What is a good 4k hdr tv for the xbox one x

ThunderTaters
130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I am considering a monitor as well, but I would prefer a tv.

Comments

• MogwaiWarrior
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been looking at the Samsung 50NU7100 which won't break the bank but I'm also curious if there is much difference in BF1 between 1080P and 4K?
  • BaronVonGoon
    6731 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @TEKNOCODE is using one that has good latency I think.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @TEKNOCODE is using one that has good latency I think.

Correct. I have the Samsung Q9FN, which has excellent input lag for a tv. Any of the Samsung “Q” series rate very high on input lag to be honest. I believe a few folks on the forum use the Q7FN and love it.

The newer Sony models have quite a bit of input lag, so I would advise against them.

The LG oled’s have very low input lag as well. We considered one, but our tv bracket was already mounted on our wall. The LG wouldn’t work based on the placement of its screws.

I quite like this website for research. I have been using it for years.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/e8-oled
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great advice, Very helpful.

I have considered the samsung Q series, But their price tag is outrageous. Maybe as afuture investment...

The Samsung 50UN7100 looks more reasonable.

The 4k tv I have atm does not support hdr10 and just cannot keep up with the xbox one x.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also is motion blur or input lag more important when looking for a gaming TV?
  • ThunderTaters

I think the general rule is lower the input lag the better. And motion blur is something you want less of in an fps. so in terms of which one is more important for gaming, I would go with input lag.
  • defyreality
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i have the Samsung Q7FN, and bf5 does indeed look amazing on it. i upgraded from a 46" 1080p tv. i believe the latency is around 23-24ms on the q7fn. i recently got my hands on an asus 4k 1ms 28" monitor. night and day. having legitimate gun fights now, before it felt like i was getting robbed by **** a lot of the time. distance to screen seems to be key. i think i was sitting way to close to the 55" (around 4-5ft, same as my 46"), but it was where i was comfortable, any further away, and i would end up creeping forward back to that 4-5foot range). with the 28" i've sitting around 3ft from it.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been looking at the Samsung 50NU7100 which won't break the bank but I'm also curious if there is much difference in BF1 between 1080P and 4K?

Huge difference. Bf1 looked great in 1080p but when I upgraded to a good 4k tv and xbox one x.......it was jaw dropping.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7

Yes. Very important for gaming.
    My 4k tv has input lag of 14.5 milliseconds while in game mode. And a good motion blur rating on a tv is important also for gaming.
  • Dynamyte71
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just a reminder if you get sucked into spending a little more cheddar. A HDMI 2.0 cable doesn’t have enough bandwidth to do 4K, HDR @ 120hz. You will need a HDMI 2.1 cable for that.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    Just bought a Samsung 55" NU6900 for $429. Didn't want to spend a ton since the only thing I do with this TV is game on it. I am very pleased with it. I did have to change a setting to get the XBOX to see it could handle HDR10 and for some strange reason I had to reset the BF1 video settings to default because the game had a whitish hue to it. After I did that the game looks stunning.
  • ThunderTaters
    I settled on a samsung 49” NU8000. I’m happy with it. I will likely cough up more chedder at some point for a Q7. Eventually. In the near but still distant future.

I traded my old xb1 for my younger brothers ps4 so I’ve been enjoying that. Although metro exodus comes out on the 15th so I’ll be back on the xb1x soon.