This may not be good news fellas..

Comments

• herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Will be the final nail in the coffin of that Game.
  • GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what’s the matter?

did you expect even the smallest portion of historical correctness from DICE?

sry. you’re wrong, then.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    we need other factions, japan, yanks, italian, ect...
    Along with big bombers like lancaster and flying fortress and sherman tank. If dice are not adding this along with sea battles then this game will die quickly, i for one who has been playing BF since BF2 MC are getting fed up of the lack lusture attitude from EA and the devs.
    I think EA may end up doing what they did with Medal of Honour series and end up canning it, Let Dice go on their own so we can get Battlefield back.

Yep, i called that, and that's what we may indeed be dealing with. I mean, if you take off your gamer hat, and put on your shareholder hat, EA was in an Activision like position. Just a total downward thrust. DICE just getting killed by flop after flop, and if that not bad enough, controversy.

Then comes Apex, that rises EA like a phoenix from the ashes.

What are investors going to say, when EA announces another Battlefront or Battlefield title? I mean, they're gonna dump and run for cover. So yes, my personal views, is DICE is in very bad trouble, and like Activision, we can see mass amounts of layoffs, particularly from studios that are not cutting the mustard, and/or titles that arent working.

But these are our opinions, and my hope is, BF could pull it out, being on consoles there's really no other decent war games to play.

But being BF is no longer a decent war game to play, and as a consumer, and fan of the series, i wouldn't mind seeing some big changes over there, if it means it could make our game better. Being this is just unsustainable.

I mean issues like this that i pointed out, and other unconscienable messes on this game (and past DICE games), on a WW2 title, is proving to me this team could screw up a simple cup of coffee. And that's not good. We want our game to WORK, and be the quality BF game we've grown to know and love.

I don't agree with the comments that Infinite Warfare would have spelled doom for a near future BF. BF2142 was a good game with some modern updates a BF2143 could have been pulled off. It didn't need wall running exo suit kill bots, we have Titan Fall 2 for that.

While I personally hated the hover tank in BF4 I'm sure they could have pulled off.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    Along with big bombers like lancaster and flying fortress and sherman tank. If dice are not adding this along with sea battles then this game will die quickly, i for one who has been playing BF since BF2 MC are getting fed up of the lack lusture attitude from EA and the devs.
    I think EA may end up doing what they did with Medal of Honour series and end up canning it, Let Dice go on their own so we can get Battlefield back.

Yep, i called that, and that's what we may indeed be dealing with. I mean, if you take off your gamer hat, and put on your shareholder hat, EA was in an Activision like position. Just a total downward thrust. DICE just getting killed by flop after flop, and if that not bad enough, controversy.

What are investors going to say, when EA announces another Battlefront or Battlefield title? I mean, they're gonna dump and run for cover. So yes, my personal views, is DICE is in very bad trouble, and like Activision, we can see mass amounts of layoffs, particularly from studios that are not cutting the mustard, and/or titles that arent working.

But these are our opinions, and my hope is, BF could pull it out, being on consoles there's really no other decent war games to play.

But being BF is no longer a decent war game to play, and as a consumer, and fan of the series, i wouldn't mind seeing some big changes over there, if it means it could make our game better. Being this is just unsustainable.

I mean issues like this that i pointed out, and other unconscienable messes on this game (and past DICE games), on a WW2 title, is proving to me this team could screw up a simple cup of coffee. And that's not good. We want our game to WORK, and be the quality BF game we've grown to know and love.

I don't agree with the comments that Infinite Warfare would have spelled doom for a near future BF. BF2142 was a good game with some modern updates a BF2143 could have been pulled off. It didn't need wall running exo suit kill bots, we have Titan Fall 2 for that.

While I personally hated the hover tank in BF4 I'm sure they could have pulled off.

Hm, well that's not what i said at all there. Are you talking about my other comment on what COD wanted to do? I think that's probably what you mean, but over there we saw the reaction to their trailer. It's obvious maybe COD wanted to go there, but the folks who play the game didn't. But that's not to say it didn't sell, it did, but certainly not to their expectations.

As far as BF going to that, which is a total different question, i think they'd be crazy given the multitude, even inundation with sci fi shooters on current gen consoles. Which is to say,, they already have Anthem, or Apex, or Titanfall etc.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So they haven't even figured out how they're going to bring the Russians into the game yet, might be skins, might be a new faction.... Yikes. Any question as to whether games as a service was a good idea has been answered, it's a horrible idea as the game developer needs to make no commitment to future content. What a downer, DICE is just making it up as they go.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    So they haven't even figured out how they're going to bring the Russians into the game yet, might be skins, might be a new faction.... Yikes. Any question as to whether games as a service was a good idea has been answered, it's a horrible idea as the game developer needs to make no commitment to future content. What a downer, DICE is just making it up as they go.

Sir, i have to say i'm a bit taken back (i'm saying this sincerely). You've been an ardent fan of this franchise, are usually outspoken about it. We don't agree on all issues, but seeing your posts of late, particularly after this latest update, you seem very pessimistic as to this game, and in fact DICE and BF's future.

This particular issue, as mentioned by you and others, just another huge blow.

Given your wit about these matters, what do you think the future of this franchise looks like going forward?
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    That was from October 2018, apparently.

Well that was just before launch when all of this was probably finished. Did they change their stance, being i never knew about this.

Well, this thread is the first time I heard about any of it....if it was probably true, word of it would've been more widespread.

Won't lie though....USA, Japan, Russia, Italy........I just can't see it happening. USA and Japan alone would both require so much work for this rather unsuccessful game.

This game is not as unsuccessful from a sales standpoint as many are making it. It's just not as well as other BF's. Westie did a video on the subject. You should check it out, it's fairly new and on his YouTube Channel.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »

Hm, well that's not what i said at all there. Are you talking about my other comment on what COD wanted to do? I think that's probably what you mean, but over there we saw the reaction to their trailer. It's obvious maybe COD wanted to go there, but the folks who play the game didn't. But that's not to say it didn't sell, it did, but certainly not to their expectations.

As far as BF going to that, which is a total different question, i think they'd be crazy given the multitude, even inundation with sci fi shooters on current gen consoles. Which is to say,, they already have Anthem, or Apex, or Titanfall etc.

No no I was just making a general comment and yes I had forgotten to include Apex into the statement. I still can't install that. Grrrrr.

An Apex style BFV could be a little too Titanfallish I will admit.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

Well that was just before launch when all of this was probably finished. Did they change their stance, being i never knew about this.

Well, this thread is the first time I heard about any of it....if it was probably true, word of it would've been more widespread.

Won't lie though....USA, Japan, Russia, Italy........I just can't see it happening. USA and Japan alone would both require so much work for this rather unsuccessful game.

This game is not as unsuccessful from a sales standpoint as many are making it. It's just not as well as other BF's. Westie did a video on the subject. You should check it out, it's fairly new and on his YouTube Channel.

Respectfully, Westie is a bonehead and a paid advertiser for EA. Did he mention the game sold 7 million...at HALF PRICE ?????? And still couldn't meet it's mark. So, that's very bad. Particularly when those who did buy it, now ranks BF V number 21 most played games at Xbox...at half price.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Respectfully, Westie is a bonehead and a paid advertiser for EA. Did he mention the game sold 7 million...at HALF PRICE ?????? And still couldn't meet it's mark. So, that's very bad. Particularly when those who did buy it, now ranks BF V number 21 most played games at Xbox...at half price.

I'm just saying I don't think it's done so poorly that they are going to start pulling resources and content. If they do I am going to raise hell. It'll mean I'm be done with BF, and Dice.
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They wont add new factions thats for sure.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    They wont add new factions thats for sure.

Link?
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

I'm just saying I don't think it's done so poorly that they are going to start pulling resources and content. If they do I am going to raise hell. It'll mean I'm be done with BF, and Dice.

Well, if you have a game that has to be cut half price out of the gate, and, no Premium that seemingly doubles the price of a full priced game, they took i feel an unsustainable hit.

I mean hell, we were talking about Activision, and BO 4 hit record sales. But, they know they were gonna hit record sales given emerging markets, and new gamers. It always happens. The question though, was those record sales their "expectations", and that's the key word.

Where as, that's what companies base their future investments on, and BO 4, and other titles there missed the cut. And so even with record profits, 800 folks got the pink slips. And the reason why stocks went up after that news, is investors felt those layoffs could mitigate their losses of future investments.

So, in short, DICE is in a very bad place, and more so, in that APEX is doing extremely well, and giving EA their momentum. And the problem comes when EA has to decide where to allocate funds, or if in fact, another DICE title may send investors running for cover, and dumping stocks, being it may ruin the momentum.

So, we just have to see, but i wouldn't listen to Westie by a long shot lol. I go to him if i want to see what new content is on the drawing board. Not in how a game may be doing, or his opinions about games.
  • Tip_the_Cap

Well, if you have a game that has to be cut half price out of the gate, and, no Premium that seemingly doubles the price of a full priced game, they took i feel an unsustainable hit.

I mean hell, we were talking about Activision, and BO 4 hit record sales. But, they know they were gonna hit record sales given emerging markets, and new gamers. It always happens. The question though, was those record sales their "expectations", and that's the key word.

Where as, that's what companies base their future investments on, and BO 4, and other titles there missed the cut. And so even with record profits, 800 folks got the pink slips. And the reason why stocks went up after that news, is investors felt those layoffs could mitigate their losses of future investments.

So, in short, DICE is in a very bad place, and more so, in that APEX is doing extremely well, and giving EA their momentum. And the problem comes when EA has to decide where to allocate funds, or if in fact, another DICE title may send investors running for cover, and dumping stocks, being it may ruin the momentum.

So, we just have to see, but i wouldn't listen to Westie by a long shot lol. I go to him if i want to see what new content is on the drawing board. Not in how a game may be doing, or his opinions about games.

Your right, they are in a tough spot. The powers that be can either stick with it, and try to salvage this thing in order to retain their customer base, or in Dice's case lose this part of the market. There a **** ton of people who want to play period shooters and shooters in general. If they back out now someone else will step in and steal this part of the market for console players.

If I were a smart business owner or investor i'd be looking at this situation very closely. May already be making plans. Hell, Dice would have already done the heavy lifting for them. Can you say instant market, and basic game structure? They could just make a complete copy of bf4 and place it in any setting, and win big time.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

Your right, they are in a tough spot. The powers that be can either stick with it, and try to salvage this thing in order to retain their customer base, or in Dice's case lose this part of the market. There a **** ton of people who want to play period shooters and shooters in general. If they back out now someone else will step in and steal this part of the market for console players.

If I were a smart business owner or investor i'd be looking at this situation very closely. May already be making plans. Hell, Dice would have already done the heavy lifting for them. Can you say instant market, and basic game structure? They could just make a complete copy of bf4 and place it in any setting, and win big time.

Well who knows, maybe Apex can be good news, if EA wants use resources from that fortune (but, we'll have to wait to see what happens there), and put it towards DICE studios. That may help. So we just have to see..and hope.

I mean, if i don't have BF, even if this title flopped, i don't know of any war games on console i'd want to play in the future. So, lets hope it works, if not for my selfish reasons lol.
  • Tip_the_Cap

Well who knows, maybe Apex can be good news, if EA wants use resources from that fortune (but, we'll have to wait to see what happens there), and put it towards DICE studios. That may help. So we just have to see..and hope.

I mean, if i don't have BF, even if this title flopped, i don't know of any war games on console i'd want to play in the future. So, lets hope it works, if not for my selfish reasons lol.

Yea man, I would be so disappointed if this completely fails. I love WW2, and period shooters more than anything.

BTW, Westie tore them a new **** ( in his nice Westie way) just today for, Combined Arms. He makes them look pretty stupid, lol.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

Yea man, I would be so disappointed if this completely fails. I love WW2, and period shooters more than anything.

BTW, Westie tore them a new **** ( in his nice Westie way) just today for, Combined Arms. He makes them look pretty stupid, lol.

Yeah, but that's what i mean. Did you see how many posts there were about Combined Arms? I mean people care about the mode obviously one way or another, and obviously what he said was wrong, that it should have came out in November for noobs, and that now it's too late.

Well, were all those posts at reddit and here, new players? No, but they were looking forward to the mode.

Westie and those you tubers, want to END sp. That's what they're about, and in DICE listening their counsel, has quite frankly killed this game.

So DICE should shut them out of any decision making.

Like i said, it's good to go there, to see what upcoming dlc may be, and release dates and things like that.

But reviews, and certainly sales info, is totally out of bounds with them with me. EA is a 14 billion dollar company. To rely on wet behind the ears twenty something you tubers for advertising, or to make decisions based on their counsel, is just assanine. But these are just my opinions.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This sucks... very nervous about the future of this game
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Gotta agree with that ^, @Tip_the_Cap . Westie is a blatant shill. And yeah I heard the game sold something like 7million...but look at the consistent flow of new complaints day in day out since day 1.