from BF3 & 4? Isn’t it the last one standing wins? Seems like an old and tired game mode to me that wasn’t very fun.
  • DocCuda418
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BoWinston wrote: »
    What’s the difference between Battle Royale and Gunmaster from BF3 & 4? Isn’t it the last one standing wins? Seems like an old and tired game mode to me that wasn’t very fun.

Youtube a game of fortnite and watch it, that's battle royale. Gun Master just made players cycle through the weapons and is kind of interesting to play to get some experience with new guns later when you start to get a little bored, I never played it much.
  • letsroll9eleven
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    I
    [quote="Astr0damus;c-1472767"'m ready for a Modern BF as well, I wasn't around for BF4, and while it's still fun, I missed out on a lot of good stuff.

Still plenty of servers on BF4. I play every day
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Apex Legends is a mild diversion. It's repetitive like all BR games. BFV will be fine, still enjoying it a lot despite the many problems.
  • TFBisquit
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

Personally, I hate modern shooters. The guns have zero feel to them, it's like I'm shooting peanuts. And ARs are so OP in modern settings, with zero disadvantages. Not a fan.

Strangely though, a lot of these problems disappear in futuristic settings. Just look at BF2142. I wouldn't mind going back to that setting instead of yet another bland modern game.

While the starter weapons were decent, the unlocked ones were much better, giving an advantage over newbies. Then the support spamming with the auto turrets. RDX glitchers to reach rooftops inaccesible otherwise.
    Nah, same statpadders, same glitchers, nade spam etc etc.
    Come to think of it, those players are 12 years older now. Probably having their own family. I wonder if they still glitch, or worse.
    But I’m ready for bf 2143.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    I play and buy only Battlefield games so, If next BF game is futuristic, ain't gonna buy it. That said, BFV is the best BF game ever created from DICE - HANDS DOWN , it just need more maps, content and balancing. At the end of the day, It's not so very much after all.
  • mattd3162014
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    Apex simply finishes off dying Battlefield 5. Who's responsible for BF5 failure? Apex? No. DICE? Yes.
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    Apex simply finishes off dying Battlefield 5. Who's responsible for BF5 failure? Apex? No. DICE? Yes.[/quo

The game is hardly a failure i found 108 full servers yesterday in conquest EU alone,I bet you are one of those kids that just likes to join the hate train and believe everything you read from all the other crybabies
  • Hawxxeye
    4114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is not dead yet
    It was simply prematurely born (EA broke DICE's waters early) and so it currently lives in an incubator until it can grow enough to be able to live a normal life