How's the netcode after the update?

Comments

• duellingcarl
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    It was largely fixed in BF4, especially after DICE LA and Visceral got involved. That DICE Sweden has managed to mess it up again suggests the next BF title should perhaps be developed by a different team.
    I played BF4 again, just before the launch of BFV.

The netcode in BF4 is awful. One-shot-killed, killed behind cover all the time, worse than BFV at its worst. Perhaps it was better years ago, but now its really bad. Compared to BF1, it felt really bad.

The netcode in BF-games is often worse on patch-days, than the following days. Don't know why it is so, but it could be better tomorrow.

I agree I always stayed off BF3 and 1 on patch days. It felt so sluggish.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been playing all day, it feels good. Great hit detection and haven’t been killed around any corners. Can’t recall any superbullet deaths either. All in all, solid.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Been playing all day, it feels good. Great hit detection and haven’t been killed around any corners. Can’t recall any superbullet deaths either. All in all, solid.

What's your ping to the server?
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just my opinion of 2 cents, playing today i feel worse than previous days. I've noticed small freeze and packed losses. I'll see tomorrow maybe its just a moment.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

What's your ping to the server?

Around 38.
  • ballFetcher
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had a horrible experience after this patch, first time actually since launch that the problems everyone is talking about occurred (a great many times per match). Quit playing. For me on, a stable ping of less than 20, the game have run reasonably well up until now (occasional isnta deaths). However, as someone mentioned after a patch the performance is usually very bad so i will give it another try. Could be that you meet more high ping players after a patch. Cant figure out why they don't fix those issues and separate players based on ping etc. Got shot trough big rocks on several occasions (not moving behind them either, stationary in position).
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I've played a couple bouts since the patch now. It's absolutely the worst netcode I've experienced so far. instead of occasional random one frame deaths it's almost every damn death now. Horrible. If the game is going to play like this then it should just be 1 hit = kill and designed accordingly.

I have very low pings to servers, I'm pretty convinced this is the result of allowing 'more damage per update' as the patch notes said was the case. Yeah I get the updates and all the damage before I can do anything. Every damn time.
  • ballFetcher
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tried a few matches again, slightly better now. Not as good as before, though probably will improve more as days pass.. Their server architecture must suck big time. When players with 150+ ping join it is back to awful. Noticed one with 440 ping vs my 20. Weapons, that are not mentioned in patch notes, feels very shaky to shoot with (as usual, lets learn to play this new game again). Medics seem to have gotten a buff or benefit from the changes. Visibility is worse, prone players are invisible more often. Perhaps the graphics settings were changed, anyone noticed? Players literally just pop up in front of you.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see zero improvement in the network performance, I'm still experiencing shot-stacking and shot-around-corners. I am not too happy about that, DICE continues to make me think this should be the last BF title they are allowed to work on.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Worse much worse. Shot round corners far more prominent than before - shame.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Ace-Cardd wrote: »
    Netcode is same or even worse. Probably it's the fault all this high 100+ pingers on the servers. These players should be automatically kicked out of the servers.

I'm going to join the club and become one of the high pingers by jumping region., if you can't beat them join them. It always used to be low pings were rewarded not anymore.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ace-Cardd wrote: »
    Netcode is same or even worse. Probably it's the fault all this high 100+ pingers on the servers. These players should be automatically kicked out of the servers.

Yes. I kept getting killed behind cover by the only person on the opposite team with a 110 ping during a match of Squad Conquest yesterday.
    I still came in top of my team but to know the cheap deaths I did get was due to high ping player is frustrating .
    My ping always stays around 24.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had a few games of battlefield 1and it literally feels like this was made by a completely different dev team!
    Hit reg is far far superior to battlefield v in every way conceivable.
  • joshynoz101
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My ping is always at its highest 26 or well below. Still being constantly killed in cover. Still being killed in (seemingly) 1 hit by players with 50+ ping and their lewis guns while jumping about like Mario. Still watching those same players bloodily sponge bullets from me and squad mates before running off with still well over half health.

Gutted. Was hoping this would be the patch to fix the issues. Guess not.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see zero improvement in the network performance, I'm still experiencing shot-stacking and shot-around-corners. I am not too happy about that, DICE continues to make me think this should be the last BF title they are allowed to work on.

And the last BF EA is aloud to publish......
  • IAcousticI
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still getting hit with super bullets/multi-bullets in one shot.... No change..
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

I'm not challenging you , this is just a friendly suggestion. Record 3 to 5 oneshot deaths. After the match go and watch them at half speed and focus on watching the health bar. If it goes from 100 to 0. Then yeah it was shot stacking, If it goes down in increments than its not stacking shots its the fast TTK. One guy in another thread posted his video of what he perceived as shotstacking or super bullets as he called them. A half speed view of the video showed that it was not stacking shots, just really fast TTK.
  • One_Called_Kane
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dude look it, you did this on the other thread. How is the game doing? Go back to Reddit please. Your opinions failed us enough.
    Aaaand that's a swing and a miss, Johnny. Wouldn't touch Reddit with a 10ft pole, but thanks for defaulting to that stereotype for your primary defense. Really gives the impression that you have a solid, valid argument there, keep up the good work.