Weekly BF

[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• eNeRGyBurns
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same, crashes since RTX and DLSS update. Hoping for a quick fix.
  • tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    xMrBeer wrote: »

Is this only for bf5 settings or all games

all games. but to specify, it's anytime you want to make changes in nvcp or profile inspector I believe.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did they disable because of Nvidia Profile Inspector glitch?
  • tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »

that's my guess.
  • eNeRGyBurns
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same, crashes since RTX and DLSS update. Hoping for a quick fix.

I enabled Future Frame Rendering and it works a bit more stable now. It seems to be required for DLSS ?!
  • Kompura
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jcleary47 wrote: »
    Something can't be right with Ray Tracing and DLSS. I'm running a 2080 Ti and 3440x1440 and I'm getting near 100 FPS in singleplayer missions. Is that performance correct, or is something weird going on with the game? I have everything set to ultra. I'm not complaining, it just seems weird the performance would be THAT improved - although the graphics do look a little odd, almost fuzzy?

I'm having the same resolution and GPU. High FPS but much more blurry than without DXR&DLSS. It's a no go for me.
  • The_bad_Frag
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    Then they must add the BF 1 profile for BF V as the official profile!!! Anything else is just ****! Game is unplayable without SLI!
  • sgt_bilko1111
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only way im able to play is in windows mode, as soon it goes full screen game crash
  • xMrBeer
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am using bf1 profile . will tell u wants happens Wien I get home.home in 1 hour.
  • HeadwarP
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    Try disabling DLSS, lowering your resolution to 83%, and compare 83% + TAA to 100% with DLSS while using raytracing. Pay attention to your performance, and pay attention to the anti-aliasing quality of buildings and objects in front of you. Then take a look at 100% without DLSS.

At least in my case DLSS @ 3440x1440 is looking very very unimpressive.

To the other 3440x1440 user in this thread.. did you restart your game after enabling DXR? My FPS took a hit. going to test non dxr performance now to be sure i didn't encounter some kind of issue with the driver update. *edit* nope..not drivers.. performance is still awesome without DXR. Try various maps or a full multiplayer server with some water around and ultra settings, probably get like 70-80fps.
  • YamiN0Neko
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DLSS is just for 4k? I thought it was 1440p as well but wouldn't let me turn it on at that resolution. I only have a 1440p monitor so can't really test if it's any good or worth it.
  • HeadwarP
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    YamiN0Neko wrote: »
    DLSS is just for 4k? I thought it was 1440p as well but wouldn't let me turn it on at that resolution. I only have a 1440p monitor so can't really test if it's any good or worth it.

Change your resolution, apply, then change back. DXR has to be enabled to use DLSS. Which is silly, given that DLSS has been touted as not even being specific to dx12.

• bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I installed the new GPU driver today and played 2 hours. I just turned off DLSS and DXR.

I think the best visual quality and FPS experience for someone with a 2080Ti and a 4K monitor such as myself is to avoid DXR and DLSS entirely. The higher FPS with having DXR off is worth it.

DLSS helps to provide better FPS but it removes any visual benefit of having DXR in the first place. Complete mess if I must say. Hopefully the refine it but this is not a promising start.
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everything on ultra and ray tracing on medium with my RTX 2060 for my 1080p gaming gives me around 80 FPS, on ultra it's around 60 but I could only try out Arras on medium and devastation on ultra.
    Gonna test Rotterdam and twisted steel prolly later and see how that goes.
    I do have a feeling the higher the ray tracing is the more fuzzy some graphic details become, also some of the crashes to desktop kinda makes me reluctant to actually use DLSS until it's patched.
  • LastDreamfinder
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    Same thing here. Crash on start up after switching to DX12 and DLSS on a 2080Ti
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only works on 1440p or higher. But you're not missing out. A hyped feature but makes the game look ugly and blurry.

Works perfectly fine on my 1080p.
  • in54ne71
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'v got EVGA RTX 2080 I'm running 5760 x 1080 (3 monitors each 1080) and DLSS is "grey" and unaviable to turn on. Got all drivers and updates both NVIDIA and BFV.
  • DukeSan27
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same results here. I would not go down the route of making the files read-only.

Posted here too - https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aqcba1/sli_has_been_finally_killed/?
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3872 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    in54ne71 wrote: »
    I'm running 5760 x 1080 (3 monitors each 1080) and DLSS is "grey" and unaviable to turn on. Got all drivers and updates both NVIDIA and BFV.

I'm pretty sure DLSS only works with RTX cards. 1080 is a GFX card not a RTX card.

-CB
  • bayes94
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After learning what probably caused sli to be disabled I am a bit more on the catious side. Although Im really upset.
    One thing is not supporting sli, another is not letting us use the hardware we paid for. If they ban me for this then I would be glad to leave honestly.