Weekly BF

[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• tedrampart
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ya it's a huge letdown that they'd do this. I don't know if I'll be able to play this now sadly until it's worked out or officially supported. Might go back to BF1 for a bit or give Apex a try.

What gets me about all this, is why don't they just add the right SLI profile officially? or have an option to enable it (to negate the need for profile inspector tweaks).. even if it disables certain things in the game... for most SLi users, I'd imagine that the extra gpu was more to get the game up to decent playable framerates than it was to support eye candy.
  • shapes01
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is beyond a joke. The player base will once again shrink, the players I know almost all utilise SLI and the ones I have spoken to will cancel their monthly payments for Origin Access, I for one will probably do the same.
  • Letsep
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    Hello, i have RTX 2080, i5 8600k, i play 1080p 60Hz.
    I can't enable DLSS, i don't know why...

1550081730-capture.png

• w0wbattlefield
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The same problem.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only works on 1440p or higher. But you're not missing out. A hyped feature but makes the game look ugly and blurry.
  • w0wbattlefield
    Only works on 1440p or higher. But you're not missing out. A hyped feature but makes the game look ugly and blurry.

I have 1440p

0eB4nIfm.jpg

Cant use DLSS.... buggy game?
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, stop freakin out. It will just make your game more blurry.
  • Letsep
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Many people can make it run in 1080p, it was also said that it was available in all resolutions
  • Letsep

I have 1440p

0eB4nIfm.jpg

Cant use DLSS.... buggy game?

i think is buggy... it was said that it was available in all resolutions...
  • tedrampart
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    so I just played around a bit and got it to scale with SLI like it used to.. use the same howtos as before, but before loading the game, go to "/ProgramData>NVIDIA Corporation>Drs/" and set both nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read-only..

so far it worked but I don't think this is the full answer, since you then can't change any setting for other games without first removing the read-only attributes from those files first... maybe you could create a script that'd set it read-only before launching the game...

Also don't know if this will get anyone in trouble, since they're clearly trying to hinder the use of profileinspector .. might be good idea to record gameplay if you're using this, to prove that you aren't using it for cheating.
  • Tvirusfireflyy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    looked great no blurr to me but the crashes are an problem i hope the will fix it soon
  • shapes01
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    tedrampart wrote: »
    so I just played around a bit and got it to scale with SLI like it used to.. use the same howtos as before, but before loading the game, go to "/ProgramData>NVIDIA Corporation>Drs/" and set both nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read-only..

so far it worked but I don't think this is the full answer, since you then can't change any setting for other games without first removing the read-only attributes from those files first... maybe you could create a script that'd set it read-only before launching the game...

Also don't know if this will get anyone in trouble, since they're clearly trying to hinder the use of profileinspector .. might be good idea to record gameplay if you're using this, to prove that you aren't using it for cheating.

Legend
  • ChewGoat
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone who has it working, how is the graphical fidelity? Does it disable TAA?
    I'm sure glitches will be fixed, but I'm curious if the technology improves aliasing and texture sharpness.

textures seemed a ton sharper to me but refresh rate felt off but it could be because my fps was randomly dropping drastically maybe screwing with gsync and vsync i no idea but it wasn't working properly. back to dx11
  • Letsep
    1550084187-capture.png

OK ..
  • Letsep
    why ? because : 1550084187-capture.png:(
  • jcleary47
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you need the latest Nvidia patch as well to be able to enable it?
  • w0wbattlefield
    Is it joke? :#
  • xMrBeer
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can u use the old driver do it work then.or is it dice patch for the game.
  • RaZoRfi
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I made a list for you guys and girls to follow in order to make Sli work again.

1. First go make sure "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and unselect read-only on both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin

2. Now run nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and select Profile: Battlefield V

3. Set "SLI compatibility bits dx10 + dx11" to : 0x080116F5

4. Set "Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode DX10" to : 0x00000004

5. Set "Nvidia predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10" to : 0x00000002

6. Click Apply Changes and close nvidiaProfileInspector

7. Go back to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and select read-only set both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read-only

Sli should again work with dx11.
    But you need to make sure and unselect the read-only everytime you want to make a change to settings in the future.
  • xMrBeer
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

But you need to make sure and unselect the read-only everytime you want to make a change to settings in the future.

Is this only for bf5 settings or all games