This may not be good news fellas..

xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Can someone decipher this for me, being idk if i'm reading this right.........

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aqijd9/just_a_reminder_to_all_there_wont_be_separate/

It seems if i have this right, is what they're doing, is not giving us new factions. But new skins in which all could be used on different maps.

Which is to say, there won't be American v Japanese. Or Soviets v Germans. It's going be like..Cod WW2, where it could be the Soviets, Americans, French, Polish etc vs the Japanese. Which is to say, this is going to be a mess like over there, not knowing who the hell is who.

Do i have this right?

Comments

• suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That was from October 2018, apparently.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    suffice_ls wrote: »

Well that was just before launch when all of this was probably finished. Did they change their stance, being i never knew about this.
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Well that was just before launch when all of this was probably finished. Did they change their stance, being i never knew about this.

Well, this thread is the first time I heard about any of it....if it was probably true, word of it would've been more widespread.

Won't lie though....USA, Japan, Russia, Italy........I just can't see it happening. USA and Japan alone would both require so much work for this rather unsuccessful game.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

Well, this thread is the first time I heard about any of it....if it was probably true, word of it would've been more widespread.

Won't lie though....USA, Japan, Russia, Italy........I just can't see it happening. USA and Japan alone would both require so much work for this rather unsuccessful game.

Well i tend to agree, i don't think we'll be seeing anything past March. However, if this is the case, and what was said over there, is that Russia and Japan may be the only ones with their separate factions, idk what the American enthusiasts are going to say having to play with every nation in the game on their maps, and all their customizations.

Landing on Iwo Jima with the French and Polish, and all the customizations may hit the immersion a bit. I think about COD, and that was a mess.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "I rather we do them justice and well over fast and tokenized"
    Yeah, They keep saying stuff like that yet they still screw things up.. ALWAYS. In every new update something breaks.
    It's getting old and tiresome hearing that over and over again.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I said there won't be factions and no on believed me. We don't even have vanilla factions with the exception of the Allies and Axis. I asked what makes you think we're getting individual nations no one offered an answer other than 'what are you smoking'.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    I said there won't be factions and no on believed me. We don't even have vanilla factions with the exception of the Allies and Axis. I asked what makes you think we're getting individual nations no one offered an answer other than 'what are you smoking'.

So, what does that mean? It's going to be like COD WW2 where there is no factions?
  • Noodlesocks
    3660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They'd have to have separate factions for vehicle loadouts and accents. I would hope they wouldn't be dumb enough to have Americans with British accents driving churchills up Iwo Jima.

Personally I would want to be able to have separate load outs for different countries. I like having British weapons on my British classes and German weapons on my German classes.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Well, right now we have American look a like uniforms (with British helmets) vs Germans so...…….
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    They'd have to have separate factions for vehicle loadouts and accents. I would hope they wouldn't be dumb enough to have Americans with British accents driving churchills up Iwo Jima.

Personally I would want to be able to have separate load outs for different countries. I like having British weapons on my British classes and German weapons on my German classes.

Well, i'm sure they'd probably do that in regards to vehicles. The thing of that they said though is that it would be a "Nations War". In that, every allied nation would participate in these battles.

In so, it's not like what we have now, the British v the Germans. It's only like that, being these are the starting factions.

But when they add more, you're going to be able to use all those factions, on all the maps. Be it the Pacific, or the Soviets etc. And so, like what they did COD, you were at Stalingrad, and wouldn't know it, being nobody was dressed up like Soviets with an American voiceover lol. Ridiculous.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I keep getting the feeling that DICE didnt want to do a ww2 game at all. The whole game and the way it's presented is almost like the devs came up with the concepts and ideas of the game and then someone said, "oh by the way guys, it will be set in WW2".
  • SithMetal71
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    we need other factions, japan, yanks, italian, ect...
    Along with big bombers like lancaster and flying fortress and sherman tank. If dice are not adding this along with sea battles then this game will die quickly, i for one who has been playing BF since BF2 MC are getting fed up of the lack lusture attitude from EA and the devs.
    I think EA may end up doing what they did with Medal of Honour series and end up canning it, Let Dice go on their own so we can get Battlefield back.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    I keep getting the feeling that DICE didnt want to do a ww2 game at all. The whole game and the way it's presented is almost like the devs came up with the concepts and ideas of the game and then someone said, "oh by the way guys, it will be set in WW2".

That's exactly what i think happened with COD WW2. I think they really want to make sci fi games. That's just what they're happy doing. But when they saw the fallout from Infinite Warfail, it was back to the drawing board. And you can just tell, there was no love really put into that game, say as compared to past titles.

Price, Soap, the Black Ops characters, their stories, all the modes you got in the mp, from tactical, to third person, i mean seemingly everything.

So, that's something they just patched together given a very bad reaction to sci fi.

I think here what happened, the "direction" that may have already been created, was bizarro, and got a very bad reaction.

And so, many things were probably cut out, and never made it given the backlash. We don't see anything from that trailer as an example. So, i think they wanted WW2, but maybe a steampunk WW2, and when that didn't go over, we ended up here.

Then, at the same time, the lootbox controversies. All that, and a very bad calendar, i think the game just ended up a throw away title, they'll cut their losses, pray for Apex, and where we are now.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    we need other factions, japan, yanks, italian, ect...
    Along with big bombers like lancaster and flying fortress and sherman tank. If dice are not adding this along with sea battles then this game will die quickly, i for one who has been playing BF since BF2 MC are getting fed up of the lack lusture attitude from EA and the devs.
    I think EA may end up doing what they did with Medal of Honour series and end up canning it, Let Dice go on their own so we can get Battlefield back.

Yep, i called that, and that's what we may indeed be dealing with. I mean, if you take off your gamer hat, and put on your shareholder hat, EA was in an Activision like position. Just a total downward thrust. DICE just getting killed by flop after flop, and if that not bad enough, controversy.

Then comes Apex, that rises EA like a phoenix from the ashes.

What are investors going to say, when EA announces another Battlefront or Battlefield title? I mean, they're gonna dump and run for cover. So yes, my personal views, is DICE is in very bad trouble, and like Activision, we can see mass amounts of layoffs, particularly from studios that are not cutting the mustard, and/or titles that arent working.

But these are our opinions, and my hope is, BF could pull it out, being on consoles there's really no other decent war games to play.

But being BF is no longer a decent war game to play, and as a consumer, and fan of the series, i wouldn't mind seeing some big changes over there, if it means it could make our game better. Being this is just unsustainable.

I mean issues like this that i pointed out, and other unconscienable messes on this game (and past DICE games), on a WW2 title, is proving to me this team could screw up a simple cup of coffee. And that's not good. We want our game to WORK, and be the quality BF game we've grown to know and love.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Basically it boils down to one "good" side and one bad side then. I wonder which side the ☭Soviets☭ will end up in ;)
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This reminds me: BF 1942 (or was it 1943? available as an XBOX online purchase only, no disc) was a really fun game. It wouldn't take much to re-skin those maps. The one I'm thinking of is the Iwo-Jima map which started one side out on Aircraft carriers (or it's equivalent ship, whatever we had back then).
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well this really sucks, was it really so much effort for them?
  • Noodlesocks
    3660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well, i'm sure they'd probably do that in regards to vehicles. The thing of that they said though is that it would be a "Nations War". In that, every allied nation would participate in these battles.

In so, it's not like what we have now, the British v the Germans. It's only like that, being these are the starting factions.

But when they add more, you're going to be able to use all those factions, on all the maps. Be it the Pacific, or the Soviets etc. And so, like what they did COD, you were at Stalingrad, and wouldn't know it, being nobody was dressed up like Soviets with an American voiceover lol. Ridiculous.

That will be a terrible move.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

That will be a terrible move.

Yep, but that seems where they're going. I hope they don't, but guess we'll see.