Weekly BF

[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• shapes01
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IAM4D7 wrote: »
    I suspect many of the Origin Premier Access members are SLI users, so I would encourage you (EA Dice) to implement a more savvy method of countering the LOD hacks. We as a community often times use tools such as the nvidia profile inspector to create legitimate SLI profiles that without, would make your poorly optimized console ports unplayable. I for one will certainly cancel my subscription to OPA if this is the standard practice for keeping your player base happy.
    • Fix this now
    • Hire better software developers
    • Blatant tactics such as this truly show your technical prowess as coders
    • If by solving one problem creates a larger problem (LOD hack < SLI users) do not proceed

That is all

Could not agree more, will be doing the same
  • Fruxen
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    RaZoRfi wrote: »
    I made a list for you guys and girls to follow in order to make Sli work again.

1. First go make sure "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and unselect read-only on both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin

2. Now run nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and select Profile: Battlefield V

3. Set "SLI compatibility bits dx10 + dx11" to : 0x080116F5

4. Set "Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode DX10" to : 0x00000004

5. Set "Nvidia predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10" to : 0x00000002

6. Click Apply Changes and close nvidiaProfileInspector

7. Go back to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and select read-only set both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read-only

Sli should again work with dx11.
    But you need to make sure and unselect the read-only everytime you want to make a change to settings in the future.

@LOLGotYerTags is there any risk for being banned for doing the steps above? I don't think so but wanted to ask since DICE obviously now try to stop any changes made by NvidiaInspector.

I got 2x GTX970 and I get way too much stutter with only one of them running. I've played with SLI since release and I need it for enough fps to play remotely competitively on my highres monitor.
  • DukeSan27
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fruxen wrote: »
    RaZoRfi wrote: »
    I made a list for you guys and girls to follow in order to make Sli work again.

1. First go make sure "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and unselect read-only on both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin

2. Now run nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and select Profile: Battlefield V

3. Set "SLI compatibility bits dx10 + dx11" to : 0x080116F5

4. Set "Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode DX10" to : 0x00000004

5. Set "Nvidia predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10" to : 0x00000002

6. Click Apply Changes and close nvidiaProfileInspector

7. Go back to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and select read-only set both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read-only

Sli should again work with dx11.
    But you need to make sure and unselect the read-only everytime you want to make a change to settings in the future.

@LOLGotYerTags is there any risk for being banned for doing the steps above? I don't think so but wanted to ask since DICE obviously now try to stop any changes made by NvidiaInspector.

I got 2x GTX970 and I get way to much stutter with only one of them running. I've played with SLI since release and I need it for enough fps to play remotely competitively on my highres monitor.

I too would like a confirmation from DICE/EA before using this read-only method.
  • DaSeanston
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, same here. i7 4770K, 32GB DDR3, RTX2080 (EVGA). Game booted fine until I enabled DXR and DLSS. Crash at initial loading screen, PC reset, make it into game, try out campaign to take a benchmark, quit campaign; crash. Reboot again; crash at initial loading screen.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13326 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Personally I would say it is fine if you are using it for sli profiles but officially I dont have the answer you seek.

I'll ask one of the EA guys to clarify.
  • IAM4D7
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It appears EA/DICE's Battlefield community manager left the company as of Feb 8th...

I am searching for the new guy.
  • shapes01
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it does seem if this is "deliberate" only possible reason to disable SLI is because nobody wants to spend over £1000 on a new graphics card when 2 £600 (1080 TI)cards are much more powerful than the £1200 + **** card (2080 TI) currenlty on offer, sadly it does appear that nVidia and EA want us to buy new hardware. Anyone else have any other theory as to why SLI was suddenly blocked?
  • shapes01
    Only reason as to why SlI would be blocked is that nVidia are leaning on EA to get people to upgrade to the overpriced 2000 series cards which are ****. Why would you spend £1300+ on a 2080 TI when you can spend less money on 2 x 1080 TI and have much more power. Anyone else have a theory as to why SLI has suddenly become blocked?
  • shapes01
    xMrBeer wrote: »
    Can u use the old driver do it work then.or is it dice patch for the game.

Tried old one first then 418.91, no joy
  • in54ne71
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    in54ne71 wrote: »
    I'm running 5760 x 1080 (3 monitors each 1080) and DLSS is "grey" and unaviable to turn on. Got all drivers and updates both NVIDIA and BFV.

I'm pretty sure DLSS only works with RTX cards. 1080 is a GFX card not a RTX card.

-CB

Forgot to tell, I'got EVGA RTX 2080
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tedrampart wrote: »
    ya it's a huge letdown that they'd do this. I don't know if I'll be able to play this now sadly until it's worked out or officially supported. Might go back to BF1 for a bit or give Apex a try.

What gets me about all this, is why don't they just add the right SLI profile officially? or have an option to enable it (to negate the need for profile inspector tweaks).. even if it disables certain things in the game... for most SLi users, I'd imagine that the extra gpu was more to get the game up to decent playable framerates than it was to support eye candy.

Nope. We do it for eye candy. Playable framerates can be achieved with one card.... we do it for the beauty the games can be.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13326 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    shapes01 wrote: »
    Anyone else have a theory as to why SLI has suddenly become blocked?

It wasnt blocked intentionally, It just so happens that Nvidia profile inspector holds the SLI profiles for the games, Unfortunately the lod bias exploit is also done within the app.. if you block one thing, the other gets blocked natively.

Oh and dont swear, it violates the forum rules.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ultimately I don't think we're going to see "official" support for SLI from Dice for this game unless they can figure out how to make the idiotic particle effects work with it. The leaves blowing around on Rotterdam. The snow flakes blowing around on Narvic. The dust particles blowing around on Hamada. All of those are gone with SLI enabled. The weather effects (the fog!) are all still there, but the actual particles floating around aren't.

I'm sure Dice thinks that stuff is too important, and without it, they won't put any effort into SLI.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. We do it for eye candy. Playable framerates can be achieved with one card.... we do it for the beauty the games can be.

All generalizations are false.

We do it for a combination of high resolution AND fast frame rates. I play at 4K/140FPS because my panel can display that. That's eye candy (the game looks STUNNING in 4K) and fast frames (140FPS ain't so bad... eh?) There isn't a single GPU in existence that can handle that. It takes two.

As for support and why it isn't here yet, I wrote this in another thread:

Ultimately I don't think we're going to see "official" support for SLI from Dice for this game unless they can figure out how to make the idiotic particle effects work with it. The leaves blowing around on Rotterdam. The snow flakes blowing around on Narvic. The dust particles blowing around on Hamada. All of those are gone with SLI enabled. The weather effects (the fog!) are all still there, but the actual particles floating around aren't.

I'm sure Dice thinks that stuff is too important, and without it, they won't put any effort into SLI.
  • tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

jasonvp wrote: »

All generalizations are false.

We do it for a combination of high resolution AND fast frame rates. I play at 4K/140FPS because my panel can display that. That's eye candy (the game looks STUNNING in 4K) and fast frames (140FPS ain't so bad... eh?) There isn't a single GPU in existence that can handle that. It takes two.

this is basically what I meant by saying people do it for performance more than eye candy.. Eye candy for me meaning extra stuff like ultra everything ontop of high framerates. which on hindsight is also eye candy..
  • theCB
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay, do you have a source for your claims?

I heard of something like this for Final Fantasy 15 as well, but thought that would be a Final Fantasy 15 exclusive **** up.

Edit: Found it myself in this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/aq6wc8/february_2019_rtx_updates_battlefield_v_dlss/

Idiots...

Kinda silly that they don't support it for lower resolutions.

Yeah I don’t understand why they did this
  • JimBeam12
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem here, 2080 ti with 8700k, latest nv drivers.
  • IIPrest0nII
    1901 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hi all,

Just informing you that your posts about SLI and DLSS were merged into this megathread. Please continue posting here.

Thanks!
  • g0merpile
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    New patch come with a ton of bugs fixes, that is fine but now to avoid people play in a low Graph Qlty, Dice found the easiest way to fix it, When u open the game this, set as default the BFV profile on nvidia profile Inspector tool. I have 2 1080 TI and I can't use DX12, and now I can't use in SLI. Are u guys serious, I mean develop a game is a little bit easier than make an Hello Word in COBOL or a simple algorithm in Machine Learning but come on, doing that u are limiting users to use SLI, the only way that I have to enable SLI is using nvidia profile inspector tool. Each patch is a open book to take a note for new bugs to make new patches and while (true){ patch(bugs); }.

SlI still works in if needed a private chat is the bast way to guide U

• tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Hi all,

Just informing you that your posts about SLI and DLSS were merged into this megathread. Please continue posting here.

Thanks!

not sure if it was a good idea to merge two separate issues into one now very convoluted thread, but rather two big threads, one for each issue.. especially if the title doesn't even list DLSS.