Undocumented Tank Changes

Comments

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    <responded to wrong person sorry>
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think overall it's a good change because honestly Staghound shouldn't be able to take down Tiger easily. But no damage at all? It feels like a bit too much, maybe 10-12 damage per hit should be more balanced? I also feel light tanks should deal more damage to infantry because those are supposed to be anti-infantry vehicles.
    Now if you nerf assault even more, the game will be in a decent place regarding tank vs tank and infantry vs tank balance.

10-12 damage per hit? They'd be able to kill a tank before it overheated.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    Also,
    Why can AA still damage tanks? Tanks aren't even on it's intended target list. Why can't the t38 and staghound damage tanks? The tanks and infantry are on the target list. This change makes no sense.
  • fragnstein
    836 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I martyrdom a tiger with 3 at mines and only took it to 50%
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel we need tank forum for discussion and balance. This is the first battlefield with so such diversity between tanks and consider the new mechanics about it ( disable tracks, turret, no infinity ammo etc).

Or just maybe not about only tanks but every veicle in game so players can help more the devs ( since this game is feel like a beta).
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElSamuel04 wrote: »
    I feel we need tank forum for discussion and balance. This is the first battlefield with so such diversity between tanks and consider the new mechanics about it ( disable tracks, turret, no infinity ammo etc).

Or just maybe not about only tanks but every veicle in game so players can help more the devs ( since this game is feel like a beta).

We have been trying to help since Alpha. No one listened. And its not like we are occasional Tankers, most serious commentators have 1000+ hours in Tanks.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Was it mentioned in patch notes that depots take longer to fix now?

I don’t even know if this was intentional. I think it was an unintended consequence of decreasing their time to build fortifications. Making depots take longer to build again is such a step in the wrong direction, I mean was that really something that needed nerfing? Also why the hell do infantry ammo resupply depots have more HP than a tank depot?

It's quite a change, as most infantry never fix these things so it's left to the tanker in need to do so. The extra time means even less incentive to infantry to help tanks with fixing depots, and even more vulnerability leaving the tank.

Please dice, make depots repairable from within the tank, take twice/three times as long. Most players won't fix these depots, and they get blown up easy by even infantry.
  • DonaldTrump_Fyou
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    This obviously a stupid change, 20mm just do around 20-30 damage to heavy tank per round, but heavy do 45-55 damage to light per hit, heavy tank can 2 shot kill light tank already, it's strong enough,

You guy had already added heavy tank's armored by 25%; then also nerf the 20mm damage to 0 directly?

And also let 38-T unable to upgrade AP shell, so when 38-T 20mm encounter any other tank, it can only run away without any other way to react?

can't believe that, a suck change
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don’t even know if this was intentional. I think it was an unintended consequence of decreasing their time to build fortifications. Making depots take longer to build again is such a step in the wrong direction, I mean was that really something that needed nerfing? Also why the hell do infantry ammo resupply depots have more HP than a tank depot?

It's quite a change, as most infantry never fix these things so it's left to the tanker in need to do so. The extra time means even less incentive to infantry to help tanks with fixing depots, and even more vulnerability leaving the tank.

Please dice, make depots repairable from within the tank, take twice/three times as long. Most players won't fix these depots, and they get blown up easy by even infantry.

I'm curious who have thought and did this nerf about depot. No one asked for it I suppose lol.

Well they can also negates the possibility to drive the tank to all normal classes except for you driver class. So you will bail out of the tank, and even if some random get in the tank will go only in gunner position. ( and maybe you can chose driver class in class selection, and then get in the tank that will spawn in main base.. Ok I'm dreaming too much)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

Yeah, its in the notes,, Tanker/Pilot class no longer builds faster than Engineer class (or some crap like this).

I don't recall any classes with those names in BFV, so perhaps you could elaborate on what this is supposed to mean.
  • ElSamuel04
    This obviously a stupid change, 20mm just do around 20-30 damage to heavy tank per round, but heavy do 45-55 damage to light per hit, heavy tank can 2 shot kill light tank already, it's strong enough,

You guy had already added heavy tank's armored by 25%; then also nerf the 20mm damage to 0 directly?

And also let 38-T unable to upgrade AP shell, so when 38-T 20mm encounter any other tank, it can only run away without any other way to react?

can't believe that, a suck change

What the hell of 20 mm shooting in your game, dynamite? lol
  • DonaldTrump_Fyou
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    this is not cool at all, DICE :'(

light tank had the lowest HP already, if you also let it had the lowest damage(it's became Zero???). then what can it do in the fight?????
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElSamuel04 wrote: »

I'm curious who have thought and did this nerf about depot. No one asked for it I suppose lol.

Well they can also negates the possibility to drive the tank to all normal classes except for you driver class. So you will bail out of the tank, and even if some random get in the tank will go only in gunner position. ( and maybe you can chose driver class in class selection, and then get in the tank that will spawn in main base.. Ok I'm dreaming too much)

Would be nice, I simply won't get out until all the randoms are far enough away from the tank these days. The extra time means it's often too risky now to get out and fix near contested areas. Infantry would rather build little castles and leave them for the enemy to use against us at flags than fix a depot for their tank.
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, its in the notes,, Tanker/Pilot class no longer builds faster than Engineer class (or some crap like this).

I don't recall any classes with those names in BFV, so perhaps you could elaborate on what this is supposed to mean.

"The Tanker and Pilot classes no longer build Fortifications faster than the Support class with
    the engineer Combat Role."
  • ElSamuel04

Actually they are a class man, but you can't select them or modify. They have a proper symbol, a layout and a character in game.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah so it’s basically leave your tank and risk having it stolen by your gunners, or blueberries, or a squad member spawning on you, or an enemy... If you are not first sniped or wrecked by a local bipod enthusiast.

So they thought they’d nerf the time it takes to build this lmao
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The actual AA guns should do 1 point of damage to other tanks, just like in past battlefields the damage rate was incredibly low.

The biggest problem with the 20mm on the Pz38 tank wasn't so it's damage, which was certainly too high anyway, but that it could turret kill other tanks almost at once, and that the constant impact explosions blinded the tank. Making it impossible to fight back.

The whole blinding issue affects more then this weapon, but its a big deal for why tanks are so terrible in general in battlefield. The solution is to let the tank user see through the explosive effects, and make it so turret and mobility kills cannot happen to a tank that has full or nearly full health. They should be things that happen to a badly damaged tank or reward very precise hit placement (half of a tank is currently critical hit boxes), not a easy way to cripple and render them useless.
  • DukeSan27
    The actual AA guns should do 1 point of damage to other tanks, just like in past battlefields the damage rate was incredibly low.

The biggest problem with the 20mm on the Pz38 tank wasn't so it's damage, which was certainly too high anyway, but that it could turret kill other tanks almost at once, and that the constant impact explosions blinded the tank. Making it impossible to fight back.

The whole blinding issue affects more then this weapon, but its a big deal for why tanks are so terrible in general in battlefield. The solution is to let the tank user see through the explosive effects, and make it so turret and mobility kills cannot happen to a tank that has full or nearly full health. They should be things that happen to a badly damaged tank or reward very precise hit placement (half of a tank is currently critical hit boxes), not a easy way to cripple and render them useless.

That’s a good suggestion - Systemic Damage happens only below a certain HP level, say 50%.
  • SoldierWhiteWolf
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    it's clearly a BUG, all vehicle should be equal in the game, it's not wise to let certain vehicle to overwhelm the other.

now 20mm can't hurt other tanks, but other tanks can do lots of damage to light tank, it's calling balance at all.

in fact, you should not change the damage/armor system between tanks, that involved too many problem to solve, and some is out of your expectation, you can just increase the HP of heavy tanks instead of doing this.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No you haven't. AAs and 20MM light tanks needed a proper balancing. If you pick AA - your targets are aircraft. If you pick light tank - your targets are infantry and light armor. It was super BS when AA would snipe tanks at 500m without fear of getting return fire.