I want BFV to go away

irishwarriormoor
29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2019
When the game first came out i loved it. Chalk it up to my love of military fps and the battlefield series in particular. Now I can't stand the game. Only about 2 or 3 maps worth playing. No gun progression. Weak and inaccurate grenade launchers. Can't take down the planes. Not enough tanks. Glitches. Hooooorrrrriiiiible hit detection. I can run until I'm about 10 feet out of line of sight behind a wall and still it registers as a hit. Every weapon is a sniper rifle. Can't see tbe enemy. They just up out of nowhere. Just go away bfv. I officially went back to Battlefield 1 yesterday and seriously thinking about dusting off Battlefield 3 and 4...

Comments

• irishwarriormoor
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Just stop playing it, plenty of others have already done exactly that, it doesn't need to go away, you need to go away from it,.

Saying that I can't disagree with anything you've said, it's all valid. The hit reg is some of the worst I've ever seen as is the netcode. Game is a mess tbh, which doesn't seem to be improving despite the patches.

I already took your recommendation. Yesterday I quit the game and went over to Battlefield 1 and immediately it brought me back to the real Battlefield series. The series might be done. I know it may seem cheap and simple to say that Fortnight killed the FPS genre of games but that MIGHT turn out to be the case. Its about a money grab now with Electronic Arts. They don't care about the pure FPS shooters anymore. Thats why they left the MEDAL OF HONOR series alone years ago and they appear to be going down that road with Battlefield . COD might be the last game standing...
  • ChiefSniper
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    COD might be the last game standing...
    You're kidding, right? CoD is in an infinitely worse state than BF. It's a horrible Arcade game and hasn't been remotely good since Black Ops 2. BF is going nowhere. Trust me.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope it sticks around a long time at this point. It's cheap, skilless gameplay and shallow map design is like a honeypot for bottom barrel people. Cheaters, grievers, racists, immature kids, man boys all flock to this title like flies to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Look at them spew their garbage in the forums. BFV is great... Everything works perfect for me... Don't change a thing BFV is awesome... I've never seen a cheater... Exploiting isnt cheating... When can I use Boins to buy a golden gun tip?

I'd much rather they stay here at this point as I'm no longer interested in playing BFV for all the reasons they enjoy it so much. Just means less of the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ flies in the games I do enjoy.

I hope there is a price drop soon so more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ flies join.

• irishwarriormoor
    COD might be the last game standing...
    You're kidding, right? CoD is in an infinitely worse state than BF. It's a horrible Arcade game and hasn't been remotely good since Black Ops 2. BF is going nowhere. Trust me.

Thats not how I meant it. What I mean is the COD fanbase is the only fanbase that only cares about THAT type of FPS gaming. They love the series and still purchase it. Battlefield is a different animal as you know and the fanbase has already started abandoning the game.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When the game first came out i loved it. Chalk it up to my love of military fps and the battlefield series in particular. Now I can't stand the game. Only about 2 or 3 maps worth playing. No gun progression. Weak and inaccurate grenade launchers. Can't take down the planes. Not enough tanks. Glitches. Hooooorrrrriiiiible hit detection. I can run until I'm about 10 feet out of line of sight behind a wall and still it registers as a hit. Every weapon is a sniper rifle. Can't see tbe enemy. They just up out of nowhere. Just go away bfv. I officially went back to Battlefield 1 yesterday and seriously thinking about dusting off Battlefield 3 and 4...

It can. All you gotta do is press that "uninstall" button.
  • dado3boyz
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Definitely agree with you. BF3 and BF4 I like better than BF1 and have not even thought about trying BFV. I wish we could keep the oldies alive on all the platforms. I am playing BF4 now on xbox 360 and enjoying it but getting sick of the limited maps because I can't find any servers with DLC maps. Played BF1 for a while but the WW1 era guns were not nearly as fun for me as the plethora of modern guns in BF4.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11561 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want Mercedes Benz to go away, but it just won’t happen.
  • irishwarriormoor
    dado3boyz wrote: »
    Definitely agree with you. BF3 and BF4 I like better than BF1 and have not even thought about trying BFV. I wish we could keep the oldies alive on all the platforms. I am playing BF4 now on xbox 360 and enjoying it but getting sick of the limited maps because I can't find any servers with DLC maps. Played BF1 for a while but the WW1 era guns were not nearly as fun for me as the plethora of modern guns in BF4.

I agree. The ONLY problem i find with going back to older titles is the lack of DLC maps being played like you referenced. If people still played the DLC maps I wouldn't leave the older titles. I'm still having fun though going back to BF4 on PS4 and BF1 on PS4 and playing the core maps...
  • Sk1lld
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope it sticks around a long time at this point. It's cheap, skilless gameplay and shallow map design is like a honeypot for bottom barrel people. Cheaters, grievers, racists, immature kids, man boys all flock to this title like flies to ****.

Look at them spew their garbage in the forums. BFV is great... Everything works perfect for me... Don't change a thing BFV is awesome... I've never seen a cheater... Exploiting isnt cheating... When can I use Boins to buy a golden gun tip?

I'd much rather they stay here at this point as I'm no longer interested in playing BFV for all the reasons they enjoy it so much. Just means less of the **** flies in the games I do enjoy.

I hope there is a price drop soon so more **** flies join.
    @rockin_master

What game/games you consider better. A real question not having a go at you.
  • irishwarriormoor
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    I hope it sticks around a long time at this point. It's cheap, skilless gameplay and shallow map design is like a honeypot for bottom barrel people. Cheaters, grievers, racists, immature kids, man boys all flock to this title like flies to ****.

I'd much rather they stay here at this point as I'm no longer interested in playing BFV for all the reasons they enjoy it so much. Just means less of the **** flies in the games I do enjoy.

@rockin_master

I will give my opinion. In the Battlefield series, EVERY game except Battlefield Hardline is better than BFV. The best on PS3 is Bad Company 2 ( and its Vietnam expansion pack) and Battlefield 3. On PS4 its the Battlefield 4 remaster and BF1...
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aside from the Tides of War nonsense (I hate being forced to play specific modes), I'm really enjoying the core gameplay itself. It's easily the best-playing Battlefield in at least a decade.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Just stop playing it, plenty of others have already done exactly that, it doesn't need to go away, you need to go away from it,.

Saying that I can't disagree with anything you've said, it's all valid. The hit reg is some of the worst I've ever seen as is the netcode. Game is a mess tbh, which doesn't seem to be improving despite the patches.

I don't have many hit reg problems but tbh I come from a cod background which apart from the IW games has terrible hit reg.
    Lag etc is pretty non existent for me as well. The game runs fine for me except for the TTD bug and now that stupid Respawn flicker.
    Bf1 was fine for me as well but the hit reg in BF4 was god awful.
  • Sk1lld
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »

@rockin_master

I will give my opinion. In the Battlefield series, EVERY game except Battlefield Hardline is better than BFV. The best on PS3 is Bad Company 2 ( and its Vietnam expansion pack) and Battlefield 3. On PS4 its the Battlefield 4 remaster and BF1...

Kinda of where I fall, never played on console though always played on PC here. I think BC2 was my favorite of the ones you mentioned.
  • Sk1lld
    edited February 2019
    Bf1 was fine for me as well but the hit reg in BF4 was god awful.

I played the BF1 beta and wasn't impressed. I guess I'm not a fan of BF1 games, It's just didn't appeal to me. I had the same hit reg issues in BF4 and finally just gave up on it. I'm looking for a MultiPlayer fix, and will come back here from time to time to see if EA has sorted this mess.

• ChiefSniper
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thats not how I meant it. What I mean is the COD fanbase is the only fanbase that only cares about THAT type of FPS gaming. They love the series and still purchase it. Battlefield is a different animal as you know and the fanbase has already started abandoning the game.
    I may have picked up your original post wrong. Fair do's.

• AzafTazarden
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see people who own BF4 complaining about bugs and network issues. I mean, did you guys actually play BF4 on release? I don't think you did.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try Apex Legends, free, and you won't have buyers remorse. Because, you know, it's free.
  • Sk1lld
    dude32092 wrote: »
    Try Apex Legends, free, and you won't have buyers remorse. Because, you know, it's free.

Thank you, I will.
  • OkeDoke
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I used to play BF2 and was readily awaiting BFV to get back into fps, truely this games physics is so so bad. Today's latest patch has really stuffed it up further, graphics card gone into disco flash mode on screen at random intervals and rifle grenades not working! what else is now stuffed up I have not yet had the please of finding out, what with hit direction being totally incorrect/ shot behind cover, invisible enemy/ latency issues/ weapon hits that are not possible at distance let alone kill in 1 shot, how can such a bad product be allowed to be released onto the fps community.
    Unfortunately, I think its time we all pitched in for a civil action/ complaint?