I don't think this player base even knows what it wants lol

Comments

• SlowOldWarrior
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Can you give an example?

Does this count?
    =========
    combined-arms.jpg

That seems to vague, I'm not sure if that is concrete enough...?
  • Astr0damus
    2735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Well, because DICE don't know what the"community" wants, and you know why? THIS is why........

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aq8vjl/discussion_bfv_chapter_2_lightning_strikes_update/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aq5hzf/focused_feedback_visibility/

Try reading thru all that muck. They're not listening to the community. They're listening to REDDIT !!! I have mind to give them a piece of my mind RIGHT NOW.

I don’t understand. Are the people on Reddit not part of the community?

Also, after just quickly scanning through the comments it seems like a lot of complaints you see here.

Well no. It's only a hair fraction of who buys this game (2k posters out 7 million sales). I actually think the greatest and largest by far part of the community, are folks at home playing the game, who don't post on forums.

How do we know what their complaints are? Most by far don't post on forums about their games, not here or there.

There has to be a way to gauge folks at home, with in depth surveys, and questions such as this whenever they release these updates. In so we can get a better gauge of what the fella who plays an hour a day after work may thing, as compared to someone on reddit or here, that plays 8 hours a day.

Of course, those two opinions could be vastly different, and likely are. And another difference being, there's a hell of a lot more than them, than at Reddit. And so, the answer is no, and probably why we're in the mess we're in.

I have been screaming at the top of my lungs (well not really) that it would be nice to see report data. Pull reports! That what I used to do for a living.. pull reports and analyze the data. It would take literally 10 minutes to pull reports showing which maps were quit out of (while loading) as well as which maps were selected when a player first logs on.. this would speak volumes regarding which maps the fan base likes and which maps it refuses to play. Even without pulling a report, just from the threads I've seen about it, I already know FJELL is quit out of most of all the maps. When it rolls around, people leave in droves (including myself) this leaves unbalanced matches for those that stick around (mainly the recons and the pilots who are extremely OP on this snow-blind map).
    You don't always need to contact the customers... DICE has much of the data at it's finger-tips. I would love to see these reports posted from time to time. I would even pay to see them.
    Generate report,
    Export to Excel,
    Remove sensitive info like Gamertag if necessary. (Or reduce it to just raw numbers)
    Give us information in the Information age!
  • rockin_master
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 14
    Yeah, BFV's problems are the players fault. Sure. That makes sense.

This has pretty much been EA's stance up to this point as well. "The vocal minority" just out to make problems through there blind ignorance and poor manners.

These EA lap dog, "Hey get off my lawn." threads are my favorite.

I would say think harder but I fear that wouldn't leave your brain enough capacity for vital involuntary process' such as breathing.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The game is getting pulled from pillar to post. At the end of the day the decision to make changes based on listening to the online vocal minority (it really is a minority compared to sales) and bf you tubers is down to DICE. Then the reason they have to do this is because obviously 2 years isn't long enough develelop a complete game, full of content, properly balanced, tested and with bugs ironed out. It's rushed, why? Is that due to EA? Don't know.

In the past, look at BF2, they released that game in a good state, and there wasn't a huge online feedback community back then demanding xxx removed or added--just didn't happen . The game stayed pretty much the way it was shipped based on developers descisions, which imo is the way it should be, given enough time to make it in the vision they set out.

• James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Can you give an example?

The recent patch which made the 20mm gun on light tanks not able to solo kill heavy tanks anymore. People said it annoyed them, Dice changed it, yet today I've seen a thread telling Dice the changes were terrible. And that's just a recent example.
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Can you give an example?

The recent patch which made the 20mm gun on light tanks not able to solo kill heavy tanks anymore. People said it annoyed them, Dice changed it, yet today I've seen a thread telling Dice the changes were terrible. And that's just a recent example.

Good! A staghound shouldn’t be able to solo a heavy tank! That was ridiculous!
  • Hawxxeye
    4417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    DICE is making the mistake of trying to make a Battlefield that is for Everyone.
    When you try to make a game that is for everyone you end up with a messed up hybrid that is not good enough for anybody.
    "#EverybodysBattlefield" = #NobodysBattlefield

You cannot balance a game so that the infantry only crowd are happy while the combined arms group is also happy , the BR group is happy, the milsim peo0ple are happy and the ultra l33t arcade guys are also happy
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11750 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Can you give an example?

Does this count?
    =========
    combined-arms.jpg

Seems pretty accurate.

One side loves it, other side hates it.

Same for the TTD/TTK threads that were linked by @Astr0damus

Those definitely are an accurate representation of the uphill battle dice faces.

They cant do anything without annoying any of the player base.
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Different people have different opinions. That's pretty common. So you have ten players yelling for a nerf and ten players yelling for a buff. This doesn't mean that one of those arguments isn't right.

It's been this way since the forum started, mostly because the games are released buggy, and with netcode issues that mean two players can experience vastly different issues with the same bug/glitch/what-have-you.

• QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you give an example?

Does this count?
    =========
    combined-arms.jpg

Seems pretty accurate.

Those definitely are an accurate representation of the uphill battle dice faces.

Yes unfortunately it seems to be a damned if they do damned if they don't scenario.

This has the side effect of effectively negating any possibility of constructive feedback due to most threads denigrating into a I'm right you're wrong scenario.

Obviously securing any relevant feedback to facilitate ongoing game improvements is going to be tough to say the least.

Its a pity really because there are some very astute gamers with valid input from all camps, being for all intents and purposes diluted amongst meaningless arguing.

• Trokey66
    7808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playerbase: "Please, Give us more maps"
    Dice: *Zzz*

Player base "Get rid of Premium"

DICE "OK"

Player base "Thank you"

Sometime later......

Player base "Give us more maps now!"

DICE "Errrrrrr"
  • spartanx169x
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you give an example?

Does this count?
    =========
    combined-arms.jpg

Seems pretty accurate.

With respect, I disagree that DICE can't do anything without annoying any of the playerbase. There is at least a couple of things that would certainly help.

They should make a gametype and call it casual or classic conquest, in that made bring back spotting for all players set health for full auto regen like prior games, spawn with full ammo, and speed up medic revives.

then add a hardcore gametype for th e hardcore group.

Although admittedly there may be complaints about adding them, The complaints would be minor in comparison to providing options for ALL the players not just one group.
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can you give an example?

Does this count?
    =========
    combined-arms.jpg

Seems pretty accurate.

Understanding how most gaming forums work today is pretty easy:

Group A likes something, Group B dislikes something.
    Step 1: Group B complains on the forums, while group A is happily enjoying the game and avoiding the forums
    Step 2: Adjust something to make group B happy
    Step 3: Group A complains on the forums, while group B is happily enjoying the game and avoiding the forums
    rinse, repeat.

Forums used to be places where you'd ask questions and share knowledge of the game, you'd see some suggestions and constructive feedback here and there.
    Today forums are mostly cesspools of people complaining that their favorite class isn't OP.
  • spartanx169x
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Can you give an example?

Does this count?
    =========
    combined-arms.jpg

Seems pretty accurate.

With respect, I disagree that DICE can't do anything without annoying any of the playerbase. There is at least a couple of things that would certainly help.

They should make a gametype and call it casual or classic conquest, in that made bring back spotting for all players set health for full auto regen like prior games, spawn with full ammo, and speed up medic revives.

Although admittedly there may be complaints about adding them, The complaints would be minor in comparison to providing options for ALL the players not just one group.

You know damned fine well that if DICE did this there would be a plethora of threads saying:

"Why are DICE wasting time and resources on these modes that no one asked for when we need bug fixes and more content!"

Well I did fail to mention when these should be implemented, to your point major bugs and fixes should take priority.
  • Astr0damus
    2735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To round-out the balance to this thread, DICE PR Team doesn't help itself with comments to its potential fan-base by saying "If you don't like it, don't buy it." because a game in a series is not like purchasing a vehicle. There may be ways to preview BF V, or rent it monthly, I have no idea regarding that, but for the most part, as was my case, you receive the game for Christmas because your family knows you are a Battlefield player for life. I can't imaging not buying a BF title ever again, but I can imagine doing that with CoD because I had to finally give up my snobbery and cave-in a few years ago and bought my first CoD just so I could play online with my son (who has always loved CoD first and Battlefield second, only because "his pop" plays BF).
    ---
    So getting back to my point, "if you don't like it, don't buy it" rings hollow for people like me who received it as a gift. Also, I am a little bit "brand loyal" when it comes to BF. I hate to admit it, but no matter what they do, no matter how the next iteration of BF includes (transgender options) I will still buy it, because as far as I can tell, there is nothing quite like it.
    ----
    It is true that I have never noticed a single bug in a CoD game, but to me, that's like comparing generic white bread, with Dave's Killer Bread (for those outside the US, I apologize in advance for using a local product as an analogy--Dave's Killer Bread meets all the criterion for healthy bread--organic, non-gmo, packed with over 21 different variety of seeds--it is a super-food, whereas white bread, is basic bleached flour that goes moldy in about a week.) I know exactly what I'll get with the next CoD.. it will still be whomever rounds the corner and pulls the trigger first wins the kill, and then you have to watch for spawn-flips when too many get into enemy territory--which means the goalposts keep moving. "Wow, we infiltrated their back yard, and now they are suddenly in our front yard."
    ---
    BF has always had the teamwork aspect which CoD fails miserably at, and apparently, they are not concerned with that--they attract the lone-wolf types whose concern is only K/D.
    ---
    I didn't mean to derail into a BF vs. CoD, but getting back on track--I love BF for life. I'm certainly not a fan-boy though, if something sucks, I will make a thread about it--just ask @LOLGotYerTags --I'm pretty vocal about things I dislike, he has locked plenty of my threads that became toxic, either by me or others responding to my "boo-hoo" threads. For example: It irks me to no end how DICE changed the game to allow safe-zones, where before a good base-"rake" was all good fun--they "fixed" base-raking but now have allowed campers to sit in trucks and farm infantry with no way to get to the offender. So I will complain about that... and I will also post videos when I get lucky enough to get some one who is doing this nasty behavior, before the countdown timer kills me.
    ---
    tl;dr: I am BF for life, but please don't call me a fan-boy because I call it like I see it. If something sucks, I will voice my opinion, but I'm like that 25 year old still living at home--I may complain about my parents, but I have no where to go, and I don't plan on leaving.
    Like Huey Lewis and the News sang: "I'm happy to be stuck with you."
    I would post more, but I'm on my way to go get a Battlefield tattoo.
  • M_Rat13
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Can you give an example?

Does this count?
    =========
    combined-arms.jpg

Seems pretty accurate.

You know damned fine well that if DICE did this there would be a plethora of threads saying:

"Why are DICE wasting time and resources on these modes that no one asked for when we need bug fixes and more content!"

Exactly. This shows how Dice can't win.
  • spartanx169x
    To round-out the balance to this thread, DICE PR Team doesn't help itself with comments to its potential fan-base by saying "If you don't like it, don't buy it." because a game in a series is not like purchasing a vehicle. There may be ways to preview BF V, or rent it monthly, I have no idea regarding that, but for the most part, as was my case, you receive the game for Christmas because your family knows you are a Battlefield player for life. I can't imaging not buying a BF title ever again, but I can imagine doing that with CoD because I had to finally give up my snobbery and cave-in a few years ago and bought my first CoD just so I could play online with my son (who has always loved CoD first and Battlefield second, only because "his pop" plays BF).
    ---
    So getting back to my point, "if you don't like it, don't buy it" rings hollow for people like me who received it as a gift. Also, I am a little bit "brand loyal" when it comes to BF. I hate to admit it, but no matter what they do, no matter how the next iteration of BF includes (transgender options) I will still buy it, because as far as I can tell, there is nothing quite like it.
    ----
    It is true that I have never noticed a single bug in a CoD game, but to me, that's like comparing generic white bread, with Dave's Killer Bread (for those outside the US, I apologize in advance for using a local product as an analogy--Dave's Killer Bread meets all the criterion for healthy bread--organic, non-gmo, packed with over 21 different variety of seeds--it is a super-food, whereas white bread, is basic bleached flour that goes moldy in about a week.) I know exactly what I'll get with the next CoD.. it will still be whomever rounds the corner and pulls the trigger first wins the kill, and then you have to watch for spawn-flips when too many get into enemy territory--which means the goalposts keep moving. "Wow, we infiltrated their back yard, and now they are suddenly in our front yard."
    ---
    BF has always had the teamwork aspect which CoD fails miserably at, and apparently, they are not concerned with that--they attract the lone-wolf types whose concern is only K/D.
    ---
    I didn't mean to derail into a BF vs. CoD, but getting back on track--I love BF for life. I'm certainly not a fan-boy though, if something sucks, I will make a thread about it--just ask @LOLGotYerTags --I'm pretty vocal about things I dislike, he has locked plenty of my threads that became toxic, either by me or others responding to my "boo-hoo" threads. For example: It irks me to no end how DICE changed the game to allow safe-zones, where before a good base-"rake" was all good fun--they "fixed" base-raking but now have allowed campers to sit in trucks and farm infantry with no way to get to the offender. So I will complain about that... and I will also post videos when I get lucky enough to get some one who is doing this nasty behavior, before the countdown timer kills me.
    ---
    tl;dr: I am BF for life, but please don't call me a fan-boy because I call it like I see it. If something sucks, I will voice my opinion, but I'm like that 25 year old still living at home--I may complain about my parents, but I have no where to go, and I don't plan on leaving.
    Like Huey Lewis and the News sang: "I'm happy to be stuck with you."
    I would post more, but I'm on my way to go get a Battlefield tattoo.

Great post! I’m kinda the same way. For better or worse there is no other game that offers 32 vs32 . There is planetside 2 but I have played that and it felt pointless because there is no “winning” a match. You only temporarily control s territory. I long for the day a real competitor comes along if only to force DICE to make more of an effort.
  • Catsonspeeed
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the player base already got what they wanted, with Battlefield 3. And now with every new Battlefield title we move further away from all that. I'm already having trouble identifying these latest releases as Battlefield games.

So I certainly know what I want. And that is either Battlefield 3 remake, or Battlefield 6 with similar game / gunplay, maps and modes, weapon variety. A sense of progression. And vehicles that are more than just decorations or should I say marketing tools.
  • M_Rat13
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the player base already got what they wanted, with Battlefield 3. And now with every new Battlefield title we move further away from all that. I'm already having trouble identifying these latest releases as Battlefield games.

So I certainly know what I want. And that is either Battlefield 3 remake, or Battlefield 6 with similar game / gunplay, maps and modes, weapon variety. A sense of progression. And vehicles that are more than just decorations or should I say marketing tools.

Well I think BF3 is where it started going down hill. Modern shooters just seem to attract a certain type of player....

Personally, as a die hard BF1942 fan (I also love BF1943), going back to WW2 was always the dream for me.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11750 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    To I'm certainly not a fan-boy though, if something sucks, I will make a thread about it--just ask @LOLGotYerTags --I'm pretty vocal about things I dislike, he has locked plenty of my threads that became toxic

Yup.

Though to be fair, If you dont post your grievances with a game, It isnt ever going to be changed if you just go all la-de-da about it ( just accepting it as if you feel honoured to be playing it )

Just like me though, If I dislike something, You can bet your rear end I am going to speak up about it, But on the opposite side If I enjoy something, I too will post about it.

Feedback is feedback as far as I am concerned as long as its constructive, Ranting doesnt really offer anything that can give devs an insight to the issues, That's why we try to push y'all to be more objective with your complaints.

Y'know?