Will EA do the same as Medal of Honour....

SithMetal71
81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
and end up canning Battlefield?

If so then Dice need to go alone and bring back Battlefield as it should be.

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1369 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes, i think BF is the next MOH. I HOPE it's not dude, being i'm NOT buying no PC to play quality war games (wish i could, but the misses nearly threw me out addicted to Skyrim, let alone buying a gaming pc).

And DICE is owned by EA. And so, it may be EA cans them, and brings in a new team. Or, just ends these DICE titles that flop after flop.
  • DaMutha1
    1165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The silver lining would be a cure for my gaming addiction
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, i think BF is the next MOH. I HOPE it's not dude, being i'm NOT buying no PC to play quality war games (wish i could, but the misses nearly threw me out addicted to Skyrim, let alone buying a gaming pc).

And DICE is owned by EA. And so, it may be EA cans them, and brings in a new team. Or, just ends these DICE titles that flop after flop.

Lol the same, happened with my ex, tried joining the french Foreign legion after lol
  • diagoro
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The huge elephant in the room is basic quality control. Dice has slowly devolved over time. The BF4 release was a huge scandal that rocked both the franchise and the business world, that was quickly followed by apologies and promises from both EA and Dice. But have they grown or improved much since. It feelz like the dev teams have shrunk in both size and quality. The onky thing that remains is the core ambition. And while BF1 turned out to be a classic to many (myself among them), they've slipped back once again.

The base issue is the consistent lack of quality, lack of proper testing (for us on consol, it feels like they only do minor tests on pc), and the inability to either guage what the player base wants, needs. Or even care.

It saddens me to see the way this is going, as it looks dire. And combined with the Battlefront fails, Dice are really on the edge of complete failure. At some point EA will just say enough is enough, that the "investors won't tolerate more sub-par performance" and that the franchise isn't worth further investment.

BF is my my ONLY fps, and it's demise would end a huge chunk of my gaming world.
  • pest174
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    The huge elephant in the room is basic quality control. Dice has slowly devolved over time. The BF4 release was a huge scandal that rocked both the franchise and the business world, that was quickly followed by apologies and promises from both EA and Dice. But have they grown or improved much since. It feelz like the dev teams have shrunk in both size and quality. The onky thing that remains is the core ambition. And while BF1 turned out to be a classic to many (myself among them), they've slipped back once again.

The base issue is the consistent lack of quality, lack of proper testing (for us on consol, it feels like they only do minor tests on pc), and the inability to either guage what the player base wants, needs. Or even care.

It saddens me to see the way this is going, as it looks dire. And combined with the Battlefront fails, Dice are really on the edge of complete failure. At some point EA will just say enough is enough, that the "investors won't tolerate more sub-par performance" and that the franchise isn't worth further investment.

BF is my my ONLY fps, and it's demise would end a huge chunk of my gaming world.

Same. Since I'm on console, FPS with multiplayer is somewhat limited. I have Apex Legends installed on my PS4, but I still come back to BF5 for my shooter needs despite my growing pains with the game.

I could return to BF4 or BF1, but I've just about completed everything I could on those games, and I'm short a few ranks of hitting max on both.

I still have hopes for BF5 to do a 180 like BF4, and become a polished masterpiece, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • diagoro
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »

Same. Since I'm on console, FPS with multiplayer is somewhat limited. I have Apex Legends installed on my PS4, but I still come back to BF5 for my shooter needs despite my growing pains with the game.

I could return to BF4 or BF1, but I've just about completed everything I could on those games, and I'm short a few ranks of hitting max on both.

I still have hopes for BF5 to do a 180 like BF4, and become a polished masterpiece, but I'm not holding my breath.

Agreed, still hopeful. But as I get older, most of the newer fps games are either too 'twitchy', too quick, give me major motion sickness, or just too infantry based. Hopeful the new pc game WW3 succeeds and gets ported to consol. The competition might kick drive Dice and EA.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    pest174 wrote: »

Agreed, still hopeful. But as I get older, most of the newer fps games are either too 'twitchy', too quick, give me major motion sickness, or just too infantry based. Hopeful the new pc game WW3 succeeds and gets ported to consol. The competition might kick drive Dice and EA.

Yeah, but that game don't seem to be doing too well. And Insurgency is coming over, but that looks like Operation Flashpoint, and we know what happened there. But i feel your pain, i'm aging out of this twitch shooter crap myself, but then again, BF was never a twitch shooter. THIS title is, and it's not only us, being this game is getting creamed.
  • Astr0damus
    2735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    and end up canning Battlefield?
    --

That will never happen. Medal of Honor is no comparison to BF. If you have only played the last couple BF titles, you may not realize some of us have been playing BF since 2005 and perhaps earlier (on PC). There have been times when my XBOX was simply a BF playing device.... meaning I played BF only.
    If so then Dice need to go alone and bring back Battlefield as it should be.
    --
    I would be all for that. Return to roots, and not be a puppet for a large conglomerate forcing lootboxes and other profiteering schemes upon the fan-base.
  • Astr0damus
    2735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (respectfully snipped)

--
    I feel you on that. I can't imagine getting hyped for Forza 9 or whatever number they are up to.
  • TamKingski
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While its possible its unlikely to happen imo.
    As for Dice leaving EA,again certainly possible,bungie recently split from the grips of activison so that they can take destiny in their own direction and not have an endlessly money hungry publisher dictating monetization systems that hurt the game.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    TamKingski wrote: »
    While its possible its unlikely to happen imo.
    As for Dice leaving EA,again certainly possible,bungie recently split from the grips of activison so that they can take destiny in their own direction and not have an endlessly money hungry publisher dictating monetization systems that hurt the game.

I don't think DICE can leave EA, being EA owns DICE. However, EA can fire DICE, or eliminate the studio altogether, or BF for that matter. That can make those in that studio go start another somewhere, but not with DICE.
  • Woodlbrad
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they can't drop some major content after firestorm with tow dice will be done 2 of their most recent titles are both flops.
  • -Antares65z
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14

I still wonder what ever happened to the MOH 2010 release. Though it had some issues, overall I thought it was a pretty good game that had promise. Seemed like support abandoned that game pretty quickly.

Being that FPS/military shooter games are the only ones I play, mainly because of lack of gaming time, I would find it hard to justify investing a lot in a new PC build. The quality of these games types is deteriorating and combined with the growing cheating problem, I'm starting to migrate over to console gaming. Ended up buying BF5 at half price for the PS4, not the PC. Its getting harder to justify my investment of time and money in PC gaming.

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

Being that FPS/military shooter games are the only ones I play, mainly because of lack of gaming time, I would find it hard to justify investing a lot in a new PC build. The quality of these games types is deteriorating and combined with the growing cheating problem, I'm starting to migrate over to console gaming. Ended up buying BF5 at half price for the PS4, not the PC. Its getting harder to justify my investment of time and money in PC gaming.

Right, i hear you, but the thing is, all we have is these battle royale or twitch shooters. I'm aging out of it man. I'd love to play Hell Let Loose, or Post Scriptum, or that new civil war game War of Rights. A lot of those PC titles even have bot modes. Red Orchestra and the rest.

That's where games are at for me, but again, i can't do it.

I'll tell you this, what i really wish would happen, is Gabe could come out with an agreement with Microsoft and Phil Spencer, and give us a Steam App for our Xbox. Then we can get those Indie titles. If they did that, i would not even be on these forums. I just would not be playing BF. Plain and simple. But unfortunately, i'm stuck lol.
  • herodes87
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They will Close Dice Sweden and move some Guys to Dice LA (Danger Close).

Look at Visceral they got closed too. Never thought it would Happen.

EA will prefer to Safe American Jobs as a American company.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    herodes87 wrote: »
    They will Close Dice Sweden and move some Guys to Dice LA (Danger Close).

Look at Visceral they got closed too. Never thought it would Happen.

EA will prefer to Safe American Jobs as a American company.

DICE LA, eerily enough, the studio that killed ...MOH.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11742 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!