#BringBackPremium

13»

Comments

  • Noodlesocks
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Would rather updates and content be handled by a more modern developer who are a bit more experienced with games as live services. Dice Sweden have really begun to show their age with their big patch every few weeks approach.

    I'm willing to wait if everything is free lol.

    If you have the patience to then all the power to you but more modern developers are constantly releasing fixes and content to their games... A lot of those games being entirely free to play. Meanwhile Dice Sweden is stuck in 2010 holding back on much needed fixes and balance changes to release all in one go; more often than not leading to a whole load of new issues due to the compilative nature of changes being made all at once.
  • ReignerDeustcher
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Premium was THE WORST aspect about previous titles and absolutely held them back from their full potential. Premium is as predatory as micro transactions and especially so when the games HAVE micro transactions as well. I mean, BF1 only got good once they started releasing DLCs for free and I was finally able to play the maps I paid for, but then why the hell did I have to pay full price, but everyone else got them free? So what, I paid $50 for a couple weapons skins and dog tags no one used?

    Paid content like maps in multiplayer games is one of the worst things ever introduced to gaming. Shame on you for promoting it.

    I'd take 16 more maps for $50 any day. I am a Battlefield fan and like the idea of giving my money to the developer especially if I know there will be 16 more maps and more weapons etc.

    you are a true battlefield fan like me

    if you like something, more is always better and keep things fresh
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would also pay for more maps. I got premium for every BF game which had it. Enjoyed 12-16 maps, 20+ weapons and other stuff. Game was rich with a lot content and we didnt had to have silly cosmetics, hats, face painting and other nonsence.

    Now i wont have that, game will have way less content, means i will get bored faster, cosmetics will really not keep me playing this game and i dont care for any BR nonsence.

    I would rather split the community again then be all together with basicaly nothing. I have job, work every day and i am used to pay for additional content which has value for me (and other people worked hard to make it). I dont expect to get stuff for free, but cosmetics have no value for me so i see no reason to buy those.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    #Gameisdying

    #notseeingtheevidence
  • GrizzGolf
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No. We are better off without it.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    Pay for what, exactly? For EA to actually finish a half finished product? For more maps that'll sit empty a week later because they're only available to premium players?

    I think you've lost your mind.

    Agreed. I believe people are under the allusion that things would be different if premium was around. I disagree completely. I think the roll out would be the same
  • Shinkiro94
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't mind premium back either.. at this point in a BF games lifecycle i was enjoying the game with more weapons, more maps, more general content with full squads of friends...

    Now, im just barely playing, and when i am its alone.

    The game is just stale already, most of the maps are terrible, there's only so many times i can play the same 2-3 maps over and over before i get bored. Irrespective of the good gunplay.

    Not to mention the game is starting to feel like a chore to play with the "live service". Thanks to tides of war i cant even play how i want to play when i do boot up the game.

    I will probably stop playing after this ToW and go back to BF4. And likely wont be purchasing anymore BF games that use the live service model.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shinkiro94 wrote: »
    Not to mention the game is starting to feel like a chore to play with the "live service". Thanks to tides of war i cant even play how i want to play when i do boot up the game.

    Why not? no-one is forcing you to play the ToW stuff.

  • Hawxxeye
    5370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All I know was that I needed to play some maps from the Naval DLC in the summer for an ASSignment needed captures with a boat and I could not find a working server with Helingoland bight etc because nobody was playing them anymore.
    Premium just splits the community and potentially wastes some of those maps because people do not play them enough.
    .
    Do not fall for the trap that developers need more than 60 dollars to give you a full game. It is all a trap to make you spend more money so the fat cats on the executive side can "compensate" themselves with millions of dollars.
    The devs are just thrown a bone and even thrown under a bus if needed.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    All I know was that I needed to play some maps from the Naval DLC in the summer for an ASSignment needed captures with a boat and I could not find a working server with Helingoland bight etc because nobody was playing them anymore.
    Premium just splits the community and potentially wastes some of those maps because people do not play them enough.
    .
    Do not fall for the trap that developers need more than 60 dollars to give you a full game. It is all a trap to make you spend more money so the fat cats on the executive side can "compensate" themselves with millions of dollars.
    The devs are just thrown a bone and even thrown under a bus if needed.

    You are maybe right, but another fact is that we will simply never see new maps in such a scale as we did with premium. That is fact, bf5 will never get 12-16 new maps. We will be lucky if we get 4-5. Look at Titanfall 2 or Battlefront 2....on single hand you can count how much they got without premium/season passes. Bf5 will be same.

    And i have no problems paying for maps, those are most important things for me in mp shooter. Cosmetics, camos, skins i dont care, those will not keep me playing the game for 1-2 years as i played every BF since BF3. I work, earn money and i have no issues to pay for additional content which has value for me - maps. Cosmetics dont.

    But now i cant, we are no longer split, we are all together with pretty much nothing on the way....for who is this win? Devs dont get additional finances, players wont get additional maps and will stop playing the game much faster, or you think cosmetics will keep you playing for 2 years?
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It is all a trap to make you spend more money so the fat cats on the executive side can "compensate" themselves with millions of dollars.
    The devs are just thrown a bone and even thrown under a bus if needed.

    Devs make quite a lot of money. Obviously not exec-level amounts, but a tonne none the less.

  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Current live service we have is far worse then Premium model which gave us afterall what we wanted most - mp maps, which are the only thing to keep game alive and fresh.

    Clothes, hats, firing range, coop, temporary modes wont do that and wont keep people playing the game for 1-2 years.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People complain about Premium splitting the player base yet happily demand regular and hardcore modes which is doing precisely the same...
  • Shinkiro94
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    Shinkiro94 wrote: »
    Not to mention the game is starting to feel like a chore to play with the "live service". Thanks to tides of war i cant even play how i want to play when i do boot up the game.

    Why not? no-one is forcing you to play the ToW stuff.

    So not doing the only new stuff added is your suggestion? I'd have quit earlier without some form of goal in sight considering the game was stale a month in.

    It was fine at first, but now it's forcing gameplay and most of all bad teamplay which ruins whatever game mode is the current target.

    The "live service" is just terrible.

    At least with premium i didnt feel forced to play and could play whenever i wanted to.
  • UniQue1992
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D wrote: »
    Maps! Maps! Maps!
    When! When! When!
    Maps! Maps! Maps!
    When! When! When!

    I'm thinking of camping outside Dice HQ chanting this for a month. Who's coming?

    Maps! Maps! Maps!
    When! When! When!
    Maps! Maps! Maps!
    When! When! When!
    Maps! Maps! Maps!
    When! When! When!

    If you pay my flight and hotel I'll come. And I'll make sure to make some noise for my beloved Franchise.
  • JediMastaWyn
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that ship has sailed with regards to BFV. But there's a argument that a 'live service' is not a better option. Time will tell.
Sign In or Register to comment.