New guns pretty much confirmed.

YourLocalPlumber
3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
What do you think?
HLGtanx.jpg

Comments

• bran1986
    5867 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nice, three new nerf guns.
  • M_Rat13
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

So the patchett is an SMG?
  • Sou1__0062
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would be happier to see autotracking for weapon skins instead of 4 stupid slots and leaving every round to pick mission for skin
  • M_Rat13
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

So I just bothered to do some research.

The Patchett is the early version of the Sterling SMG. However, apparently, a version of the Sterling was made as a battle rifle using the 7.62x51mm NATO round (a rifle round). I wonder if we'll get a specialization that allows us to convert the gun ourselves to that round. Could be interesting...
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Huh. Well isn't that interesting. I wouldn't have guessed to see the patchett or welgun but that's cool.
  • MarxistDictator
    5069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    when are they going to add the Chauchat, I've been waiting for that to start playing again

So I just bothered to do some research.

The Patchett is the early version of the Sterling SMG. However, apparently, a version of the Sterling was made as a battle rifle using the 7.62x51mm NATO round (a rifle round). I wonder if we'll get a specialization that allows us to convert the gun ourselves to that round. Could be interesting...

That would be much more interesting than yet another bleh slow firing SMG. Dice really does hate the medic.

But unfortunately it would be anachronistic (as if that really matters) so it won't appear. We need another gun like the RSC SMG though.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting. Can't see myself straying from the MP40 though.
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So more recycled BF1 guns. Lol

Why Not the Carcano 91/41, VZ24, MAS 36 and other real WW2 guns.
  • Noodlesocks
    3444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Already so many guns in the game. Would like to see new gadgets or more unique primary weapons like flamethrowers and anti material rifles.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great, more weapkns only available for a week that I won't get, but will be killed by constantly.
  • mf_shro0m
    2291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Already so many guns in the game. Would like to see new gadgets or more unique primary weapons like flamethrowers and anti material rifles.

If a flamethrower gets introduced I wouldn't be surprised if it comes when the Eastern or Pacific front gets introduced.
    Also id hate to see them introduce a weak flamethrower just so it can be a primary without any other tradeoff
  • namvn
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nice, 2 more years before I can put my hand on the M1
  • TheGM86
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hey it is Lanchester because this game really needed another MP-18 derivative.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its all we will get, guns and cosmetics. Lets forget on maps.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

If a flamethrower gets introduced I wouldn't be surprised if it comes when the Eastern or Pacific front gets introduced.
    Also id hate to see them introduce a weak flamethrower just so it can be a primary without any other tradeoff

Please man, stop with the pacific nonsense.... You ll never set a foot on the sand!
  • superteds
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    recycled guns waaaaahhhh - more than half of those are new
    more medic weapons waaahhhhhhhhhh - people keep asking for help for medics AND more content...
  • MarxistDictator
    5069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »
    recycled guns waaaaahhhh - more than half of those are new
    more medic weapons waaahhhhhhhhhh - people keep asking for help for medics AND more content...

'New' medic guns as in 3 more ~550 RPM SMGs, as if we didn't already have enough of them/no variety in the medic kit to begin with. People want something new for medic, as in a play style other than fast firing SMG with recoil or slow firing SMG with no recoil.

Also reusing the odd gun is fine but we have a bunch of oddball relic guns from WW1 that were out of place in BF1. Its not like there was not a massive amount of firearms development being done between the two wars and especially in the build up/conflict itself? We want WW2 from a WW2 game simple.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think hellriegel should return for medic, maybe then finaly all would ve happy with medic being OP. :-)
  • TheBaitOne
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Danuvia SMG from Hungary would make a powerful medium range Medic weapon, around 10,000 produced during WW2 and it fires a pretty meaty cartridge compared to all the other SMGs currently in game, the 9x25mm 'Mauser Export'

Would probably perform like a light AR
  • GrizzGolf
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I WANT MY GRAND