You can't have a content drought this long and expect people to be happy about it.

Comments

  • EoG_Alchemist
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AwfulMcBad wrote: »
    Tbh your post reeks of entitlement, we literally just got a content update today(co-op mode). Maybe it's because I'm older, but back before the internet was a thing in regards to consoles, you bought a game and that was it. There were no DLCs, unless you were a PC gamer and half of those were free.

    If you feel the game is lacking in content, stop playing.
    If you feel like the missions/assigments are a chore, don't do them.

    Plenty of people are pretty happy with BF V(on the whole).
    I'd be happy to see more maps and a bit better weapon balance, but I'm not going to quit because of the lack of more maps and half-hearted weapon balance.

    Payed money for product so "entitlement" is not the correct term here...
  • Johnny__Rogueps3
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I personally preferred the premium model. Guaranteed dlcs with multiple maps being released. Being a BF veteran, I've enjoyed all the past games and the premium structure that was in place. (except for Hardline)... I had no problem paying an extra 50 bucks for the all the future content. I paid the extra 20 for the deluxe version of this game and basically got nothing. ( that's my own fault I guess for purchasing it blindly)...At same time I don't see myself purchasing skins for real $. Maybe it's because I'm in my mid 30s and I don't really see the appeal...

    The content is a little stale, an increase in the level cap could help a little. Maybe if they had the beta online for a longer period of time or multiple beta weekends, the devs could of ironed out some of the bugs before launch. I know they have the tow challenges, but that really isn't scratching the itch the same as 3 or 4 new maps to play on.
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    To be fair, you have paid for the base game, which you have received, you are technically entitled to nothing more than you have right now.

    This is where you are wrong. Firestorm was very, very visibly promised as part of the game. It's still not here. The ongoing content addition of maps and factions was also promised as part of the game, the big thing is that it's no longer part of Premium. It's still not here. You have a selective memory as to what was promised and what we received. You are right that for the dollar/hour of enjoyment, ALL gaming is a great value. It's nothing exclusive to this game in particular. Gamers have always benefited from having a hobby that is great for thrifty people.



  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    rifle77 wrote: »
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    To be fair, you have paid for the base game, which you have received, you are technically entitled to nothing more than you have right now.

    This is where you are wrong. Firestorm was very, very visibly promised as part of the game. It's still not here. The ongoing content addition of maps and factions was also promised as part of the game, the big thing is that it's no longer part of Premium. It's still not here. You have a selective memory as to what was promised and what we received. You are right that for the dollar/hour of enjoyment, ALL gaming is a great value. It's nothing exclusive to this game in particular. Gamers have always benefited from having a hobby that is great for thrifty people.



    Fair enough about Firestorm, but it is here next month (and will probably be not so good anyway, I just can't see it fitting in with the BF style of play but we will see). The factions and more maps will hopefully be rolled out as part of the live service. Without the Premium investment they come when they come. People have to be paid for this stuff, they don't just design maps and do programming for free.

    In the early days of online FPS you got what you got and that was it, until they released another add-on game (which was usually a year or so and you had to go out and physically buy it).

    This game has been out for 3 months, that is 12 weeks, not a long time at all and people have been crying about content pretty much since it was released. Even with Premium in place in BF1, it took a while to get to They Shall Not Pass (It released on March 14th and the game had been released the previous October, that is five months).

    People just need to have some patience.
  • parkingbrake
    3045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rifle77 wrote: »
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    To be fair, you have paid for the base game, which you have received, you are technically entitled to nothing more than you have right now.

    This is where you are wrong. Firestorm was very, very visibly promised as part of the game. It's still not here. The ongoing content addition of maps and factions was also promised as part of the game, the big thing is that it's no longer part of Premium. It's still not here. You have a selective memory as to what was promised and what we received. You are right that for the dollar/hour of enjoyment, ALL gaming is a great value. It's nothing exclusive to this game in particular. Gamers have always benefited from having a hobby that is great for thrifty people.
    Firestorm is supposed to appear in March, and this isn't March, so how can you complain about something not being here when we haven't yet reached the release date?

    It also seemed obvious to me that future content and the sale of skins were linked, and they aren't selling us skins yet because DICE couldn't even get free CC to work properly. This is why I hate the service model, with paid DLC you knew what new content you would be getting. BF4 went from ten maps to over thirty in two years, plus lots of new weapons and vehicles and game modes. Fifty bucks for Premium was a good deal, but some folks complained about it so now we're stuck with no paid DLC, a trickle of new content, and a game they might not bother to update at all by next year if it isn't bringing in enough revenue.

    Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is supposed to appear in March, and this isn't March, so how can you complain about something not being here when we haven't yet reached the release date?

    I don't think you read the whole back and forth. He said when the game shipped, Dice had no further obligation to provide content. I reminded him that much of what was promised as part of the game has not shipped yet. I wasn't complaining about the lack of Firestorm, to be honest I doubt I"ll even play it. This whole Premium argument is really tiresome, and I honestly for the life of me can't understand why some people are defending a company that has yearly profits in the billions for being slow to deliver content. Like be honest with me, why are you defending a company that doesn't give two craps about you and has delivered a sub-par experience for a game you paid for? Name me one other industry you would allow that in. Your internet provider? Your car manufacturer? Why the white knighting for game studio's? I'll never understand it.

  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rifle77 wrote: »
    Why the white knighting for game studio's? I'll never understand it.

    It's a weird thing. In any other consumer based discussion customers have no issues at all holding producers to account.

    But when it comes to video games (like many other artistic consumer items) because players experience emotions associated with their enjoyment of the product, they develop a blind following like bias moving forward and over time, hold them less and less to account.

    Gamers are one of the most apathetic consumer groups on the planet, mostly down to some seriously misguided and blindly bias brand loyalty.
  • TheMunt
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    rifle77 wrote: »

    The difference is BF4 had paid DLC, something some folks said was bad because it split the community and they weren't going to pay for the same game twice and so on. Okay, they got what they wanted, no paid DLC. I paid the extra fifty bucks for Premium in BF4, it went from ten maps to over thirty over two years, plus lots of new weapons and vehicles and game modes. So anyone who objected to that should really be biting their tongue now, because BFV has no paid DLC (as they wanted) which means the new content will arrive in a trickle.

    What you say is completely true, but there's no good solution for it. I've always paid the money for Premium. Do I think we should have had to? No, they would have made money on the game with Premium or not, you're talking a company who has profits in the billions. With that said, I got more for Premium (queue priority was what I cared about mostly), and if it weren't for splitting the population between premium and non, I would have continued that way.



    Oh Harpoon. How I miss thee
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally given some of the supposed sales issues the game has had I'm actually surprised we have gotten as much as we have now. I will say I think it was kinda stupid for EA to adjust their revenue model based on consumer preferences like they did when the previous system seemed to work just fine for them as well as other game publishers. I'd really be amazed if purchased cosmetics can cover the cost of DLC development for this game. Hopefully once they try this system and it doesn't work they'll just release a map pack as paid DLC rather then just let the game die. I guess maybe we can place our hopes on lots of access subscribers taking a liking to the game so that the game keeps getting lots of love from the dev team.
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This game and all the maps have gotten stale!!! Its honestly becoming harder and harder every day just to even load up this game a play a few rounds!!!
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    Austacker wrote: »
    rifle77 wrote: »
    Why the white knighting for game studio's? I'll never understand it.

    It's a weird thing. In any other consumer based discussion customers have no issues at all holding producers to account.

    But when it comes to video games (like many other artistic consumer items) because players experience emotions associated with their enjoyment of the product, they develop a blind following like bias moving forward and over time, hold them less and less to account.

    Gamers are one of the most apathetic consumer groups on the planet, mostly down to some seriously misguided and blindly bias brand loyalty.

    What are you talking about?

    I have absolutely no brand loyalty to EA or DICE or any other game publisher or developer.

    Just because I don't feel ripped off with BFV does not make me some kind of EA/ DICE lapdog.

    Post edited by Jedi76 on
  • full951
    2303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    I'm happy enough.

    More content would indeed be nice, but what is there for now is sufficient. There is no "Premium" with this game, we get content when we get it.

    I want fixes and stability before more content.

    good for you. as for the millions not playing regularly, it's not enough
  • full951
    2303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AwfulMcBad wrote: »
    Tbh your post reeks of entitlement, we literally just got a content update today(co-op mode)...

    If you feel the game is lacking in content, stop playing.
    If you feel like the missions/assigments are a chore, don't do them.


    millions of people who bought the game have stopped. complaining can be taken as entitlement I guess but this is the place to do it.

    the slow trickle of content on top of a bare bones release is a valid point to bring up about bfv. they must have reason to believe giving us everything at once is not in their favor. it would also seem giving us too little isn't in their favor either
  • ProAssassin2003
    2940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of new maps somebody decided to put a New CO OP Mode in the game that is Garbage and a waste of my Data to download.

    Someone at DICE went Full ****.
  • VOLBANKER
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of new maps somebody decided to put a New CO OP Mode in the game that is Garbage and a waste of my Data to download.

    Someone at DICE went Full ****.

    "Squad Conquest is popular, but hey, let's remove it / make it time limited!"

    DICE logic :s
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    AwfulMcBad wrote: »
    Tbh your post reeks of entitlement, we literally just got a content update today(co-op mode)...

    If you feel the game is lacking in content, stop playing.
    If you feel like the missions/assigments are a chore, don't do them.


    millions of people who bought the game have stopped. complaining can be taken as entitlement I guess but this is the place to do it.

    the slow trickle of content on top of a bare bones release is a valid point to bring up about bfv. they must have reason to believe giving us everything at once is not in their favor. it would also seem giving us too little isn't in their favor either

    But the OP talks about a content drought up until now.

    In my experience BF1 was pretty much no better in this respect up to this point?

    Well, I personally don't think it was anyway, I am sure someone will be along in a moment to disagree.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Instead of new maps somebody decided to put a New CO OP Mode in the game that is Garbage and a waste of my Data to download.

    Someone at DICE went Full ****.

    "Squad Conquest is popular, but hey, let's remove it / make it time limited!"

    DICE logic :s

    Makes me think of the McRib that Mcdonalds doesn't just keep on their menu seeing as so many people love the thing.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!