TTK / TTD Changes Done Absolutely Nothing

13»

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems crazy to me that we are trying to raise our pings to play the game better, but it would seem raise the ping will be of benefit
  • NLBartmaN
    2953 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is also "caused" by console having less powerful hardware to process everything and higher tick rate (60Hz) on console.

Too bad I don't have a PC copy of BF V to test that theory.
  • VOLBANKER
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I don't want to limit my internet speed, I want raise the response time to the servers.

My ISP has a direct line to the location of the servers, so almost no delay, shortest route possible.

So I think rerouting will be my only option to raise my ping and get better TTK/TTD and other netcode related issues experience.
    But that's the point: With the program above you can limit the internet speed for a single process.
    In this case you specify a limit on the internet speed of the Battlefield 5 process.
    That should be exactly the same as having a slower Internet connection inside Battlefield 5, right?
    While your Internet speed would be completely unaffected for net browsing and so on.
    It's only the BF5 process that is limited.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I didn''t even know you could change your VPN on a console. I thought that was PC.
  • VOLBANKER
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ah ok, if you are on console then you can't run the program of course.
  • Santini3
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It feels way worse on PS4 and with under 10ms ping. Even more 1 frame deaths.

That's absolute BS. Also playing on PS4 with sub 30 ping consistently and haven't experienced a one frame death in quite a while.
  • Santini3
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Well since update I get outgunned by Sten at point blank when I shoot the guy first with ZK(+RoF Upgrade), so yeah GG DICE, great netcode....not.

You getting outgunned by someone has nothing to do with one frame deaths. Sorry you didn't land all of your shots.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still seeing this stupid thing where the guy is basically sprinting at you but also shooting at the same time, or you die before they even shoot you with more than 1 bullet and then you see the bullets after the fact as you are falling to the ground dead
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Santini3 wrote: »
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Well since update I get outgunned by Sten at point blank when I shoot the guy first with ZK(+RoF Upgrade), so yeah GG DICE, great netcode....not.

You getting outgunned by someone has nothing to do with one frame deaths. Sorry you didn't land all of your shots.

I have good aim and it means i land 2-3 shots confirmed by hitmarkers, and then sten... When its a headshot it doesnt matter to me its meant to be fast death, but when its body shots and sten is a lot slower than ZK it means something isnt right with netcode or server is out of sync. Perhaps I was already shot by this guy before I saw him etc. We used to do these tests a lot on BF4.

So bad netcode or server performance has nothing to do with my aim. Think about that before you compile another nonsense reply.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played more today. Got "One-framed" alot. Shot a guy in a tank turret three times in the head at close range with a bolt action rifle, ZERO hitmarkers. What is up with that?
    It definitely plays worse for me.
  • NLBartmaN
    2953 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's absolute BS. Also playing on PS4 with sub 30 ping consistently and haven't experienced a one frame death in quite a while.

Sub 30 is something totally different than sub 10 ...

Like I stated in a previous comment, I want to raise my ping to around 20 to 25, since that seems to be the ping at which things start to go a lot better.

Read other comments like the player that played at his girlfriends house with ping above 20 and the game felt 10 times better than at his own house with ping under 15
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know the game is all sorts of messed up when people are trying to raise their ping just to avoid crappy netcode and TTD issues. WTF is going on.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    You know the game is all sorts of messed up when people are trying to raise their ping just to avoid crappy netcode and TTD issues. WTF is going on.

What's going on, was the Netcode fix was a huge nothingburger, as predicted. Therefore, Plan B, which was suppposed to be the plan if the netcode issue did not resolve the 'quick death" issues. And that plan b is...rengaging the TTK matter.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Tried a USA server tonight - 80ms ping and it was horrible. Very stuttery, got some cheap kills but I found the movement an issue a lots of input lag on the mouse. Didn't get shot round a corner though.

I went 20-10 or something like that before I quit

Back to EU servers and dying around corners, shot behind cover. The game is in really poor shape atm. I actually think the closed alpha had less issues and played better. So much for progress
  • CSO7777
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    I've only played for a few hours (got the Apex-bug unfortunately). I have a ping of 20-21.

I didn't get one-framed once which is good, but still got killed behind cover and sometimes very far behind cover.

I still feel like there is some kind of lag in the game-client. Often what you see on screen is not what really happens in the game, this gives the "killed behind cover"-issue and also the problem with getting shot by people peeking out of cover, shooting you and going behind cover faster than you seeing them on your screen (even if looking straight at their position).
  • Niick1402
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »

I still feel like there is some kind of lag in the game-client. Often what you see on screen is not what really happens in the game, this gives the "killed behind cover"-issue and also the problem with getting shot by people peeking out of cover, shooting you and going behind cover faster than you seeing them on your screen (even if looking straight at their position).

Read this if you want to understand why that lag is present.

http://www.gabrielgambetta.com/lag-compensation.html

• BFB-LeCharybdis
    705 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It feels way worse on PS4 and with under 10ms ping. Even more 1 frame deaths.

I think you've missed the point mate, we're saying that the sweet spot for good gameplay exists somewhere between 20-35.
    The problem is that when you drop below that (for me 11-16) the game falls apart.