You're In Charge. What Do You Change?

Comments

• eQmBloodyNightXx
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    removed all 3x scopes for non sniper classes. Fully removed 3D spotting. and few little things like more weapons opened to be used by different classes.
    Warning ! Those scopes have always been this way in BF. I don't know if you've played BF4/BF3, but the assault weapons like the M-16 were able to carry some x8 scopes and bi-pods. For more, they don't delete that features for some matters of realism I suppose.
  • eQmBloodyNightXx
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Easy... delete the game and start from scratch^^
    Maybe making a "Battlefield 3 Remastered".. Damn I'm missing that game..
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks, everyone, for your input. I've enjoyed reading the very different opinions that come from what you would change. There really are some superb ideas in this thread so far.

After reading everyone's changes, so many of them seem so common sense in hindsight that I wonder how DICE could have missed such easy fixes.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On this game? Nothing. Release a few more maps, Firestorm and weapons to keep ppl a bit busy.
    I would focus everything on the next game and make it the best bf game ever.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone, for your input. I've enjoyed reading the very different opinions that come from what you would change. There really are some superb ideas in this thread so far.

After reading everyone's changes, so many of them seem so common sense in hindsight that I wonder how DICE could have missed such easy fixes.

I will tell you how the obvious things were missed. Whomever was placed in charge of managing the development of the game was inexperienced and was(is) in over their head so to speak. Thinking of it like chess. In chess when you make a move, you also think about whats goiing to happen next and the move after that and the move after that. Sometimes thinking 5 moves ahead before making a move. This type of thinking has not been part of the development of the game. Multiple decisions have been made without any thought of the what happens afterwards, what are the consequences, how will it impact gameplay, etc. Like be prone your back. At first thought it sounds like a cool idea. and moving around while bleeding out. But now we know combing those are at least partly to blame for a few issues, specifically viability. Its often hard to distinguish between a body bleeding out and somebody prone on their back. Its often it takes more than 2 seconds to see the difference which gets you killed. While in all prior games, you instantly knew the difference.
  • Johnny__Rogueps3
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Add better clan support. Larger battles and more ppl per game. Imagine panzerstorm or hamada with 128 players + double the vehicles.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The marketing... it was terrible. Also... RSP, RSP, RSP.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Scrap the game and start over.
    Also clean house... Including these paid trolls in the official forums lol.
  • One_Called_Kane
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. I would dearly have loved to see faction-locked weapons, even if it means having to include more obscure or later-war weapons (Turner, StG, etc) to allow for balance. As a German I want to be able to hear a Bren gun shooting on the other side of a building and know that it actually is an enemy. Not just lazy reskins either, but actual asymmetrical balance, at least as much as is practical.

2. In the same vein as above, further fleshing out the vehicles to emphasize their differences. Multiple options for each faction depending on how you wanted to play (e.g. have your German heavy be Panther OR Tiger, British medium be the Cromwell OR Valentine, etc) with differences between the choices that actually make a difference. Aircraft get the same treatment and a skybox that makes energy fighters more useful.

2b. I mean hell while I'm asking for the moon how about an armor penetration system and deeper flight mechanics with energy management?

3. Personally I'm fine with the way the maps are releasing "chronologically" as the war "progresses", but I want a full road map from the beginning telling me when content is going to come out (within reason, changes and delays happen, but at least a rough idea) so the forums aren't filled with children asking where the Russians/Americans/Pacific/Garand/etc are for the 2475652nd time. I feel like this is fair to ask for. If you are going to provide a live service, own it. Especially if you are expecting people to drop money on it.

3b. Maps are a big thing people are asking for, and depending on how involved a process it would be, something that may work is bringing maps over from older BF titles where the locations are relevant or ambiguous (e.g. a 1940-ized Sienne Crossing or Silk Road) people are saying half the guns are just ports from BF1, why not port over a map or two?

4. Really enjoy the gunplay so keep it the way it is for the most part. Would like to adjust the balance between weapons somewhat, though.
    I would like to see the buckshot perform around where it was in BF3-BF4 and give slugs their headshot OHK at any range back. Let RSC and Model 8 OHK headshot within 15m so there is a good reason to use them over the other two SLRs. More smokes for medics so they can have more opportunity to close distance with enemies. MMGs users could have an option to deploy a fixed tripod for their weapon which would allow them to engage targets at long range in exchange for a longer setup time and a more exposed position.
    Adjustment between weapons so that Support and Assault players are not running around with higher-velocity weapons than the Recons. Get rid of scope glint on at least the 3x, but I would say get rid of it altogether and see how much of an impact it makes and adjust accordingly, which dovetails nicely into the next point.

5. Bring back the test servers. Seriously, so many problems in the last three months could have been avoided if these had still existed it's honestly sad. I don't know what the logic was behind removing those but they need to come back now.

6. Little things, but stuff like little obstacles on the ground that your character gets caught on, ledges or snowdrifts that are inexplicably impassible, terrain you slide down for no reason, things that aren't visibly on fire setting your character alight from 6 feet away, the 'spawn point not available' bug? Those need to be gone.
    In all fairness those are the kinds of things that are almost certainly already being worked on, but they are still worth mentioning because they are annoying and they have either been fixed in previous BF games or have never before been a problem.

7. No more having to manually track assignments. This is a needless complication that serves no purpose, get rid of it. The game has enough sources of annoyance that occur on their own without building them into the game.

8. Allow for 5-6 man squads, and increase player count from 64 to 70 or 72 to allow for each team to have all full squads. Let players customize their squad leader call-ins, so that they can decide between say a V1 OR Artillery/Airstrike, or different call-in vehicle options. Just stuff to give the player a little variety or something to work to unlock.

9. Sometimes I feel like soldiers stop or change directions instantly, and I'm not sure how much of that issue has to do with my connection, their connection, or the game itself, but regardless my personal preference would be to bring player movement more in-line with what we had in BF3-BF4.
  • katatau27
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just add a diferent colour in game.. to those who are in your friend list or in the same PS voice group. Sometimes i play with 6 or 7 people and we can only be 4 in a squad .. It would be Nice to see them clearly in the battlefield..
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. I would dearly have loved to see faction-locked weapons, even if it means having to include more obscure or later-war weapons (Turner, StG, etc) to allow for balance. As a German I want to be able to hear a Bren gun shooting on the other side of a building and know that it actually is an enemy. Not just lazy reskins either, but actual asymmetrical balance, at least as much as is practical.

2. In the same vein as above, further fleshing out the vehicles to emphasize their differences. Multiple options for each faction depending on how you wanted to play (e.g. have your German heavy be Panther OR Tiger, British medium be the Cromwell OR Valentine, etc) with differences between the choices that actually make a difference. Aircraft get the same treatment and a skybox that makes energy fighters more useful.

2b. I mean hell while I'm asking for the moon how about an armor penetration system and deeper flight mechanics with energy management?

3. Personally I'm fine with the way the maps are releasing "chronologically" as the war "progresses", but I want a full road map from the beginning telling me when content is going to come out (within reason, changes and delays happen, but at least a rough idea) so the forums aren't filled with children asking where the Russians/Americans/Pacific/Garand/etc are for the 2475652nd time. I feel like this is fair to ask for. If you are going to provide a live service, own it. Especially if you are expecting people to drop money on it.

3b. Maps are a big thing people are asking for, and depending on how involved a process it would be, something that may work is bringing maps over from older BF titles where the locations are relevant or ambiguous (e.g. a 1940-ized Sienne Crossing or Silk Road) people are saying half the guns are just ports from BF1, why not port over a map or two?

4. Really enjoy the gunplay so keep it the way it is for the most part. Would like to adjust the balance between weapons somewhat, though.
    I would like to see the buckshot perform around where it was in BF3-BF4 and give slugs their headshot OHK at any range back. Let RSC and Model 8 OHK headshot within 15m so there is a good reason to use them over the other two SLRs. More smokes for medics so they can have more opportunity to close distance with enemies. MMGs users could have an option to deploy a fixed tripod for their weapon which would allow them to engage targets at long range in exchange for a longer setup time and a more exposed position.
    Adjustment between weapons so that Support and Assault players are not running around with higher-velocity weapons than the Recons. Get rid of scope glint on at least the 3x, but I would say get rid of it altogether and see how much of an impact it makes and adjust accordingly, which dovetails nicely into the next point.

5. Bring back the test servers. Seriously, so many problems in the last three months could have been avoided if these had still existed it's honestly sad. I don't know what the logic was behind removing those but they need to come back now.

6. Little things, but stuff like little obstacles on the ground that your character gets caught on, ledges or snowdrifts that are inexplicably impassible, terrain you slide down for no reason, things that aren't visibly on fire setting your character alight from 6 feet away, the 'spawn point not available' bug? Those need to be gone.
    In all fairness those are the kinds of things that are almost certainly already being worked on, but they are still worth mentioning because they are annoying and they have either been fixed in previous BF games or have never before been a problem.

7. No more having to manually track assignments. This is a needless complication that serves no purpose, get rid of it. The game has enough sources of annoyance that occur on their own without building them into the game.

8. Allow for 5-6 man squads, and increase player count from 64 to 70 or 72 to allow for each team to have all full squads. Let players customize their squad leader call-ins, so that they can decide between say a V1 OR Artillery/Airstrike, or different call-in vehicle options. Just stuff to give the player a little variety or something to work to unlock.

9. Sometimes I feel like soldiers stop or change directions instantly, and I'm not sure how much of that issue has to do with my connection, their connection, or the game itself, but regardless my personal preference would be to bring player movement more in-line with what we had in BF3-BF4.

All good points, but I really really really wish your third point was a reality. It's both worrisome and frustrating to have no road map of planned releases, other than modes outside of the multiplayer.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

All good points, but I really really really wish your third point was a reality. It's both worrisome and frustrating to have no road map of planned releases, other than modes outside of the multiplayer.

I presume you are talking about getting maps. I got news for you. AT BEST, I'll say it again, AT Best, the game will get one new map each quarter starting in March, for a total of 4 maps total. To expect anything more is not being realistic.
  • wc138

I presume you are talking about getting maps. I got news for you. AT BEST, I'll say it again, AT Best, the game will get one new map each quarter starting in March, for a total of 4 maps total. To expect anything more is not being realistic.

You don't need to presume anything. You could have read what we were saying. We were discussing a release schedule. We weren't talking about getting new maps.
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    1: Fix whatever's causing this 1-frame TTD

2: Add that killswitch that would free us from the moaning and groaning of the Wamens of WW2.

3: Reintroduce Premium -- But instead of 4 new maps per DLC drop, bump it up to 5 and give the 5th map to all the poor people who are too poor to afford Premium -- and introduce USA, Russia, and Japan + the corresponding theatres of war as part of Premium.

4: Just reintroduce Spotting because you're never gonna solve this invisible enemies ballsup...but let the spot only be visible to the player, not to team mates.
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    1.Spotting returns but not like BF3 a minimap filled with red dots lol
    2.Hardcore mode
    3.Standard mode without attrition & a higher TTK
    4.Better tank controls.
    5.More nations & maps...Eastern Front,North Africa,Pacific...Normandy...Italy etc
    6.Ability to preset our uniforms for certain environments...snow,desert etc...dark uniform on Hamada lol
    7.Semi auto weapons for the medics.
    8.SMGs & shotguns for all classes.
    9.Bring back the No1 thing BF series had in the past>>> FUN
    10.Rented servers
    11.60Hz servers for all platforms.Next gen consoles are close.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fix the network performance. Slow down character movement (no more cartoon ninjas). Better anti-cheat backed up by corporate policies not based on "Cheaters are customers too" (actual FairFIght quotation). Bring back CTE where all patches will be thoroughly tested before going live. Bring back rented servers with the same level of admin control as in BF4. Ignore all design changes suggested by specialist players (full-time snipers, pilots, tankers). Replace the UI with something that isn't an awkward mess. Replace low-effort cosmetics with skins that look professionally made. Increase squad size to five players. Introduce a new map every two or three months.

If they did those things this game would go on to be a shining star in the BF series.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Snipers. Typed it in another thread:

Bolt action snipers would act the same as BFV's SLRs, but with a faster rechamber animation (to allow people to do two hit kills), and SLRs would act the same as the Semi Automatic Rifles in firing speed and damage. Would get rid of the OHK rubbish, and also allow Recon to be able to get into the action properly. At the same time, I'd probably drop the scope glint too, for fairness. This would never happen, but that's how I'd do it if I made a game.

As for more realistic changes:

Suppression - LMGs would do a small amount, MMGs would do a good amount. MMGs need a place and the lack of suppression makes them a nightmare to use. You're locked to a position on a bipod because you can't ADS, but if a sniper sees you, then you're toast. LMGs can have the bipod, a 3X scope, AND can be used whilst running and gunning. They just have less ammo and are slower firing.

A proper killcam. I want to see how I died, not where the killer is right now. I can't learn that way.

I'd start adding in famous battlefields. I want to see Omaha, Berlin, Stalingrad, Iwo Jima, Wake Island, Salerno/Paestum. Yeah, it might be overdone, but modern Battlefield hasn't explored it with the destruction elements.

More customisation and a proper store page in the BFV client. Seeing a few items for weeks at a time is just boring, I want to see the lot properly set up.

I'd remove the censorship. Touchy subject, but I'd at least like the uniforms and flags to be somewhat accurate. The German uniforms are so bland without any logos. Suppose it's the same with the British - why not let people select a company they want to represent? Oh and the chat censor would be optional.

I'd give the medics a long range weapon. Perhaps Semi-Auto rifles.

A sniper limit on all servers (though maybe not if I implemented the RSP program, see below)

I'd hire more quality testers so that patches and the like can be as bug free as possible

Tides of War would stay, but I would give out the weekly rewards for free. Log in and get it. If you want the extra rewards from the Tides of War levelling system, then play the game and earn XP (you would get you double what your score was in game for the ToW score). If you want to earn them quicker, do the challenges each week. All challenges would be available from the start, so that if you play a round in Frontlines and also win it, you will get credit for both, rather than a progression system (as an example).

Rental Server Program gets added. Would be income for EA and would allow communities to form. It would give players full control, similar to previous Battlefield titles that aren't BF1.

A heavy focus on CPU optimisation for PC.

I'm sure there's a hundred more things, but you get the idea.

I'd also fix the forums so that Firefox doesn't bunch up all of my text (Chrome doesn't) when I've used paragraphs.
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    >making it so that shooting while moving has a massive accuracy penalty
    Isn't this game campy enough without making it impossible to run and gun?
    @Halcyon_Creed_N7
    apples and oranges
    Moving is something that reduces the control one can have to the aim and recoil of a gun, (it even happens in DSLR cameras for pete's sake, try getting a good picture while quickly moving left and right like a crab).
    The game fails to reflect that and it is annoying me since BF3 where I started playing this series.
    I already addressed the camping issue sort of by increasing the available flares and improving visibility on the close range sights.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Halcyon_Creed_N7
    apples and oranges
    Moving is something that reduces the control one can have to the aim and recoil of a gun, (it even happens in DSLR cameras for pete's sake, try getting a good picture while quickly moving left and right like a crab).
    The game fails to reflect that and it is annoying me since BF3 where I started playing this series.
    I already addressed the camping issue sort of by increasing the available flares and improving visibility on the close range sights.

There already is a movement penalty when firing though. We don't need to make the effect worse.

Keep realism out of arcade shooters like Battlefield, please. Devs are ruining enough things as is without terrible ideas from the community being given.

Battlefield provides an authentic experience, not a realistic one.
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    @Halcyon_Creed_N7
    apples and oranges

There already is a movement penalty when firing though. We don't need to make the effect worse.

Keep realism out of arcade shooters like Battlefield, please. Devs are ruining enough things as is without terrible ideas from the community being given.

Battlefield provides an authentic experience, not a realistic one.
    How about hitscan bullets then :p
    Humans being faster than life and bullets slower than life is bs
    And please do not give me that authentic-not realistic line that the devs like to use. It is just a petty excuse to include some stuff but exclude others without giving objective reasoning.
    Authenticity died with BF4