Weekly Debrief

Battlefield is dead...

Comments

• Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Apex Legends is a mild diversion. It's repetitive like all BR games. BFV will be fine, still enjoying it a lot despite the many problems.

Cap flag insta death, cap flag insta death, cap flag insta death!

Repetitive like that you mean?

Let me know when BR games will offer something more then dm/tdm variation with 1 life and ultra campfest. Oh and when they will have 8+ maps.

Playing one map with no goal except stay alive is fun for 1-2 afternoons, i expect from games bit more.....

• QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apex Legends is a mild diversion. It's repetitive like all BR games. BFV will be fine, still enjoying it a lot despite the many problems.

But in essence isn't that the quintessential FPS game?.

What's the alternative?

Cap flag - Morris dance - cap flag - cup of tea.

Dying is part of it..we aren't playing tiddlywinks.

The only thing dead that I can see is the logic behind all these multiple "the game is dying/dead/trash" threads.

Its almost at the level of Monty Pythons parrot sketch.

Its not dead.. Its a Scandinavian game and its pining for the fjord's!!!!

• Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cant even get Apex to run - white screen - and when i fix that - its very choppy and slow and times out - none of my other AAA games have issues - good job it was free - its crap b4 i have even tried it
  • PoppaPappo
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not a big fan of BR games either, but I get the sense a lot of people have no idea how Fortnite is actually played. You don’t just run around mindlessly or have a camp fest. I mean, you know why it’s called FORTnite, right? Because constructing forts is a big part of the game.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I have had a good history lesson (learned about a Russian female sniper squad) and now I'm ready for modern combat again. Like kj, I don't like futuristic shooters, but I also don't like bayonets, horses nor blimps either, they belong in museums and history books. I would like the M-16 back from BF3--that was a good weapon (with ACOG scope), I believe it also had an under-barrel M203 grenade launcher/smoke launcher. I disagree with OP that BF series is dead.. I'm just ready for BF 6 or Bad Company 3.

I saw a video on YouTube that "leaked" BF2020. It is supposedly BFBC3, With a mix of Vietnam and Modern setting, going back to the style of BF3/4. Also, it's been in development since 2017 by DICE LA. I can't verify how legitimate it is though.

I'm ready for a Modern BF as well, I wasn't around for BF4, and while it's still fun, I missed out on a lot of good stuff.

This could bring BF back to life and bring sexy back. No more historic shooters. BF1 and BFV are proof that they don't have the staying power and people get bored with the genre quickly. That "churn rate" says it all.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There are varying game modes in BFV, some of them are not fun but at least there is variety.

I'd vary your play style if that's what happening for you, try Recon with flare gun, Support MMG camper or Sqaud Conquest as a medic!
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ohhhh look another BFV dead thread with guy who quits. Ciao man no one will miss you
  • ackers75
    2395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13

Let me know when BR games will offer something more then dm/tdm variation with 1 life and ultra campfest. Oh and when they will have 8+ maps.

Playing one map with no goal except stay alive is fun for 1-2 afternoons, i expect from games bit more.....

Yeah odd that because I expect more from games too!
    Something like reasonable netcode and and med kits not falling through the floor.

Even fortnite has a more tactical edge compared to battlefield v
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah odd that because I expect more from games too!
    Something like reasonable netcode and and med kits not falling through the floor.

Even fortnite has a more tactical edge compared to battlefield v

''Even fortnite has a more tactical edge compared to battlefield v''ROFL Nooo it does not lol that is the most stupid comment i have seen yet.People just don`t get it yet these maps are designed in a way the give everyone a chance to flank the enemy for a change instead of running straight into a meat grinder like op metro,all of the blueberries that are complaining just have not grasped this yet.They are stuck in bad habbits from COD and previous battlefield and need to learn to adapt they`re playstyle instead of crying about being killed by an op weapon or someone who simply outplayed them.I think the map design in battlefield v is genius Bravo Dice.I say quit crying and actually learn the games mechanics and learn to change playstyle before crying.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I
    [quote="Astr0damus;c-1472767"'m ready for a Modern BF as well, I wasn't around for BF4, and while it's still fun, I missed out on a lot of good stuff.

Still plenty of servers on BF4. I play every day

I play often, it's just most servers are running Siege, Golmud, Locker or a few select maps. So there are a lot of maps I won't be able to play on, and a bunch of other stuff I wasn't around for.

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's more accurate to say that Apex has killed ongoing content dev for BFV. Roadmap will dead-end soon.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why not play both?
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe if it wasn't a battle royale game, but it is. So I'm not interested.
  • F8RGE
    6 postsMember, EA Community Manager
    Very few games are ever "dead". Battlefield V (and / or the series) isn't one of them.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    I think it's more accurate to say that Apex has killed ongoing content dev for BFV. Roadmap will dead-end soon.

Apex is developed by Respawn.

BFV is developed by DICE.

Why is EA going to abandon BFV for Apex? They are made by different studios, how are they not going to sustain both?