This Week in Battlefield V

No one cares about the Italians lol

M_Rat13
1038 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Everyone's talking about American and Russian weapons, who will come when ToW advances later into the war, meanwhile, I'm wondering where the Italians are who should be fighting in France during the time the current ToW takes place.

Have people just forgotten Italy was an early participant in WW2?

Comments

• V4LI4NT
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Norway has a weapon in the game. Ædabæda :smiley:
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Finland also has a weapon in the game. Suomi KP/-31 or should I just say Soumi as often called :wink:
  • Noodlesocks
    2876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt we'll see any Italians or French despite there being plenty of battles to choose from. That being said, I will be surprised if we even do see the major factions come to the game.
  • M_Rat13
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt we'll see any Italians or French despite there being plenty of battles to choose from. That being said, I will be surprised if we even do see the major factions come to the game.

We at least have some French weapons. Not many, but some at least. The Italians, nothing.

It would be nice to see more from the French though. Maybe a map with both the French and Italians (it did happen). Both an unseen side of WW2, and a showcase of two of the other major powers.
  • Humpday15
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is leaked Italian customization items in the game's files. So they may be coming in the near future but hopefully as their own faction and not with the Germans.
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wonder if you can customise the surrender flagpole colour for the french and Italians? Weyyyyy! Only joking.

The more factions in this game the better! We want content!!
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Everyone's talking about American and Russian weapons, who will come when ToW advances later into the war, meanwhile, I'm wondering where the Italians are who should be fighting in France during the time the current ToW takes place.

Have people just forgotten Italy was an early participant in WW2?

DICE didnt write history, merely re delivered it into a confusing algorithm to suit a game. i think anyone who knows history can confirm a ton of countries, not just italy, that has helped effect every major conflict. i've deployed beside italians, good peoples and we always joked about trading our weapons. they wanted our decked out m4s and we wanted the L96 lol, cant recall their normal AR but it was bullpup mag, very different imo. and they legit still use mg42 or variant of it. i just think this game is hard to stomach if you do know history and/or you were expecting more accuracy in terms of weapons/soldiers.
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You Guys cried for free Content and now you get it.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    You Guys cried for free Content and now you get it.

Indeed, "free content" and "little to no content" being pretty much the same thing. Paid DLC with a game going from ten maps to over thirty in two years is starting to look pretty good now, isn't it.
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It Always was.

But this new Generation wants everything free and already Yesterday.

Just remember the good old Times buying Road to Rome for Battlefield 1942 on Disc.

I prefer paying for DLCs. Employes doesn't Work for free. Or you Guys would Work 2 years Just for free because the customers doesn't want to pay for your Work.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It Always was.

Just remember the good old Times buying Road to Rome for Battlefield 1942 on Disc.

I prefer paying for DLCs. Employes doesn't Work for free. Or you Guys would Work 2 years Just for free because the customers doesn't want to pay for your Work.

has nothing to do with it. EA literally wants all of their titles in the live service format you are getting. Its the Madden of shooters, as far as EA is concerned. So the slow trickle content is part of the show, even if they offered premium i'm glad i don't regret it as deluxe edition purchasers did. its not worthy of extra money in its current state. thats on EA, not players
  • Synderz123
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to see an Italian weapon set, something like the Beretta Model 38 as an SMG for the medic class, also the Beretta OVP for the medic, the Beretta M1934 as a new pistol and the Carcano rifle for the Recon.
  • jlayton1982
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It should've been the Italians in the North African setting with guns and vehicles.
  • TheGM86
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It Always was.

Then when you waited a bit they would make the expansion packs free in a patch.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I for one want Italian weapons, big part of the war and some great guns as well that could be added.
  • Thumper2671
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whatever happened to this? This clearly resembles as Italian fighter.
    SsmCurr.jpg
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    How about bringing the Schwerer Gustav to BFV? ;)

pzv6qm80b3l11.jpg

• Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

pzv6qm80b3l11.jpg

It can take 3 panzerfausts and 2 dynamites :wink:
  • M_Rat13

pzv6qm80b3l11.jpg

It can take 3 panzerfausts and 2 dynamites :wink:

You do realize the range on this thing, right? If you thought AA tanks were bad, oh boy....

Personally, if I got to chose a new vehicle to add, it'd be the T95 as an American reinforcement tank. Anyone who has played BF1942: SWoWW2 will know why ;)
  • Woodlbrad
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Id rather see Russians Americans and Japanese.