Battlefield is dead...

Comments

• HawkeyeAM47
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield will make a comeback, i know it for a fact!
    Give us the cold war era, nit too advanced, not too old school either
  • crapjon
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    McBattlefield... That about sums it up. Good work.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just wish they were really given a chance for this WW2 game. It was obviously just stuffed out the door in desperation to compete with the holiday games. Ridiculous. They could have done well, instead EA chose greed and shareholders. And they win nothing in the end in the case of BFV.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play and buy only Battlefield games so, If next BF game is futuristic, ain't gonna buy it. That said, BFV is the best BF game ever created from DICE - HANDS DOWN , it just need more maps, content and balancing. At the end of the day, It's not so very much after all.

Agreed 100% people are hating just to hate and are probably bad at the game or not intelligent enough to understand its not a run and gun fest anymore its actually more tactical and more satisfying

Yeah except that is just your misconception. I am pretty good at the game. I deleted it because after 60 hours or whatever it is boring as hell for the most part. It's barely a WW2 shooter, and the rank up is useless, pointless, and actually gross considering how bad the immersion and UI matter for WW2 shooters.

With BFV I get horrible shots of soldiers, a lady on the cover cuz need that, and various blues and pinks for my UI. This bears little to no resemblance to any decent WW2 vibe. Thanks Dice.
  • Catsonspeeed
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was just wondering how Firestorm will turn out with this netcode and lag compensation, I'm mean what if those two guys last standing are both high ping bulletsponges?
  • -Antares65z
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    BFV is not dead yet
    It was simply prematurely born (EA broke DICE's waters early) and so it currently lives in an incubator until it can grow enough to be able to live a normal life

I have a feeling the plug is going to get yanked on the o'l incubator before the bun is done in the oven.
  • -Antares65z
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I saw a video on YouTube that "leaked" BF2020. It is supposedly BFBC3, With a mix of Vietnam and Modern setting, going back to the style of BF3/4. Also, it's been in development since 2017 by DICE LA. I can't verify how legitimate it is though.

I'm ready for a Modern BF as well, I wasn't around for BF4, and while it's still fun, I missed out on a lot of good stuff.

Is this the video you're referring to?

• parkingbrake
    2765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm ready for any Battlefield setting with a real anti-cheat.

Before I ever touch another Battlefield game again it will have to have a clientside anti-cheat.

"Client side" are words that make hack developers lick their lips and drool. PUBG is a massively client-side design and it has the worst cheating I've ever seen. Anything that runs on the client is something a hack can get to and mess with.

Punkbuster is gone for a good reason, it is obsolete and had become useless against today's subscription hacks. Look at their website, the last update is four years old. Today's good hacks aren't installed on the client, they're injected after the game launches. EA was supposed to be working on something to detect hacks in operation in RAM, presumably that is the anti-cheat system they don't talk about. Fairfight is banning cheaters in BFV, but for some reason it's happening slowly and maybe even erratically, some outrageous hack users are not disappearing with the speed we would want. Of course if they're being allowed to buy new accounts and use the same name, well how are we supposed to know they're being banned?

At least they've stopped doing one-week warning suspensions, now it's a permanent ban. EA should follow PUBG's lead and send ban confirmation messages to players who report cheaters. They should also stream the names of banned players as they used to (apparently something they are trying get working again). They should also extend a ban from BFV to every EA game a banned player owns, get busted with a hack in one should cost the cheater every EA game he's paid for.

It isn't just detecting cheaters that is the problem, it's the weak-knee policies applied to cheaters that makes getting caught less serious than it should be.
  • prisoner_519362
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just played on devastation map. I saw they added all these little ladders for the little snowflake noobs.

Stop **** on team work Dice!!! Just because people are working together and defending an area well doesn’t mean make it easier to attack that area...?!! Smh

(bf4 engineer and chopper. that’s team work! Dice takes a **** on it)

Battlefield is dying... RIP
  • MAJWolfcookies
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    BFV is not dead yet
    It was simply prematurely born (EA broke DICE's waters early) and so it currently lives in an incubator until it can grow enough to be able to live a normal life

I have a feeling the plug is going to get yanked on the o'l incubator before the bun is done in the oven.

Yes. Born with a deadly congenital heart defect and lacks a soul. Memorial service soon!
  • prisoner_519362
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V the snowflake edition.
  • parkingbrake
    2765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Not dead but it certainly won’t have the longevity of past titles that’s for sure!
    The game is bleeding players a lot faster at this stage than any other battlefield before it.

Lately I'm seeing quite a few players who are rank 0-5. Either they've just bought the game, or they have a new account for some reason. I don't know how many players bought BFV and have stopped playing, I doubt anyone here does. But since I'm seeing new players I have to think this game isn't dead. Disappointments like the poor network performance aside, I'm still having fun, my friends are mostly still playing, so I'm going to see how it goes in the months ahead.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game was DOA at launch. Never had a chance. None of my friends play it and have moved on or gone back to BF4.
  • prisoner_519362
    Call in reinforcement tanks... okay now kill yourself to use it?? Smh