Aircraft (Stuka or other) spotting cameras

dirt33breaks
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Has anyone actually unlocked and used these yet? i cant for the love of god find any footage or topics about them on the internet yet.
you would think that these would be a target for people to unlock as its soo god damn hard to see enemies.
i remember Dice saying in the dev interviews that they had something for us pilots to see enemies better but so far there is nothing.
Are the Camera "that thing" they are talking about.
i am yet to unlock them as im finding it quite hard to get company coin when all ive been doing is trying to fly planes and squinting 1" from my monitor all the time lol.

would love to see some footage or hear someones experience with them and know what they actually do.

Comments

• mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yes would love to hear something from the devs on this too.
  • Kaakkraker92
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ive got em, its not that hard to unlock em....... but then again your then chosing between Or offensive arnaments Or the spotting camera and no real offensive capabilities so just flying around and only being able to spot. So or spot and fly around in circles feeling useless or have somefun and bomb players on the ground
    (ive unlocked litterly evrything ingame atm and tried all variants of the spotting camera's etc) Having flares with a attackplane feels more usefull, since your also able to use rockets against air and ground targets and 4 mg's that melt evrything
  • SirBobdk
    4019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried it on the Stuka but you sacrifice to much.
    The Belheim with spotting camera is quit good. Really like it.
    You sacrifice the 2 bombs but still have 8.
    You get to see your targets and you get so many spotting points it brings you in top 5 on the score board.
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Tried it on the Stuka but you sacrifice to much.
    The Belheim with spotting camera is quit good. Really like it.
    You sacrifice the 2 bombs but still have 8.
    You get to see your targets and you get so many spotting points it brings you in top 5 on the score board.

I have the same experience.
    On the Belheim (Bleinheim? forgot what it's called) it works really well, but is also a bit disappointing, because when you try to turn around and bomb what you just spotted, the spotted enemies are usually already unspotted...
    It can greatly help you team in offensive/defensive modes like breakthrough.
  • Raspu71nG
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i have all the spotting cameras unlocked.
    sometimes you spot lots of players( around 20 players) from high up (huge icons appears on screen) by the time you get down they are unspotted, and sometimes it doesnt spot anything when clearly there are players on my spotting crosshair, i still dont know why, i think you need to be above a certain high for it to work.
    also when a tank gets spotted a little icon appears vs a huge icon for infantry players, i hope they would change the spotted tank icon similar to the spotted infantry icon, because i like to hunt down tanks.