Game crashing to desktop after 11/12/2018 update

Comments

• dmldaddle
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    dmldaddle wrote: »
    already removed origin overlay doesn't changed for me.

Windows up to date , are you all on 1809 version or still on 1803 ?

i have launched some occt power supply test , that crashed after 5 minutes (2 times).

i removed gtx1070 , changed for a 1050 : no crash (in game or OCCT).

Yesterday evening re-plugged the GTX1070 and since yesterday evening , no Crashes.

played some 30 - 60 minutes party , no crash.

Occt power supply test : 35 minutes , no crash.

after 4 days - playing 1 or 2 hours , not have any more issues

Just unplugged GTX 1070 , plug a 1050 , re-plug 1070

maybe just unplug , start windows , stop , re-plug gtx and re-start .

don't understand why this worked for me.

• Leadcask
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, they need to address the community about this soon. They act as if they have time to delay a fix because we all logged over 24 hrs of playtime. That would be beyond their time allowed for refund.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My game is crashing as well and i get an error about corrupted game files and drivers.

The crashes occure after around 20 minutes i get into a server.

I didnt had the time to "repair the game" or roll back my nvidia drivers to an older version to see if the crashes stop but before i leave for work this morning windows had an update and i am curious if this is fixed for anyone.
  • JohnnyBigodes
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    All the problems I read here, seems to be a problem I had in the past.

I always thought my System was rockstable. I tested it multiple times and never got an error.

The temps seem to be also good and didnt have any problems with other games.

The only games i have ever had problems were Battlefield games.

Had problems since BF3.

The problems I was getting in Battlefield games were always because of wrong memory voltages.

Here is the way how i fixed it for good:

- Disabled XMP (This is for Intel and i dont know the name for AMD systems) Profile
    - Set manually the Mhz of you RAM (I have DDR4 3000)
    - Search the website of your RAMs manufacturer for the sugested voltage
    - Dont set the voltage of your RAM on Auto, but set it manually to that voltage you found out in your BIOS

Please watch out if you RAM is getting the sugested voltage.

There are Motherboards (Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA) like mine that wont give out the right amount of voltage even if you set it manually.

I would set manually to 1.35V and and it would give me 1.30V. I would have to set manually the voltage to 1.40V to get the wanted 1.35V at the end.

Alone this 0.5V less would make my RAM unstable for Frostbite Engine games. All other games would work without a problem.

Please guys, take a look in your BIOS and test this out. Maybe your game wont crash anymore after this fix.

I hope i could help you in this one like a SANITÄTER ;oD
  • dmldaddle
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    i'm not using xmp or overclock for me , ddr 4 3000 , only running at 2133.

now after 5 days without any crash , i switched to DX12 => then Crash in 15 Min.

Not only BFV crash but some other Games that not crashed Before like Farcry 5 or BF1.

crashes started i think after Win 1809 update , on october.
  • Brayve_Sir_Robin
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dmldaddle wrote: »
    crashes started i think after Win 1809 update , on october.

My crashes stopped after I decreased the overclock on my CPU and GPU and updated to 1809.

• Leadcask
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Turns out my EVGA RTX 2080 Black is the issue. After playing over 76 hrs of BF5 and no issues, I constantly get this error in the event viewer in Windows 10: nvlddmkm.sys Event ID 13, seconds before freeze and crash to desktop. While there are claims that there are a fix for this all over the internet, none of them work.

My specific issue. In game freezing then drop to desktop. I'm also seeing artifact flashing so I have the feeling that the gpu is becoming unstable.

Solution: RMA the GPU, as this seems to be a common theme with these onboard chipsets failing.
  • AllStar_Andyman
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it is always the same and this **** me up =!/§(=/(=$/(=)/§=(/")&(%FDGVKUZ!G°"

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: bfv.exe, Version: 1.0.68.32584, Zeitstempel: 0x5c1007a4
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.17763.134, Zeitstempel: 0x1659a33b
    Ausnahmecode: 0x887a0005
    Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000055299
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4ac
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d49be87468dcc0
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Spiele\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Berichtskennung: 57d021f4-3414-411b-aab8-29e3c03c02dc

everything is absolutely fine with all the other games and applications... only bf5 is CTD after ~ 5-20 min and it really really pisses me off
  • pr_samick
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Me too keep craching and end on desktop never hat this before.

please fix this BUG my specs are good to play this game.

do your job dice ea
  • stabbinhobo
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same exact issue as OP. Sound will stop working properly.. will get 2 skipped sound beats.. the game freezes.. then CTD. Happens at odd intervals. Sometime I play for hours w/o issues.
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This kind of crash is normally unstable machine / overclock, high temps or a power issue such as cheap psu which can’t maintain stable power under load or psu is not powerful enough. Also drivers and bios not being up to date. Less likely is faulty hardware or a loose / poor connection solved by reseating.

When I overclocked my Gpu too far bf v crashes frequently. At current settings game is complete stable with no problems at all.
  • dmldaddle
    Still had some crashes.

changed the Psu (corsair 550 to Seasonic FS550+ platinum) this doesn't Fix the crashes.

I noticed i have less crashes(in OCCT linpack test) after having changed DDR current protection in Bios from medium to Turbo.

Or maybe i think this is better, because after eachy change i noticed it's better and after some days it crashed Again.

Note :: no overclock for cpu, not using XMP profile (2133 instead of possible 3000 for my DDR).

What is doing EA or Dice ?
  • ReQui3m_Voice
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keep crashing
  • Axujencik
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hi, the same situation, chraching to win10, after last big update. before was 0 crashes.... 20 -30 min of gameplay and guess what :) i got crash :DDD
  • nomercyzRM
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is the fix? Crashes about 10 minutes in to around. No errors just to desk top. Sometimes just sitting in menu.
  • ZyRonNR1
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. after feb 14 update. CTD after approx 15min. Wth? Never had this berfore.
  • grigx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue about month. No errors just to desk top. (BF4, BF1, BFV and PUBG)
  • dmldaddle
    Finally crash gone out since 2 months.

i completely changed motherboard , cpu , still using same DDR4 (but now running in their 3000 Mhz XMP profile - before only 2133),
    re-init of Win 10 , no clean install.

i7 9700K now.

work with not any more issues.
  • oy8155
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello.
    I have had a lot of problems with this game.
    Finally I have changed the speed on my cpu fan to max.
    That did the trick.
    No crash since.
    Best regards
    Michael
  • grigx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me problem was XMP profile.

My default RAM is 1600mhz but i use before XMP profile which is 2133mhz - Crash

Now i use 1600mhz work with not any more issues.