#BringBackPremium

Comments

• fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can always send them money, they will gladly take it off you hands
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    Without premium there wont be new maps. Simple fact. We may get 3-4 maps in bf5 life cycle and thats it. Dont expect 12-16 maps as in Bf 3,4,1 and Hardline.

Maps are most difficult to create and require many people and very long time, its not thing you can make in 1 afternoon like some cosmetic or even gun. Single map takes months to create.

Nobody will do this for free, so yes people screamed to get rid off premium and now they scream to get more maps. Wont work...

I hope you're aware the game wasn't free, yet it's designed as a free to play with microtransactions, but please, provide us with more of that behind the scenes insight.

3 to 4 maps in 2 years? I'd like to hold you to that.

We have no clue what will come after march 2019, till then we will have only 2 new maps. One currently released support only 1 gamemode....

Game didnt sold well so i expect life support will be cut to one year only unless many many people start buying cosmetics once boins are released.

Its costs now 30 euros and for that you got more then enough content already. Yes i wish to have double amount of maps cause i like the game, but this wont happen without premium unless thousands will be buying skins.

that's the thing though. I don't think I'm the only one who does not want a 30 dollar value Battlefield Game. especially after paying full price. I want a content rich battlefield that has historically been a 100 dollar price tag with premium. I want a 100 dollar value battlefield game. not a hollow shell that gets a price cut because the playebased wised up to its low value. I was excited to here the player base won't get split up but at what cost?
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Premium was THE WORST aspect about previous titles and absolutely held them back from their full potential. Premium is as predatory as micro transactions and especially so when the games HAVE micro transactions as well. I mean, BF1 only got good once they started releasing DLCs for free and I was finally able to play the maps I paid for, but then why the hell did I have to pay full price, but everyone else got them free? So what, I paid $50 for a couple weapons skins and dog tags no one used?

Paid content like maps in multiplayer games is one of the worst things ever introduced to gaming. Shame on you for promoting it.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Premium was THE WORST aspect about previous titles and absolutely held them back from their full potential. Premium is as predatory as micro transactions and especially so when the games HAVE micro transactions as well. I mean, BF1 only got good once they started releasing DLCs for free and I was finally able to play the maps I paid for, but then why the hell did I have to pay full price, but everyone else got them free? So what, I paid $50 for a couple weapons skins and dog tags no one used?

Paid content like maps in multiplayer games is one of the worst things ever introduced to gaming. Shame on you for promoting it.

Show me the game where you get 12-16 high quality entirely new mp maps which support up to 64 players and 5+ different gamemodes.

There is none, only those where you pay for it - premium, season passes, year passes.

So yes without premium we must get used that we wont see many new maps, but instead tons of cosmetics. Sure those will keep you playing the game for year+....
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sooo, if "no premium" is the reason why bfv is so bad..im willing to pay for premium it if we get better games then..
    to pay for a good game is not the problem..to pay the same price for a bad one is..
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Show me the game where you get 12-16 high quality entirely new mp maps which support up to 64 players and 5+ different gamemodes.

There is none, only those where you pay for it - premium, season passes, year passes.

So yes without premium we must get used that we wont see many new maps, but instead tons of cosmetics. Sure those will keep you playing the game for year+....

Titanfall 2 did a pretty good job at that.

"12-16 high quality" is a little subjective. I personally didn't care for many of the BF4 map packs aside from Dragon's Teeth, and with BF1, I played Operations, which were mostly vanilla maps.
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    Pay for what, exactly? For EA to actually finish a half finished product? For more maps that'll sit empty a week later because they're only available to premium players?

I think you've lost your mind.

The solution is so simple: premium, but all players can get into all maps regardless of whether or not they own prem. Prem could be everything from early access to those maps, extra weaps, cosmetics, etc etc. And the map packs should release faster.

Yeah, can't argue with that. I'd probably even buy that version of premium.
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2019

Did a good job at what? Giving players 1 new multiplayer map, 5 remastered multiplayer maps, and 3 tiny, CoD-style maps that you could only play 1 titan-less game mode on? No new pilots, no new weapons?

So, basically: 1 new map, 1 new titan, a titan-less CoD-style game mode, and a bots-only mode.

I would take 12 brand new premium maps -- released 4 at a time -- that are playable in every game mode over what titanfall 2 got any day.
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seriously, if you want new maps, pay extra for them....If you don't wanna pay, then shut up and don't play on new maps.

If you're really THAT damn broke, then you shouldn't really be splashing out on videogames anyway -- Go get a job!
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »

Did a good job at what? Giving players 1 new multiplayer map, 5 remastered multiplayer maps, and 3 tiny, CoD-style maps that you could only play 1 titan-less game mode on? No new pilots, no new weapons?

So, basically: 1 new map, 1 new titan, a titan-less CoD-style game mode, and a bots-only mode.

I would take 12 brand new premium maps -- released 4 at a time -- that are playable in every game mode over what titanfall 2 got any day.

I'd look up that info first before writing a rebuttal.
  • beat_strandh
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

sad but true

I was so glad when Dice was talking about not splitting the community etc etc... but I dont care about that anymore. I want lots of new maps to play. I can pay... and also I think everyone who likes this game alot would pay for new maps. Only new maps will make players wanna play the game for years not cosmetic and boring assignments.
  • suffice_ls
    edited February 2019
    I'd look up that info first before writing a rebuttal.

I played the game for about 6 months, but sure, you can go look that info up.

Free DLC killed Titanfall 2....apart from the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ DLC, there was nothing to unlock by levelling up and/or doing challenges -- apart from some crappy profile banners and 1 or 2 half-okay lookin', non-generic camos for some titans.

• PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

The original Star Wars: Battlefront 2 from 2005 gave you all that and more, with the exception of 64 players, but that’s just because it was 2005. (Edit: it had 24 maps at LAUNCH!)

Many games from that era and before gave you more content. It wasn’t until later that companies figured out the “Premium” scam where they could break apart a game and get people to pay extra. Only young people who didn’t know any better or how things were before were accepting of that nonsense.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    #TooLateForThat
  • paka90
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Premium for me with the next game....As for splitting the player base people are not happy with this hardcore light game set up anyway .....Normal would be great for me as a part time player (as BF was before) and hardcore mode for the serious gamer....server rentals and more maps would also be included as it would be costed into the full game by EA and DICE at conception.
    The hardcore guys would love the camo set up and visibility as it is.
    We could have spotting back.

Just on a side note.....We played bf3/4 as a full clan ( 21 players ) for years on those games with our own server....BF1 had poor server control so we didn't bother with one.
    On this game there is only 3 of us left playing as of now...Everyone else has moved on to other games.
    Just my thoughts.

• Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm willing to pay

I'm not.

I already paid £50 to essentially be a BETA tester.
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'd take 16 more maps for $50 any day. I am a Battlefield fan and like the idea of giving my money to the developer especially if I know there will be 16 more maps and more weapons etc.
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    F8RGE wrote: »
    If we did, this thread would be titled "get rid of premium".

nyep.gif

• JollyJester
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    #Gameisdying