Can't hit [removed] after new update

30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 14
With new update everytime im near a structure or prone i hit the structure or the ground with my shot. On screen i can see target .... i have updated nvidia drivers
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• 5hadyBrady
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    0412388767 wrote: »
    With new update everytime im near a structure or prone i hit the structure or the ground with my shot. On screen i can see target .... i have updated nvidia drivers

Are you talking about the texture? I believe this is from parallax or tessellation. When you see an object with bumps or textured pattern, the object itself isn't what it appears to be. There are invisible portions of the texture that you don't see to create those 3d effects. This is why you can shoot an inch to the right of a tree, but the bullets get hung up on what seems to be an invisible texture. There's nothing you can do about this. The texture is there, it's just being rendered as transparent. More advanced techniques or better hardware will likely remedy this in the future, but I'm sure developers will also push boundaries in other areas , which means this will more than likely always be a problem.
  • DonCleaveOne
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea this is insanely disturbing when trying to countersnipe someone, they can hit you but you hit what you cover behind even if aim is well away from object!

• 1WarPig1
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This has been happening to me from day 1, yeah, frustrating to get killed because of this.
  • TFBisquit
    1349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Leaves from bushes block my bullets apparently. And I mean single leaves. Actually a bit obscene tbh.
  • Wiiiggum
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happening since day one here also, same as 1Warpig1 mentioned above. There was even some areas where AA turrets would clip invisible walls on the ground.

I guess the obvious fact the game was 1 year away from being ready didn't prevent them from releasing the game. God bless.