Time to Kill is Too Low

124»

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Santini3 wrote: »
    Wow.. some of you babies either suck at the game, are (admittedly) old men and therefore shouldn't be catered to, or just plain enjoy complaining and putting blame on something other than yourself. There is no issue in the gunplay of this game right now. Almost every gun is viable depending on the situation and style you want to play.

The problem is people REFUSE to adjust. People refuse to commit to becoming better players. it's so frustrating. I go to school 3x a week and work a full time job WHILE being married and can somehow find a way to adjust, learn how to spot enemies before they spot me (no crying about visibility issues from me), and land my shots to get a satisfying kill. Who the F wants their enemies feeling like bullet sponges? A standard 4 hit kill? With semi autos? Get the F out of here. You suck. Break your disk or delete your game and please stop commenting here.

I don't want the game that my friends and I love so much being altered to death because DICE listened to the worst players in the community. If you're dying too much? Guess what? It's not because the TTK is too fast for the game to handle... no. It's because you refuse to be aware of your surroundings and learn how to be a good player.

I can't believe jabronies like Seal team 6 (the most jabronie named guy on this forum) have the audacity to try and get this game changed to a point where when you shoot someone 3 or 4 times they don't **** die. Gtfo. These are guns we're using here not pea-shooters.

Also to the OP who said "why would anyone use the Sturmgewehr 1-5 when you could use a semi-auto?" Are you that dense? The sturmgewehr 1-5 is one of the best and easy to use guns in the game!!! Educate yourself.

A "jabronie" lol. You must be from my neck of the woods. Anyhow (don't ask me how i came up with this name), i probably am on older man, but you have to understand kid, folks are not playing this game. It's on sale, a brand new triple a game, and number 21 most played on Xbox (according to the store).

So, it's not old men, or kiddies not playing this game. It's most EVERYONE not playing this game.

Which is to say, the game is failing. I understand you're a teenage super hero playing the game. That's wonderful, but obviously, many of us are having issues with the game, and given our counts, i think it very much matters, IF you don't want the game dead, and want more content.

Where as, go the current course, and by summer, the game free to play games with gold....and no dlc.

Quick reiteration (that means a recap). DICE saw issues out of the gate, and received data folks were frutrated over TTK, and were refunding the game. The backlash to that, was the issue was "netcode", and TTD....not TTK. I knew that was bs.

Well, now we got the miracle netcode update. And guess what? SAME ISSUES. Why? Because like i said, it was not the netcode, and to the extent it was, the fast ttk was too fast for the program to handle.

Now, i understamd what's happening, is that my arguments may be making sense. And that's what's scaring some folks, which is why i'm getting this.

In that, DICE may just have to revisit the TTK issues that have BROKE this game. And you don't like that, and others, being your "superhero" status is likely going to go bye bye, if they do.

I understand, but that's just life. We're not going to have a broken game because some 17 year old on a sugar high is having a power trip. There's a lot of money involved here son, and if folks keep refunding due to a broken game, they have to change course. Now the bells gonna ring and recess over. Get back to your studies.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    As it was in the first place, you can properly balance the guns/fix the netcode or you can raise the TTK. They tried to raise the TTK and all the Youtube people got their fanboys to complain so they reverted it back. Now you have to deal with horrible weapon balance that will probably take a year until it's decent. This game is dead for a reason and this is one of them.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    As it was in the first place, you can properly balance the guns/fix the netcode or you can raise the TTK. They tried to raise the TTK and all the Youtube people got their fanboys to complain so they reverted it back. Now you have to deal with horrible weapon balance that will probably take a year until it's decent. This game is dead for a reason and this is one of them.

That's it in a nutshell. And so, now we got this miracle netcode fix, that fixed nothing. So now what? Continue a broken game? So, what's obviously worrying people, is that ttk is going to have be revisisted.

And i'm willing to think, it's going be underhanded. They won't announce it, and when it happens say we're paranoid, and that all it was was a netcode fix, but ttk is getting nerfed.
  • One_Called_Kane
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The Ribeyerolles is one of the slower TTK weapons like you said, but it's very easy to chain headshots with. Thus it can often seem like you die almost instantly to it because it only takes 2 to 3 hits to kill with headshots.

I'm sure the 2x headshot multiplier oftentimes contributes to that feeling of TTD being near instant.
    Oh I don't disagree at all, I was just pointing out the relationship that seems to exist between the one-frame deaths and low ROF guns which seem to be the most common culprits and how that is indicative of TTK not being the root cause. If it were, we would hardly be seeing guns like those mentioned at all, and guns like the Suomi and M1907 would be receiving a lot more complaints.
    I see, well you keep making excuses, and we'll keep trying for solutions. Your solutions didn't work. Time for new solutions.
    Is your solution to keep deflecting until everyone gets bored and leaves? I think that's where we're at now. Cheers.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The Ribeyerolles is one of the slower TTK weapons like you said, but it's very easy to chain headshots with. Thus it can often seem like you die almost instantly to it because it only takes 2 to 3 hits to kill with headshots.

I'm sure the 2x headshot multiplier oftentimes contributes to that feeling of TTD being near instant.
    Oh I don't disagree at all, I was just pointing out the relationship that seems to exist between the one-frame deaths and low ROF guns which seem to be the most common culprits and how that is indicative of TTK not being the root cause. If it were, we would hardly be seeing guns like those mentioned at all, and guns like the Suomi and M1907 would be receiving a lot more complaints.
    I see, well you keep making excuses, and we'll keep trying for solutions. Your solutions didn't work. Time for new solutions.
    Is your solution to keep deflecting until everyone gets bored and leaves? I think that's where we're at now. Cheers.

Bye.
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd love to have the option for 3x scope for any weapon. Just because it isn't practical doesn't mean it couldn't be mounted on the gun.

Is it practical for a shotgun with buck to have 3x? No, but its more practical to have 3x if you use slug rounds.

But! In any case, the TTK is fine but they are working on fixing the TTD where packets are updated more frequently so that damage is registered properly instead of all in one packet dump from the server.
  • One_Called_Kane
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bye.
    And nothing of value was lost that day.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bye.

Yet you keep coming back to do hardly anything but insult.
    Either leave or be civil/on topic.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Bye.

They're trolls from reddit, seeing the netcode fix bombed, and now afraid they're going to revisit ttk. That's why they're here, in effort to demean those views, like they do over there.

Problem is, here, they can't downvote you here in so you can't be heard. So, they try this tact, obviously not working. But they'll keep trying.
  • One_Called_Kane
    If you feel I have strayed from the topic, you are free to call a mod. Describing someone's actions does not constitute an insult. That the two should bear resemblance to one another is no fault of mine.

They're trolls from reddit, seeing the netcode fix bombed, and now afraid they're going to revisit ttk. That's why they're here, in effort to demean those views, like they do over there.

Problem is, here, they can't downvote you here in so you can't be heard. So, they try this tact, obviously not working. But they'll keep trying.
    Again, you are free at any time to address my points regarding why the TTK is not the issue. So far you have done nothing but deflect and offer ad hominem attacks while chanting that everyone who is disagreeing with you is some reddit poster (I'm not at least, but it isn't like that's going to stop you from trying to put me into that box).
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    If you feel I have strayed from the topic, you are free to call a mod. Describing someone's actions does not constitute an insult. That the two should bear resemblance to one another is no fault of mine.

Again, you are free at any time to address my points regarding why the TTK is not the issue. So far you have done nothing but deflect and offer ad hominem attacks while chanting that everyone who is disagreeing with you is some reddit poster (I'm not at least, but it isn't like that's going to stop you from trying to put me into that box).

Sir, i have written books on this thread, and many others, on this TTK issue. There is nobody here can doubt that. In fact, i gave such a winded response, you claimed it "boring". So what the hell else you want? STOP trolling us.
  • One_Called_Kane
    Okay, you want a book? Let's do a quick recap, then. I will abbreviate posts for reading sake but this thread is only 4 pages long so they are easy enough to verify if you have a mind to.
    Fast ttk, on a netcode that doesnt provide for it, is what's causing these issue for people.
    You entered this discussion claiming the fast TTK was the cause of the TTD issues, and that lowering the TTK would fix the problem.
    I'm sorry but that's a load of nonsense. Hardline had guns like the AKM and the FAL with TTK numbers that embarrass anything in this game and it did not have the TTD issues this game has.
    I countered by pointing out that a previous game with even faster TTK than BFV generally did not suffer from the one-frame-death issue as it exists in this game.
    I'm sorry sir, but we keep making excuse after excuse. Hardline was nothing like this. But i find it interesting, they were telling me this ttk was that of BF 3 with 24 player servers!!!!! Lol, now it's Hardline ttk. Look man, it's the ttk.
    You responded by saying that no, it was the TTK because Hardline was nothing like this and all the people disagreeing with you were just making excuses.
    At this point you stopped making sense to me, because when you said Hardline was "nothing like this", on the one hand that could mean you thought the TTK in Hardline was faster than BFV. But that was my point to begin with, so why would you be disagreeing with me?
    On the other hand you might have meant that the TTK in Hardline was slower than in BFV, but that would be mathematically false.
    Alternatively you could have meant that the netcode was different in Hardline, which would have proved my point by showing the lack of correlation between the TTD issues and a fast TTK.
    Based on your response you clearly thought I was wrong about something, but of the three possibilities above two of them prove that I was correct about the TTK and TTD being unrelated, and one of them proves you don't know how fast the TTK in Hardline was. Again, puzzling.
    Despite apparently never playing the title, you are correct: Hardline was nothing like this.
    The issues we are having in BFV did not exist in Hardline. Because it was never about the TTK.
    The TTK in that game was fast. Very fast. As in 'the AKM was a 40 round, fully automatic Gewehr 1-5, the K10 made the Suomi look like the Sten, and the battle rifles put every semi-auto in BFV to shame', fast.
    In any case I assumed you simply didn't know how fast the TTK was in Hardline, seeing as how you did not have the 'BFH' tag in your card I figured this was a fair assumption.
    So I tried to give an idea of just how much damage the guns in that game did, and follow that up by pointing out the relative lack of complaints regarding single-frame deaths in that game despite its faster TTK, especially as work was done to the netcode to improve server performance and feedback. Again, leading to the conclusion that the TTD issues in BFV are not related to TTK and instead are server related and will be improved as time goes on.
    Hardline failed, and i never heard netcode being the issue. MOH with the fast ttk failed. Hardcore mode always had small amounts of voiceful players. But the ttk too fast, and mode died. Literally died on BF1. This is not 12 player Rainbow Six either cleaning out rooms.

And in addition, the game and netcode, in how it was designed, cannot handle it. So, i just don't know what you want to do. It can't get any worse, so maybe major change is in order.
    You pointedly do not respond to any of the points above, and this time don't even bother to address the TTD issue directly, and instead claim that games with a fast TTK are not successful, holding up MOH, Hardline and BF1's "Hardcore Mode" as examples. You follow up with a claim that the netcode "cannot handle" fast TTK, despite admitting in the exact same post that netcode wasn't an issue in Hardline, which has already been established to have a faster TTK.
    So far all of the reasoning you have presented has boiled down to "because I said so". Your vague assertions that fast-TTK games are not successful fall apart when you consider that BF3 and BF4 both had similar TTKs to BFV (and only slightly slower than Hardline) and are considered by many to be the Gold Standards for the series.
    I call you on your strawman argument and point out the false logic in your claims that Hardline and MOH failed due to a fast TTK. I then point out that both BF3 and BF4 were highly praised and despite both of those titles having similar TTK values to BFV, while also not suffering from its TTD issues.
    Again, you do not address any of what I wrote above, claiming everything to be "excuses" and moving to the assertion that the problem can only be fixed by changing the game.
    Again, I call you out on it. At this point I am unwilling to continue offering facts to someone who clearly isn't going to bother reading them.
    (Contrary to your assertion above, your posts themselves aren't necessarily boring, but your lack of argument certainly is.)
    Bye.
    And you immediately validate my decision.

QED
  • IIIIApexIIII
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    @ One_Called_Kane

That was pure poetry, nothing short of murder by words.

The overwhelming evidence from BFV and previous DICE titles is that the TTD issues are NOT inherently linked to TTK. To claim otherwise is simply ignorant.